A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 304,766
Currently Running With Scissors:
558 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 39
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 44 Cent Swap Rd 3 Gallery  (Read 22915 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

saxonsweetie
Can't talk... craftsturbating...

A Heathen Honey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: October 13, 2009 12:41:05 PM »

I got my package from Sera today, and  it is AWESOME!!

Here are the goods:

Pretty origami paper,  beads, ribbon and yarn scraps, and some shrink plastic!
These are my faves:

Thanks Sera! You did great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

$4.95 Flat Rate Box Swap-I'm stuffing my boxes!

Fall Scarf Swap-Done!

Cat Lovers Swap- Please sign up! It will be tons of fun! Sign ups until Nov 20th. Send outs Jan 15th!!!!!
pookiemccool
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

"Even when we're apart I can feel you next to me. There's a hidden love connecting us like voices on a string. Even when I'm alone I can tell you're with me. There's a hidden love connecting us and I'm holding on..."

I <3 swaps!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #141 on: October 13, 2009 01:39:09 PM »

First, i'm sorry I haven't posted sooner, I was looking for the responses in the original thread, LOL.

OMG, sorry that the glitter spilled calluna!! Maybe I should have wrapped it with plastic wrap also. I will post a pic of what you sent me later.

I don't remember exactly where I got the tiny keys to be honest.. probably in the scrapbooking section at Michaels or Hobby Lobby.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

zcrafter

A long, long time ago.....

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #142 on: October 13, 2009 02:00:57 PM »

Oh boy! I received the envelope from loves2experiment today, and she is a champion stalker. Everything is exactly to my taste. Squee!

First off, the envelope arrived in great shape with no postage due.

She made it from a recycled piece of paper that looks like HP printing instructions. And it fit the contents exactly, so I would say she folded it around them and then glued it together. Just guessing, of course.

And on to the delights I found inside. All together:

Closeups. These beautiful papers:

On on the reverse sides, more cool patterns:

More goodies:

There was a lovely big piece of watercolored paper. Did you paint this, loves2experiment? It's so pretty. And a real pressed leaf, which unfortunately was damaged in shipping. But it will still have a home here, don't worry. I love it!

And, some cute little leafy punched shapes. Green print on one side, cream print on the other.

AND, a fashionable tiny drawstring bag with a leafy design. It even has a gusset, so I had to turn it inside out to see how it was made:

She just turned up the bottom a little bit before sewing it. So easy. It's fun to learn new things in the Craftster classroom, eh?

But wait, there's more!

Textured paper with two friendly walking-away elephants. A piece of yummy blue textured paper. A quotation printed on vellum, "The way to be happy is to make others so." Three little embossed garden theme squares that I adore. And a paper cutout with more inspirational words.

Ahhhh. I feel so good. Relaxed and spoiled. Thank you so much, loves2experiment. It doesn't get any better than this.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Seraphina_de_Sangre
The Daredevil Sky Pirate

Down to a 12 and shedding more lbs. everyday!

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 13, 2009 02:08:31 PM »

I'm glad you liked everything saxonsweetie. Most people never believe me when I say this but those specific charms were made with regular old #6 plastic. The kind that salad bar containers are made out of. I printed the images right onto it. I sent you some real shrink plastic though, the good stuff  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Swaps
Multi-Themed Steampunk Swap

Wist
lovesclutter

Nothing is safe in its native form.

« Reply #144 on: October 13, 2009 02:42:00 PM »

I'm glad you liked everything saxonsweetie. Most people never believe me when I say this but those specific charms were made with regular old #6 plastic. The kind that salad bar containers are made out of. I printed the images right onto it. I sent you some real shrink plastic though, the good stuff  Wink

I have to ask,and I still have the sheet you sent me, but how do you find salad bar containers that are flat enough to run through a printer???

I am loving all of the awesome papers and loves2experiment, that envie is just great. Great way to recycle wasted sheets.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
KLKing
Sewing Mentor

"Craftophrenia"~ Dabbling in Everything!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: October 13, 2009 02:56:56 PM »

Just thought I'd mention this:(and I haven't tried it at home)
At a company I worked for years back, the owner had a huge office style printer. I got"cleaver and decided to try an experiement. I taped a flat silk..to a piece of card stock. not the thin china silk, the next grade up with more body... Shantung... and ran it thru his printer. IT WORKED! I found that it had to be taped real flat, and tight, or it would get jammed up. The ink faded soon, but it lasted long enough to do some artwork, or other embellishments to it.
 Also, I ran that insignia cloth thru my own printer. Here's what happened:
without spraying a sealer, the ink was fuzzy. But once it was sealed, with a clear spray, Dry, of course, it worked great! I was printing stick-on labels with my contact info for my air dancers I make.
BTW: Lc knows what it is, but insignia cloth is a smooth, even weave fabric, with a sticky back. It has a peel-off backing, for sign makers, and commercial applique, like boat sails, etc. I use it on my windsocks to cut out designs.
I have not tried to run any plastic thru my printer. My only concern is the ink would smear???
would you have to spray that too?
K
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Seraphina_de_Sangre
The Daredevil Sky Pirate

Down to a 12 and shedding more lbs. everyday!

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 13, 2009 03:16:50 PM »

I have to ask,and I still have the sheet you sent me, but how do you find salad bar containers that are flat enough to run through a printer???

I am loving all of the awesome papers and loves2experiment, that envie is just great. Great way to recycle wasted sheets.

In good ol' Maryland we luckily have 2 salad bar container sizes. The little ones, and then the gigantic ones. They have flat tops and bottoms and I cut those out, they wind up being about the size of a sheet of paper. #6 plastic is fairly thin, so it'll go through almost all printers.

KLKing- Yes, isn't that amazing. I hate when you get charged a crazy amount for something, like custom printed fabric or the expensive special 'print on fabric' kits but I've seen a lot of homemade printed fabric, especially here on craftster. I haven't given it a try, but I wanted to try my hand at some.

Wouldn't that be an awesome swap! To print out fabric we've designed ourselves to send, OOAK and a good excuse to try it.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Swaps
Multi-Themed Steampunk Swap

Wist
lovesclutter

« Reply #147 on: October 13, 2009 03:24:22 PM »

KLKing- Yes, isn't that amazing. I hate when you get charged a crazy amount for something, like custom printed fabric or the expensive special 'print on fabric' kits but I've seen a lot of homemade printed fabric, especially here on craftster. I haven't given it a try, but I wanted to try my hand at some.

Wouldn't that be an awesome swap! To print out fabric we've designed ourselves to send, OOAK and a good excuse to try it.  Grin

I print on fabric all the time on my laser printer. LOL Just iron on freezer paper for stability.

K, can I run that stuff you sent through my color laser you think?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
lindyv321

That is sooo Craftastic!

« Reply #148 on: October 13, 2009 03:34:11 PM »

off topic: do you think I could run contact paper through my printer? 

On topic:  It's almost the end of my work day and I am so excited to get home and check the mail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lovesclutter

« Reply #149 on: October 13, 2009 03:35:27 PM »

off topic: do you think I could run contact paper through my printer? 

On topic:  It's almost the end of my work day and I am so excited to get home and check the mail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT A FREAKIN AWESOME IDEA. LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 39 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Triple-Whammy Updo
Beauty Tips For Traveling
Is Easy-to-Remove Glitter Makeup a Real Thing?
Alexa Chung Talks About It, Bedhead and Korean Strip Clubs
Beauty Test Lab: Demi Lovato For the New Black Nail Kit in Shattered
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...