A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 302,080
Currently Running With Scissors:
636 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Alistar and Bud - a space fish and his prey  (Read 445 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

fatewineroses
« on: October 01, 2009 10:17:22 AM »

This guy was made for a swap on Flickr with my friend spookshowbaby77. We had mutually admired each others foray into the dotee doll, had swapped twice before, and decided to do another swap for a dotee doll.

I originally had the idea to come up with a doll idea that would at least match my last efforts and be something I know Kerry would like. After muddling along with some ideas that were decent, but not awe-worthy...I had a light bulb flash when I was moving around some felt pins I am making for an Etsy shop I hope to open soon.

I figured that while he would be 3-dimensional like the pin, I could make him into what would be the accepted format of the "dotee" doll, which was the original intent of the swap, right?

Well, as I began to work on them, the felt and ideas sort of took over. I truly don't remember when he turned into a fish, (let alone a space fish), instead of a monster; but I'm glad he did!  And I'm sure you recognize Bud, or at least recognize where he's inspired from anyway.  Wink

They are hand-stitched entirely of recycled felt, with Alistar's eyes made from two buttons and Bud's eyes are glued on googly eyes. He is stuffed with polyfill.

I absolutely love his belly. Originally it was just going to be flat but something called to me and I just had to make a ridged belly for him.

To see more pictures of Alistar and Bud, check out my flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/fatewineroses/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist
Uncertain Creativity
seekingstars on etsy
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Jonathan Segura: Discusses His Debut Novel Occupational Hazards
Tony and Angela DiTerlizzi Reveal Their Favorite Words
Peter Walsh Offers Readers Some Words of Wisdom
Peter Walsh Talks About Enough Already
Elizabeth Scott Talks About Living Dead Girl
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Lamp Transformation
Book Review: Handmade for Baby
Tute Tuesday: Warm Those Piggies!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...