A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 305,441
Currently Running With Scissors:
346 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: October 2009 Birthday Swap - 1st October to 31st October  (Read 7575 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
sin esperanza
« on: October 01, 2009 11:20:40 PM »

The first 3 Craftsters to sign up will have extra time to choose a partner....
after that, I ask that you notify me of your choice of craftee within 3 days of posting your list.

Swap name: October 2009 Birthday Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: sin esperanza

FOR POSTING BIRTHDAY LISTS Sign-up date range:  Oct 1- Oct 31
FOR CHOOSING A BIRTHDAY WISH TO FULFILL Sign-up date range:  Oct 1- Oct 31
DATE TO SEND ITEMS BY:  2 weeks after you claim someone unless other arrangements are made ahead of time

Limited to a certain number of people?: No.
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? No.
You must be 16 years old to swap.

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- Participant lives in the United States: YES/NO
   - If yes, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
   - If no, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

Details of swap:  This swap was organized so everyone can get something crafty for their birthday!  Please read the guidelines carefully.

1. This swap is list style, like the Ongoing Wishlist Swap, however it is NOT chain style. You can choose any birthday craftster’s list that is posted, rather than only picking the last one.

2. This is a medium item swap. A medium item is defined as a craft or recon etc that takes you two hours to complete OR $20 worth of Store Bought Items. (If bought from a thrift store, estimate at what it would have cost new.) However you may also substitute a few small items for a medium.

3. If your birthday is in swap's current month, you can post your birthday wish list for this month. To do that, you must first PM me with the swap questionnaire filled out and wait for approval.

4. Once you have been approved, you may post your list of things that you would like to receive. This is the format for your lists: First post your location and a short bio of yourself, then a list of crafted items you would like, then craft supplies (if any) and lastly you can put a few “extras” that aren’t crafted, things like candy or tea. Remember, the more items on your list, the more likely you are to be chosen. The minimum of items to post is five.  Also including your wists is a good way for people to get the idea of your likes and style.  If you have any allergies please type them in red in your bio section.

5. Please post lists only in this thread. Discussion can be done here in the combined discussion/gallery thread: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=323090.0

6. Every birthday participant must make at least one claim. You may have up to two claims at a time, and then you can claim again once your items are received (not when you mail out). New swappers may only have one outstanding claim; they may claim again after their first claim is received. Claims need to be made from the "crafted" and "craft supplies" sections of a person's list. The "extras" are just that--extra items you may want to throw in if you are feeling generous, but claims cannot be solely extras. Keep it crafty :-) (I'm asking that if you are sending mostly supplies, that you craft a little something for the bday babe.)

7. You may get claimed more than once, but your minimum amount to claim is one.  It is possible you may not get claimed at all. In this case you will not be provided a swap angel; angels are only if you get flaked on. However I do my best to make sure everyone gets claimed by keeping track of how many times each person is claimed. If possible try to pick someone who has been claimed 0 times versus someone who has been claimed 3 times.

8. If it is not your birthday but you would like to send a birthday present out you may do so.  Fill out the “non-birthday swapper” questionnaire and send it to me for approval.  Birthday swappers who receive a present from a non-birthday swapper must send a snail mail thank you card.  You will not receive feedback until I hear from the other swapper that they have received a thank you card.

9. When you choose to fulfill a birthday wish, PM both me (craftydeb) AND the chosen craftster.  At that time, please request the address for where to send it.  After that you have 2 weeks to get the item out the door.

10. It is super important for everyone to keep good communication.  It is REQUIRED that you PM me when you've sent and of course, don't forget the DC#.  It is REQUIRED that when you receive, you PM me and publicly announce in the gallery (even if you don't have pictures).  

11. When one of your items is chosen, please cross it out so that it is easier for others to see what has been chosen.
(It wouldn't hurt to thank the person at this time either.)

12. If you are sending late you must PM me by your send-out date.  If your send-out date comes and goes and you don’t PM me, you will receive “poor communication” feedback.  It should not be my job to hunt you down and find out what is going on.

Please make sure to put “October Birthday Swap” or something equivalent in the subject line on all communications.  The most important thing to me is communication.  Please PM me when you send and receive, and please reply to my PM's to you in a timely manner.  

