is up: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=326017.0
Swap name: Sock &/or Glove Doll Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Smmarrt
Sign-up date range: 10/01/09 - 10/09/09
Date to send item by:11/09/09
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): No
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? No
If so, which country?
Additional Age requirement? No, over 16
Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: NO
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- If yes, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If no, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES
Details of swap: SOCK &/or GLOVE Doll Swap
Some of us love to make dolls out of traditional materials and some are trying to reuse things they may already have. Whether you are an experienced Sock Monkey maker or new to the world of sock/glove doll-making, we'd love to have you join us.
This swap is one doll for one partner. No extras, no fancy-schmancy packaging - just a cute, well-made doll to swap.
Make something you would be proud to own or give to a treasured family member or friend. You can use old socks - but make sure they are clean and not too worn. You can use any material - wool, cotton, polyester - unless you're partner indicates a preference. You can embellish with any other materials but try to keep the store-bought accessories and decorations to a minimum, please.
TIPS: Check out any dollar or discount stores in your neighborhood for cute or novelty socks. Please don't spend lots of money on socks. Thrift stores (Goodwill or Salvation Army) also sell new, remainder socks. There are lots of books about stuffies and sock/glove doll-making. Go to your local library to see what's available. You can also look here on Craftster or Flickr for more ideas.
I will check profiles, per the new Swap Guildelines, so read them before sending a PM to me.
If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap - Sock &/or Glove Doll Swap
Your real name
Mailing address including the country
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that are at least 16 years old or, if not, that you have moderator approval(YES/NO)
I will try to post at least weekly in discussion and gallery thread:
I will PM organizer and partner when I send and receive:
I will post photos as soon as possible when I receive:
Least Favorite Colors:
Any allergens in your house (pets, smoke, hay, whatever)?:
Anything you are allergic to?:
Dolls/themes you like:
Dolls/themes you DO NOT like:
Any other information for your partner?:
IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.