A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,701
Currently Running With Scissors:
627 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ferret shoe bed  (Read 1513 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ollyphant
« on: October 01, 2009 02:20:22 PM »

I am dying to make on of these http://www.smallanimalchannel.com/ferrets/ferret-housing/sew-a-shoe-bed.aspx

Wasted a few hours tonight trying to make one, but I just can't get my head to understand the patternmaking of it. Could anyone give me a few hints on how step 4 to step 5 is done. And I don't understand if the newspaper from step 4 and 5 is in one piece or two, "shoe front" and "shoe back" are which pieces? The ones I came up with after my attempts didn't look much like those in picture 7.

I need this in my life! Help Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Le Mieux
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009 09:44:36 AM »

hello!

i've been eyeing up this pattern for a while now, but everytime I look at it i'm SO CONFUSED!! have you managed to work this out?

my ferrets need a cosy shoe for winter!   Cheesy

EDIT: right, we think we might have it.......

Picture 4: the tall bit is the tongue of the shoe.
Picture 5: is the tongue squished down to the height of the heel.

if you look closely at Pic. 5, there is a definite indent at the 'front' of the shoe (left hand side) where the tall bit has been squashed and sewn/stuck.

I hope that makes sense!! I'll attempt one soon and post it IF it works....otherwise i'll post my failure on here!!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009 09:48:23 AM by Le Mieux - Reason: this we might have it!! » THIS ROCKS   Logged

People should not be afraid of their governments; governments should be afraid of their people

http://www.wists.com/harbles
http://miss-chlo.blogspot.com

UK Swap - sent!
heather1
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009 02:18:16 AM »

i made this shoe bed i show you picture but my duaghter wrap it for christmas for her ferret gizmo the only thing i followed was the foam cutting
1) cut foam to oval size you want
2)cover foam with fleece(i just cut big square)
3)measure around your foam cut a long fleece piece(your making a tube)this should be cut on a fold and the fold becomes the top of your shoe
4)cut piece the best you can to look like the part for the shoe laces
(made it like a tube to just didn't close the front)
5)take your foam covered in a oversized fleece sqaure and place the shoe lace piece and your tube piece sew all layers together( i had to go slow to not over do it on my machine)now trim the big sqaure you just kept it to hold on to turn right side out lace shoe and play with it to get the right shoe shape i post a phot next week
have any question just ask hope this help the other instruction where for me to bounce around for me
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Buttermilk Biscuits
Try The Grass Whopper: Restaurant Offering Bug Filled Burger
How to Make Honey Roasted Peanut Butter
Pancake Lasagna Recipe
KD 101: How to Make Gruyere Grilled Cheese
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...