A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 296,695
Currently Running With Scissors:
582 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 39
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 44 Cent Swap Rd 3 Gallery  (Read 22009 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Craftsy
« Reply #100 on: October 11, 2009 08:18:59 PM »

I completely missed the question about the leaves. As for how they get like that I have no idea, I bought them like that! Hm I may just have to collect some and experiment.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Smuckers9
artist and a cat.

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 11, 2009 08:25:06 PM »

I found this on making leaf skeletons http://quazen.com/recreation/crafts/how-to-make-skeleton-leaves/
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #102 on: October 11, 2009 08:39:24 PM »

I keep going back to that patchwork owl that prettyinpaisley got.  He is adorable.  I would wist him if I knew how or where to get one.

It's actually funny you mention the owl, because I totally know where he comes from! I'm a huge fan of owls, (perhaps my partner did some stalking), but he matches the gift tag from a gift bag that I received a gift in a while back. I sent my tag as an extra in the bird swap last month. It's Funny how things come full circle.

LOL! I did do a teeny bit of stalking and saw that you were in some bird/owl related swaps. So, when I cut the tag off of my new owl print lunch  bag, I knew I had to send it to you!

And, I didn't make the Bruce Lee patch- I got him in a personal swap with KitKat ages ago. I got 3 different ones, and I kept one for myself...

I am so glad that everything made it safely! I was a bit worried about shifting and jamming. And, I'm sorry you got an envelope back (but I'm glad mine hasn't been returned, yet- hope I get it on Tuesday).

I am, once again, waaaaaay impressed with what folks managed to fit into their envelopes: a rock pendant, a needle felted rat, plastic skeleton, domino pendant! Amazing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
malmow
« Reply #103 on: October 11, 2009 09:19:53 PM »

I am, once again, waaaaaay impressed with what folks managed to fit into their envelopes: a rock pendant, a needle felted rat, plastic skeleton, domino pendant! Amazing!
Don't forget an entire sofa and chair!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
habitat-lady
« Reply #104 on: October 11, 2009 11:39:01 PM »

Here is the awesome contents of my envelope from craftADDchick.  Thank you so much - I love all of it. 

Sheet music ( already have a plan for that!) a hibiscus flower tag, a cool holiday frog with matching paper, a Hell Bank Note, some awesome paper, one with a orange and old stamping.  a little green rubber duck, too cute! That fabulous purple felt pin-up and a pressed leaf that is going on a scrapbook page tomorrow night  Wink 

Here is a better pic of my pin-up.

Here is a better shot of the cute frog and this awesome paper with purple and pink sparkly orbs.

This is some colorful ant paper and some awesome cards.  The two little squares are stickers, the photos just don't do them justice. 

This page is actually the size of a national geographic page.  I have screwed around with trying to get it turned the right way for over 30 minutes in three programs. I'm now tired of trying, so forgive me, but please cock your head to the side and enjoy. 
I love the images on both sides, so I'm going copy both sides onto some aged paper with a color copier. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'll fix dinner right after I _______ this!  You fill in the blank: sew, hammer, glue, tack, press, cut, etch, tie, paint, draw, color, iron, solder, grout, saw, cross stitch, bend, stain, wire, build, weave.

http://www.wists.com/habitat-lady
habitat-lady
« Reply #105 on: October 12, 2009 12:00:51 AM »

1watermonkey - I love that fabric with the scorpion on it. 

Actually, I love so much of everything, Cheesy - Its amazing how much cool goodies and the variety can be packed in an envelope.

And prettyinpaisley - don't sweat the envelope stuff - this will give me time to figure out my tech issues and posting the envelope you send. All things happen for a reason!   I do wish you didn't have to pay postage twice, though.

If any stampers want to exchange stamped paper, (another 44 cent?) we could probably post a library of our stamps, pick the ones we like, stamp each others paper and send.  I'm sure we could work something out to share stamps long distance!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'll fix dinner right after I _______ this!  You fill in the blank: sew, hammer, glue, tack, press, cut, etch, tie, paint, draw, color, iron, solder, grout, saw, cross stitch, bend, stain, wire, build, weave.

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #106 on: October 12, 2009 07:36:41 AM »

Don't forget an entire sofa and chair!

You're right! That is truly the best! I can't wait to see it installed in its house!

And, habitat-lady, I almost couldn't part with that old magazine page. Your idea to photocopy it is a brilliant one (and I wish I'd thought of it!). The frog and cardstock pieces are the last pieces from the set of Christmas cards I made a few years ago. The Betty Page patch is from a personal swap (I kept one of Amelie) and the purple and pink sparkly orbs piece is cut from the front of one of my birthday cards.

And for both you and PrettyInPaisley, the handmade looking paper and the money paper is from a pack of paper I bought in Chinatown while visiting San Francisco a few years ago. I forgot I had it, and the first time I opened it was for this swap- lots of neat stuff in the package! The leaf is from a camping trip in VT back in 1994...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
zcrafter

A long, long time ago.....

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #107 on: October 12, 2009 07:39:54 AM »

That is so cool! I love it when things have a history.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Samantha.Arch
I want to sing another melody, so different from the one I always sing...

Live Love Learn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: October 12, 2009 09:02:05 AM »

So the scanner idea didn't work. Something is apparently wrong with my printer. Maybe it doesn't like Windows 7. Idk. lol But I took some pictures with my cell phone and they didn't turn out too bad!

Here is what the wonderful Varifiresis sent me!!

A Twilight bookmark!!! I <3 Twilight.  Grin
I love the attention to detail in the bookmark. She colored all the red parts with what looks like a sparkly red gel pen. It really makes it pop.

Here's another of the bookmark. Sorry it's a bit blurry.
It's really sturdy too. The writing in the background is a page of the book.  Grin

Next is the cutest little patch! I can't wait to use it.

Some tropical rub on transfers!

And my second favorite is the iron on! It's a very pretty blue color with cute little birds on it. It's really soft too!

Thank you so much Varifiresis! I love everything. Great 1st time swapper right here!!!  Grin Grin

And then I have a question. Is anyone else having issues with Craftster today? Everytime I type the reply box jumps around. It's like scrolling all by it's self so I can't see what I'm typing. It's driving me up the wall!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lStay crafty|
habitat-lady
« Reply #109 on: October 12, 2009 10:00:39 AM »

And, habitat-lady, I almost couldn't part with that old magazine page. Your idea to photocopy it is a brilliant one (and I wish I'd thought of it!). The frog and cardstock pieces are the last pieces from the set of Christmas cards I made a few years ago. The Betty Page patch is from a personal swap (I kept one of Amelie) and the purple and pink sparkly orbs piece is cut from the front of one of my birthday cards.

Ha ha - I have your address - I'll send you some copies!   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 39 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Contour Your Legs
How to Get the Perfect Cat Eye
How to Get Bright Eyes
Make a Customized Lipstick Palette with Pill Cases
How To Get a Natural Flush
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...