Name of swap-  October 2009 Birthday Swap
Craftster username:
Email address:
Real name & Address (formatted for mailing):
When is your birthday?
Have you read and understand all of the rules to this swap?
Are you willing to send at least a medium item per claim?
(If not then you will not be approved.)
Are you at least 16 years old?  Yes/No
Who and what do you claim for crafting?
If shipping within the US, I agree to obtain a DC#: Yes/No
If shipping from outside of US, I agree to provide a copy/scan of my mailing receipt.  Yes/No

If it is not your birthday and you want to SEND TO A BIRTHDAY CRAFTSTER:

Name of swap- Sept 2009 Birthday Swap
Craftster username:
Email address:
Mailing address:
Chosen craftster and item:
If shipping within the US, I agree to obtain a DC#: Yes/No
If shipping from outside of US, I agree to provide a copy/scan of my mailing receipt. Yes/No
I understand that I will be getting a thank you card and not a package for this swap.  Yes/No

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

Please make sure to post in the combined Gallery/Discussion Thread to keep up with updates

Previous rounds of the Birthday swap...
September 2009 gallery/discussion http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=319514.0
September 2009 http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=319512.msg3680895#msg3680895
August 2009 gallety/discussion   http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=315596.0
July 2009   http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=311359.0
July 2009 gallery/discussion  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=310038.0
June 2009   http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=307715.0
June 2009 gallery/discussion  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=307716.0
May 2009   http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=303168.0
May 2009   gallery/discussion http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=303169.0
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009 10:19:05 PM by sin esperanza » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I hate handing over money for what I could just as easily do myself, it makes me nervous.  ~Sylvia Plath

My STS 33

Altered Fairy Tales Swap
sin esperanza
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009 11:26:45 PM »

List of Birthday Crafters:
[Name - Birthady ( claims, sent, received) gifts]

1. elociNNicole - Oct 1 (2 claims, 2 sent, 2 received) 1 gifts
2. OhThat - Oct 21 (1 claims, 1 sent, 1 received) 1 gifts
3. IMIS - Oct 21 (1 claims, 1 sent, 1 received) 1 gifts
4. melmakespretty  - Oct 26 (1 claims, 1 sent, 2 received) 2 gifts
5. pixieval - Oct 27 (1 claims, 1 sent, 1 received) 3 gifts
6. sammysam - Oct 7 (1 claims, 1 sent, 1 received) 1 gifts
7. reavesad - Oct 22 (2 claims, 0 sent, 0 received) 1 gifts
8. Transatlanticism - Oct 29 (1 claims, 0 sent, 0 received) 2 gifts
9. swickered - Oct 22 (1 claims, 0 sent, 0 received) 1 gifts

The especially awesome non-birthday crafters:
1.  Belladune (1 claims, 1 sent, 1 received) 1 cards
2. InShambles (1 claims, 1 sent, 1 received) 1 cards
3. gramma (1 claims, 1 sent, 1 received) 1 cards

Send outs: sent received sending late with communication
Belladune to elociNNicole - wisty surprise 19 October
elociNNicole to IMIS - needle felting kit 20 October
IMIS to elociNNicole - door hanging and dark chocolate Oct 22
InShambles to OhThat - wisty surprise 24th October
pixieval to melmakespretty - yo yo necklace and wisty surprise 25th October on 27th
OhThat to sammysam - laptop bag 26th October on 30th
sammysam to pixieval - t-shirt with yarn design 26th October on 31st
melmakespretty to pixieval - large purse or tote bag 26th October on 28th
gramma to pixieval - broom skirt/hats 29th October
Transatlanticism to reavesad - cute apron 7th Novemeber
elociNNicole to Transatlanticism  - scoodie and at least one extra 12th November
reavesad to sammysam - two shirts (the stenciled and the stewie shirt) as well as her headbands 14th Novemeber
reavesad to melmakespretty - flower headbands, pretty paper and wallet 14th November
swickered to transatlanticism - wisty surprise 16th November
pixieval to swickered - hat and scarf 16th November

Feedback pending:
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009 02:41:04 PM by sin esperanza » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I hate handing over money for what I could just as easily do myself, it makes me nervous.  ~Sylvia Plath

My STS 33

Altered Fairy Tales Swap
Groove is in the heart (Ne-na-na-na-na) Groove is in the heart (Ne-na-na-na-na) Groove is in the heart-ah-ah-ah

Do what you love. Love what you do.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009 01:19:15 PM »

Happy Birthday October Craftsters!!  

