A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,487
Currently Running With Scissors:
419 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: bubble tea?  (Read 2887 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SuzukiBeane33
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2005 03:56:10 PM »

yeah, i think they have coffee flavored bubble tea at the place by me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I am invisible, he thinks often.  And Exempt.  Immunity has been granted to me, for I do not lose my cool.  Polarity is selected at will, for I am not ionized and I possess not valence."
-Richard Farina, "Been Down So Long It Looks Like Up to Me"

www.baltimorediy.blogspot.com
Avian Flight
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2005 10:18:59 AM »

Coat them in sugar once they're done cooking.. it's a long and slow process and you have to check often to see if they're done. www.bubbletea.com <<check this out. I was planning to buy some myself but decided to wait till summer. =D BUBBLE TEA ROCKS!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists
eula.wordpress.com - updated frequently! (food and bento)
Elven Stitcher
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2005 03:18:12 AM »

Yeah, they would taste good with any flavour drink really. I've tried them with milk-based drinks (milky tea, milky coffee, chocolate, green grass etc....) and ice-based (iced-te, -coffee, -grass jelly) but also crushed fruits (water melon, mango...) - the list goes on! Best in the summer served cool, but I've seen people have them in hot drinks too.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm in to crafty things like crochet, embroidery, knitting, baking bread, cooking/eating oriental food and gardening. I love trogging around in my wellington boots!
andrenna

sleep a little more if you want to

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2005 10:00:29 AM »

ewww! pearl in hot drinks! i love pearl drinks, but that does not sound appealing at all! haha. my favorite is jasmine green tea. mmm. i've made my own several times, but i get lazy about it-- i just buy them now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DizzerSpinninRound
Proverbs 31: 10-31

Little M is growing in my belly! Due Feb 2013!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2005 06:37:03 AM »

have any of you tried to make your own bubble tea?

any tips?

thanks!
Go to your nearest China Town and buy a bag of tapioca balls. Cook them as the directions say (if there aren't any English directions, then just boil them until soft). Get out a blender and blend up your favorite smoothie. Grab a glass, pour in the tapioca balls, then your smoothie and VOILA! Instant bubble tea...well, not so instant...My boss made some of this once. We did strawberry and used soy milk instead of regular milk and crushed ice and tons of sugar.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rhodora
i like giants

eyes like omens i've been told and

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2005 06:41:04 AM »

haha, when i clicked on this link i was like, whoa, what's bubble tea!?  then i realized it was boba.  i've never heard the term bubble tea, odd.  there are plenty of boba places here though, although i'm not a fan.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Rhodora Handcrafted by Sarah Jones - rhodora.etsy.com
ComputerKids.org! - HTML help, tutorials, advertising, and ideas for your site!
kamenrider
Friend of Bigfoot

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2005 01:40:30 AM »

There's this cool asian grocery about 10 minutes away that sells rainbow colored tapioca pearl and all different colors of those big straws. i was really excited to find that so I bought them and made awesome drinks all week for everyone who came over.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cabanird
Her Majesty...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2005 04:51:45 AM »

cool!

i never seen them in different colors before!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.geocities.com/cabanird<br />Henna Rocks! Smiley
blueskies
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2005 08:59:49 PM »

There's a Bubble Island downtown and they sell all sorts of bubble tea. I actually dont like the little tapioca balls because its weird for me to be drinking something then have a slimy ball in my mouth. But I like drinking the tea and then saving the pearls to shoot out the straws at things or people! They stick to things, so it is an AWESOME spitwad likeness.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Fuck off with your sofa units and serine green stripe patterns, I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let... lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may." -Tyler Durden(Fight Club)
Effylicious
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2005 09:56:28 AM »

I have a question about making the tea fruit flavoured; I'm getting the tapioca but I don't want that much powder that they sell on bubbleteasupply.com, does anyone know where they sell it in smaller amounts? Or even better, does anyone know good ways to flavour it yourself? TIA!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

a moment of silence, please, for those who never had the chance, they show up to a partybut they're never asked to dance, the losers, the liars, the bastards, the theives, the cynicists, the pessimists, and those who don't believe in nothing...
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
St. Louis-Style Pizza?
Make It Easy: Halloween Pumpkin Decorating for the Kids
Eggs & Rice Dish Perfect For Some Home-Style Cooking
How to Make Southern Fried Chicken
How to Make Texas Roadhouse Chili
Latest Blog Articles
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...