A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 296,600
Currently Running With Scissors:
744 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: PROJECT RUNWAY: Season 6 - Episode 7 - Official Craftster Discussion Thread  (Read 3181 times)
Tags for this thread: project_runway_season_6_discussions  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Psycho Sue
Vintage Rock N Roll Vixen

~vintage junky and local rock star~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2009 06:35:06 AM »

I checked out the brand INK clothing..there is a ruffled tank top that is almost identical to the one on the show! LIARS! only difference is the "disco ball" part is tucked in on the INK version. SRSLY the judging is WHACK! INK clothing is not impressive in my book at all. The horrid prints on the sheath dresses for sale now on Macy's site make my skin crawl. EW!

...not wearable by today's woman- my ass, VINTAGE is always in... I felt her designs were more wearable than that horrid shi(r)t dress. Waterworks or not...he should have gone home. Her flaw was that she had two dresses that were similar, she should have gone with pants for one of them or something different. The I(O)NK brand has some ruffles on the stuff they are selling right now.

...freaking unbelievable.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

VintageGeek
Generation N

It's still cool to me, man.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2009 06:42:49 AM »

Incidentally, I found out from watching several episodes of Threadbanger yesterday that I've been coveting Louise's corsets for a couple of years now!  I hadn't made the connection, but her cameo corsets are GORGEOUS and the pinnacle of gothic fashion.  I now feel a tad bit better about her getting booted last week.  I have a funny feeling that the winning designers don't get the creative freedom they're led to believe they'll have.  It would probably be better for Louise to stay an etsy phenom.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cheyenneswthrt07
I cann't quiet the creative monkey in my head!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2009 07:15:45 AM »

My husband and I both work for Macy's and when I was describing the clothing and how they said it wasn't INC worthy he just looked at me oddly and said WTH. 

Vintagegeek, hehe, your post kinda proved my post on marketinig stratagy.  Now that her name is out there and people are putting two and two together, I'm sure she will be doing much better in her stores.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Psycho Sue
Vintage Rock N Roll Vixen

~vintage junky and local rock star~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2009 07:26:25 AM »

I have a funny feeling that the winning designers don't get the creative freedom they're led to believe they'll have.  It would probably be better for Louise to stay an etsy phenom.

I think the corporate fashion MONSTER can choke and kill creativity and individuality in a designer! SO TRUE!

Louise will charge 3x now, and get publicity.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

javarose
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2009 10:23:20 AM »

I was shocked at the critique that Chris and Epperson received.  Not so much that they ended up in the bottom--the two outfits did not go together at all, and that was part of the challenge--but really?  "Not well-made"Huh They looked fairly impeccable.  I loved the bubble tunic and the shirt dress was a fun little number.  Would have worn both, like virtually every other person on this board.

All of the previous comments made about Irina and Nick are %100 true.  What needs to be added is that neither has any taste whatsoever.

As for the obviously superior outfits both in design and quality, Carol Hannah and Co. were the clear winners.  ROBBED.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I don't care, I'm still free; you can't take the sky from me.

http://abarreloflemons.blogspot.com/

http://lookwhatshefound.blogspot.com/
TaintedinaSense

Not all who wander are lost.-JRR Tolkien

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2009 10:20:02 AM »

I am soooooo glad I am not the only one who was angry at the winner this episode! I also thought it was horrible that they said that all of Louise's dresses were made badly. The darker blue dress was wonderfully fitted. Yes, the ruffles were odd but, not that odd to call it horribly sewn!

And, Chris and Epperson didn't deserve that remark either. What was badly sewn on their outfits?!  Craziness. I don't understand why Ink would pick a designer who had RUFFLES on their design and then bash them because they used RUFFLES! Anyone else see that as being just a tad bit contradictory?

This season angers me. But, least they are all more talented than Wendy from season one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Steamed Dumplings
How to Order Chinese Food in Chinese
All About Sushi
Which Sushi to Try for the First Time
Chinese Style Cooking Part 1/2
Latest Blog Articles
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...