HI!  My name is Nicole and I turned 29 on October 1st!  October has always been my favorite month, as it starts with my Birthday and ends with Halloween.  I have three boys (9yo, 5yo, 2yo), married for 6 years (feels like 16), and 1 cat named Izzy.  My work is pretty physical as I do rental home rehabilitation on some pretty run down properties.  I like to knit and have been obsessed with anything felt lately.  Be it fulled, needled or constructed with commercial felt.  I have also been known to dabble with glass and wood.

-ALPACA!  (Cannot have anything made with this fiber. Severe allergy.)
-Dogs, synthetic fragrances, the color pink.  And cigarette smoke is gross.

Crafted Wishes:
-Something to hang on my door with an Autumn or harvest theme.  Not Halloween though please.  Yes, I do love the holiday but I would like something that I can use for more than a month.  I have no preference of the medium, nothing with my last name though. Thank You, lMlS!!
-ANYTHING from my wist.  ( http://www.wists.com/elociNNicole )
-A cover for a kitchenaid classic stand mixer.  White or black.
-Handbag (There is style inspiration on my wist)
-Project bag for knitting socks.  Not huge but big enough to easily put dpns and yarn into.
-A couple (4-6 would be rad) reusable snack sized bags for my kiddos to take to school (boy or gender neutral)
-Knitted socks (I know this is a big one.)
-Miniature paintings in frames.  (example: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=26996313 )  I noticed that joann's has tiny ATC sized canvases that are cheap and are the perfect size for miniature paintings.  Anything tiny is cool.
-A decorated recipe card box.  Funky over country please.  ;-)
-An Apron; full size.  Something either very plain or very paisley.  Rich fall colors.
-Pillows!  I loooove decorative pillows.  These can be sent to me unstuffed to save on postage.  My bedroom is all different shades of purples with chocolate brown accents.  My living room is bold and bright with reds, blues, yellows and greens.  Think primary colors and um... chocolate brown again.  Roll Eyes
-Lightweight scarf.  Knit/crocheted/sewn in slate gray, eggplant, olive, mustard, rust, browns...
***NEW***- A swear jar.  Something decorative.  Like a decoupaged container or an etched glass jar.  I swear like an angry pirate and this would be fun to receive.  Aargh!  ***NEW***

Supplie Wishes:
-Wool Yarn
-Cotton Yarn
-Craft Felt (wool or non-wool)
-Very basic beading supplies.  (closures, wire, crimp beads)
-Silk dyes

Miscellaneous / Extras:
-Anything local to you.  I like trying locally roasted coffee, honey and other products.
-I don't eat much candy but I do like dark chocolate.

Thank You for reading!  If I add more to this list I will note that its a new item.  Happy Birthday!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009 08:45:23 PM by elociNNicole » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knitting goal for 2011: knit 500,000 stitches.  24,078/500,000 knit.  I think I'm going to need more yarn...
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009 10:49:37 PM »

Hello and Happy Birthday to my fellow October Birthday Buddies!

My name is Kelly and I turn 42 on October 21st.  October is a busy month in our house as my oldest daughter turns 21 on the 12th and my son turns 12 on the 13th. (confused yet?)  I have 6 children, three girls (21, 8 and 6) and three boys (16, 11 and 10).  My husband and I have been married for 13 years and we have a such a big family because the two oldest children are from my first marriage, then we had two boys together and finally, we adopted two little girls.  

I don't work outside the home, mainly because a family this size keeps me very busy, but also because I suffer from Polycystic Kidney Disease (PKD) which is a life-long chronic renal disease usually resulting in dialysis and eventually a transplant, so I get sick a lot and get very tired, holding a job would be nearly impossible for me.  I am the birthday girl who is always forgotten, it's rare if I receive a card in the mail and I can't tell you when the last time it was that I had a fun surprise or a gift to open.  I guess you never outgrow wanting to feel special on your birthday.  Sad

Allergies: Wool gives me a rash and acrylic makes me really itchy, so I tend to stick with natural fiber items. Also, we're a non-smoking home so anything smelling of cigarette smoke would not be good.

Crafted Wishes:

*My Ultimate Number 1 wish is to have a wooden pig candle holder.  I have photos on my blog: http://heymamaa.blogspot.com/

*knitted red and white striped socks in some cozy soft material

*a pair of cashmere mittens (like cashmere that used to be a sweater and now it's mittens because you are so creative that way! Thank you InShambles!!!

* 2 same size red hearts made of lampwork glass that would be able to be used as necklace pendants

[color=lime green]*a phone cozy for my cell phone - something crocheted or knitted would be amazing, or if it was funny like Domo kun.  I have a Motorola Rival. Thank you InShambles!![/color]

*the perfect organizer to display all of our christmas cards in a pretty way....something that could be hung on the wall.

and of course, anything from my wist would be awesome

Supplies Wishes:
buttons of all shapes, styles and colors
sharpie markers of all colors and sizes
porceline paint pens
glue sticks, the big kind
tshirt iron on transfers for both dark and light fabrics
fat quarters (or more if you'd like) of any of the fabrics from my wist.

Miscellaneous / Extras:
I never turn down candy.  I love plain M&M's, bubblegum, blow pops and chewy Sweetarts.  I also love collecting refrigerator magnets from everywhere!

Thanks for reading through this rambling craziness.  If I add anything new, I'll mark it NEW! or something like that. Smiley
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009 09:31:45 PM by OhThat » THIS ROCKS   Logged
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2009 07:29:48 PM »

Hello, and Happy Birthday to all of the craftsters celebrating this month!
 My name is Elizabeth, and I am from Brooklyn, NY. I am going to be turning 20(almost wrote 19, I can't believe it!) on October 21st. I am currently in college, but before entering, I had gone to culinary school, for pastry arts. I LOVE cupcakes. If you were to ask me what I absolutely love to bake, cupcakes are my favorite! I have a pet cockatiel named Spanky. I am passionate about art. I love to draw and paint. And of course I love to craft. I am a HUGE Martha Stewart Fan. I am also in love with Disney World, and anything Disney, such as Disney cartoons(think 1940's or older)

Crafted Wishes:
Candy Corn Hat

Crochet mittens just like these!

these earrings but in turquoise: http://sneakermaniac.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/jc-cupcake-earrings.jpg

A Mickey Tye Dyed T-shirt, in the colors, but in a regular sized medium. I don;t like my shirts to be too tight. I know this is a picture of a tank, but I'd like this in a

A knitting needle holder(that holds many needles); a fabric holder that rolls up, which I can take with me on the go.

A surprise birthday package, comprised of certain things on my list and/or stuff that has to do with my bio type paragraph above.

needle-felting kit Thank you elociNNicole!!!!

Soap-making kit

Resin Kit

silk-screening kit

Knitting needles- DPN or circular would be great! I have none of those.

Jolees stickers( I love those! Or any really cute 3D stickers, Jolees just comes to mind first)

I love paper punchers, which I use to embellish home made cards that I create.

really cute charms(either in gold or silver colored, or that have colors that are realistic and matches to what the item is), such as miniature foods, horseshoes,

plastic pom-pom maker

Shrinky Dink paper that can be loaded into a printer, and be printed on

Tattoo Paper, which I can load into the printer and print on

Interesting souvenirs from your hometown or country(please, no food! )

Anything Martha Stewart!

Thank you!!! Cheesy
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009 04:49:58 PM by IMIS » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am looking to swap for knitting needles and supplies! If you are interested in doing a PERSONAL SWAP with me, please PM me! Thanks!!!

~*Cutie Patootie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2009 04:44:09 PM »

hello my fellow October babies! my name is Samantha..i reside in the great state of Ga..i'm currently 19..and will be turning 20 tomorrow (Oct. 7th) Cheesy..i'm a junior psych major just trying to finish these last 2 years of school..my favorite colors are yellow and orange..and then pink..i'm a certified chocoholic..i could eat peanut butter m&ms for days! i love doggies..hate cats..pandas and penguins are my absolute favorite animals..i love almost all things Disney..if i could..i would watch Family Guy all day..i've recently become hooked on Criminal Minds..what i wouldn't give to be a profiler..i am the biggest lover/hater of Twilight..i dig the Potter Puppet Pals/Harry Potter in general/Avatar the last Airbender/ and Kingdom Hearts..i'm a pretty random person  Cool

Crafted Wishes:

1. A laptop bag..i've currently been carrying it around in my bookbag..i'm pretty sure i shouldn't be doing that.. thank you OhThat Cheesy

2. A laptop case lol

3. a scarf knitted or crocheted (black/yellow/ or orange)

4. a beret/a beanie (black/yellow/orange/ or pink)

5. fingerless gloves (black/yellow/orange/ or pink)

7. a ring (any type..i wear a size 8 if that helps)

8. some type of decorative art for my walls in the colors pink/tan/brown/white/fuschia

9. this shirt http://www.license2tees.com/ProductImages/tv-show/family-guy/stewie-family-guy-tee-shirt.jpg thank you reavesad Cheesy

10. a shirt or jacket with this stenciled on it http://www.glogster.com/media/2/1/20/75/1207590.jpg (shirt size is a L)thank you reavesad Cheesy

11. a shirt with tare panda on it!

12. a tote bag or messenger bag

13. headbands in all types of colors thank you reavesad Cheesy

14. and of course anything from my wists Smiley wists.com/xxstargazer or anything not on my wists that have to do with things that i mentioned i liked

Supply Wishes

*Crochet Needles
*Knitting Needles
*Glass tile pendants
*Resin stuff
*Scrabble Tiles
*Polymer Clay

*Chocolate (nothing with coconut or nuts please..but peanut butter and chocolate is good)
*Random objects..i like random things Cheesy
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009 08:40:00 PM by sammysam » THIS ROCKS   Logged

!Current Swaps!
October 2009 Birthday Swap
Celebrating Twilight
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2009 04:23:17 AM »

Happy Birthday, my october lovelies! I hope you are all enjoying your birthday month.

My name is Melanie and I live in Sydney, Australia. My birthday is October 26th and I will be turning 30. Oh I feel old Wink
I live with my husband and my two gorgeous children, Zoe,9 and Koby,2. I am a stay at home mum (occasionly I work) and I love sewing, cardmaking and making beaded jewellery. I also love trying new crafts but I absolutley suck at crochet and knitting.
My favourite colour is pink and red is a close second. I love vintage fabric as well as new, and my favourite themes are flowers, birds, trees, and I have a soft spot for japanese kawaii. I have decided to keep my wishes fairly small so to keep down postage costs. My wists is pretty big so feel free to use them as inspiration.

Crafted wishes:
1. A necklace like this http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=323223.0;topicseen in pinks or greens or both. Thanks pixieval
2. Art work for my craftroom based on being creative or any of my above themes. Can be any media-paper, fabric, mixed, etc. I don't mind how big or small they are and if you send it flat I will frame it, as to keep postage down.
3. An apron like this- http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=32207131&ref=sr_gallery_16&&ga_search_query=apron&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=14&order=date_desc&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title In pink or red print.
4. Anything with totoro on it.
5. Some prettty flower headbands or hair clips.
6. this wallet http://elily00.wordpress.com/tutorials/wallet/ in pink or red
7. knitted slippers http://www.lincraft.com.au/view_project.php?id=193 in a soft yarn, cotton maybe?
8. Anything based on my wists.... suprise me!
9. Some bookmarks like these  http://kootoyoo.blogspot.com/2009/10/how-to-make-corner-bookmark.html
Supply wishes:
Molds for casting resin. square shapes, round shapes, bangle molds
stamp carving rubber
Fabric- florals (in particular rose prints, any colour)
Magnetic snaps (for bag making)
Pretty paper (for card making).

Sour lollies

Thanks so much,

« Last Edit: October 12, 2009 02:22:42 AM by melmakespretty » THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*~*Come​ and visit our new collaborative craft blog Hand Made-n's!!*~*~
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2009 08:59:57 PM »

Heya! I am turning 28(I think) on the 27th this month!! My husband is in the Air Force, my daughter(AKA the love of my life) is almost 2 years old, and I have 2 labs. I’m a computer systems gal on base. I only wear matching socks on super special occasions, and often this is a topic of discussion amongst my coworkers. 
My favorite colors are pink, black, and harvest season colors when they’re mixed together. I collect fairies, Asian inspired fabrics, elephants, zombies, read a lot of fantasy books, but fantasy books with a sense of humour. Like Mercy Thompson, or the Hollows. I love trying new crafts, am petrified of trying to knit even though my mom promised to teach me, but I bought a knitting machine instead!

Allergy: my ears get sore and infected from anything but sterling silver. This just started in the past year.

Crafted Wishes:
Anything from my Wist http://www.wists.com/pixieval
Knitted socks
Natural ingredient chaptstick
Cloth Dolls kind of like these
Long Broom skirts like patchwork skirts Thank you gramma!!(aka my mom!!)
Thick skirt, (I live in North Dakota, and I can never find thick skirts, so I have to wear pants all winter, and I maybe a sneakers and tshirt girl, but I prefer skirts!)
TShirt or Hoodie with humourus craft related design like this, or a design from one of my themes. Thank you SammySam!! http://www.jinx.com/women/shirts/geek/yarrrn.htmlcatid=1&cs=19&csd=yarn#bigdesign
Handspun yarn
Upcycled/repurposed made into jewelry
t-shirt yarn[/s] Thank you SammySam!!
crocheted or knitted tea set
a crocheted or knitted hat with a humorous top, like a unicorn horn
name plate for desk
minature paintings(love silhouettes and quirky things)
Big purses and totes Thank you melmakespretty!!

straight pins
Pinking shears
Needlepoint transfers
Heat transfer pen
Stitch markers
craft books/magazines
crochet pattern books/magazines

Your random socks that you can’t find the partner for. My favorite ones are the stretching kind that have cartoons or holidays on them.
Buffy Comics( I so want to read them so I can get more of my Buffy fix)
Chocolates, or other goodies from your town, or homemade.
Thank you, and Happy Birthday to you too!!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009 08:11:34 PM by pixieval » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Finally my love of crafts is understood :-P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2009 12:16:17 PM »

I'm Adriana and I live in Michigan, the state where you have to carry shorts, an umbrella and a winter coat because you never know what the weather will do lol My birthday is October 22nd and I'll be 20 this year. Growing up, I always received the short end of the stick around my birthday, so I promised myself when I got older that I'd treat myself better. I have yet to be able to do that because something always comes up (This year my car engine blew up). So I most definitely hope Crafster can help make my birthday awesome this year. Also, since I know the feeling, I'll try to gift as much as I can :-)

I love butterflies, some floral themes and everything geisha. I love fantasy inspired things such as dragons, unicorns, and faeries as well. My favorite colors are blue, green (all the colors between the two) and also purple. I also like black, silver, and gold when there are contrasting colors included. I don't particularly care for ridiculously bright colors ie. neons, bright yellows, etc.

I'm obsessed with corsets and all things corset-like!

Crafted Items
Something similar to the weekender bag
Jewelry (I really like chokers and resin pendants especially)
Cute and flirty apron
Handmade candles, facial scrubs, soaps, lotions,etc.
I love practically everything homemade (Surprises are welcome!)
Feel free to use my wists for inspiration! (http://wists.com/reavesad)

Soap making supplies: Shea butter, Cocoa butter, beeswax, molds, fragrance oils, light oils, etc.
Corset Making Supplies: Eyelets/ Grommets, boning, etc.
Starter resin kit/supplies: Resin, molds, etc.
Shrinky dink paper
Polmer clay
Any fabric

Crochet hooks
Knitting needles

« Last Edit: October 17, 2009 12:42:25 PM by reavesad » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anyone interested in a personal swap?

Pies para que los quiero, si tengo alas pa' volar?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2009 11:07:50 AM »

Hi my name is Hilary and I'm turning 18 on the 29th! I feel like such a young'un haha. But it's a big birthday and I'm incredibly excited! I have been living in Minnesota for almost 4 years, so I have learned to love the art of layering and am addicted to cute/ quirky warm accessories to mix and match. One thing about me is I have no regards for whether things match or not, I wear whatever patterns together based on my mood Cheesy I guess my style is a thrift store medley- anything unusual, cutesy, bright, or vintage strikes my fancy. I'm always getting into new crafts to fuel my never-ending hunger to make things, but the main thing I do with my time is paint. But I also sew, make jewelry, I'm getting into silk-screening and resin jewelry. I love  any bright color with any other, but my favourites are purple and turquoise. Also, I have obsessions with Frida Kahlo and making lists.

Crafted Wishes:
* Anything inspired by anything on my wist- http://www.wists.com/Pinguina
* I reallly want a scoodie  Smiley Thank you elociNnicole!!!
* Headbands/hairclips with feathers, bows or kitchey items
* Earrings featuring cute animals, or any unique found-object-esque jewelry
* Bight coloured button up or lace up leg warmers as per my wist