A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,487
Currently Running With Scissors:
458 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Wish Swap Round 51 - DONE  (Read 22398 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sunspotted
« on: October 01, 2009 05:08:24 AM »

PLEASE READ WHOLE POST BEFORE JOINING SWAP

Organizers: sunspotted and TwiztidBlood

*IMPORTANT PM INFO*: When sending PMs, please label them as OWS 51 with one of the following tags:
Approval
Package sent
Package received
Question

So when sending the questionnaire, the subject will read OWS 51 Approval. When notifying us about sending and receiving packages, add the corresponding tag. If you just have a general question, label it as that. This will keep things organized for us!
When sending a sent/received PM, please include the 'Send by' date so my craziness will stay at a minimum.

Qualifications to Join

To join this round you must be cleared in all Ongoing Wish list Swaps through Round 48
(except for international delivery).  You also cannot join this swap if you are currently late in Round 49 or 50.
Do not join this swap if you are late in other swaps.  Please make those swaps your priority.

There will no longer be items allowed that are not craft or supply related, if you have questions please let us know

Swap Info

Swap name: Ongoing Wish list Swap 51
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: sunspotted
Craftster members who will take over swap if organizer leaves: TwiztidBlood
Sign-up date range: 10/01 - 10/31 2009
Date to send item by: 2 weeks after wish is granted
Limited to a certain number of people?: NO
Non-U.S. participants allowed? Yes
You must be over 16 years of age.  If you are under 18 (but over 16) be sure that:
A)   you have your parents permission (youll be using their address OR a P.O. Box)
B)   you have access to a computer where you can keep in contact (i.e. if you get grounded from a home computer, you can use the one at the library/friends/etc.)
C)   you are able to walk/get a ride to the post office ON TIME
D)   you have enough supplies or funds to purchase supplies needed to create awesome crafted items

Organizer Notes and Stuff

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants
- Is at least 18 years old

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month
- Has posted at least 15 times
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps
- Does not have any negative feedback
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old
- If yes, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap
- If no, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap

All swappers MUST be pre-approved for this swap!

YOU CANNOT PARTICIPATE UNLESS YOU PM ME AND I ADD YOU TO THE LIST!

***PLEASE! Do not claim someone while waiting for approval!*** You may claim as soon as you get approval confirmation.

Anyone watching this thread who thinks they might be interested in participating at a later time is VERY welcome to PM me answering the swap questions now...then you can participate whenever you want.  Please have a wish list prepared BEFORE you start swapping, it makes things much easier!

If you want to participate, here is the information to send to the organizer.  Please have the title of your PM be the name of the swap.

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: Ongoing Wish Swap Round 51
Craftster username:
Email address:
Your real name:
Your mailing address:
Have you read the Swap Guidelines and understand how this swap works?
Are you willing to send at least a medium item per claim?
( If not then you will not be approved )
A medium item is the following-
A craft or recon etc that takes you two hours to complete.
Or
20$ worth of Store Bought Items ( If bought from a thrift store, estimate at what it would have cost new )
Are you willing to post a photo of the item/s you receive or have the person who sent to you post of the photo for you?
Your List must be created in the following format
Crafts
Craft Supplies
Extras
Do you agree to follow this?
(There will no longer be items allowed that are not craft or supply related, if you have questions please let us know)
Are you a Friend of Craftster?
Have you been a Swap Angel (with proof in profile)?
Are you willing to ship outside of your country?
If you are willing to ship outside your country? (You MUST be willing to ship air postal or an equivalent which will take a maximum of 3 weeks.) Are you willing?

IMPORTANT: Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find other rules about participating in a swap.

Please bookmark this thread and/or post here. All updates will be made here and this will help you to keep up with everything.

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO THE ORGANIZERS VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

How This Swap Works:
Please READ CAREFULLY! This swap works differently than most!

Try to imagine a chain.  The first link is the first person whose wish list is on page 1 (Person A) - that will be the craftster member who was the very last wish list from Ongoing Wish Swap 50.

Now, we want to put another link in the chain.  People will read that list and see if there is something they want to/can make from the list.

Someone (Person B) will claim Person A for some item on their wish list.  They post a reply to the thread that says I claim Person A for [item].  This is my X claim (however many times they have picked someone for example, "this is my fourth wish, with one sent, and three received, (meaning that this is the fourth claim they've made, one is in transit to it's destination, and three of the items have been received by the people they previously claimed).  Also add your location, and any preferences or aversions I live in Wisconsin USA, I am a vegetarian, and I am allergic to wool.

IT'S REALLY IMPORTANT THAT YOU REPLY WITH YOUR STATUS WHEN YOU CLAIM SOMEONE!  This means you need to post who you are claiming and for what, how many claims you have made, including how many in transit and how many received, and your location/preferences/aversions.

Then comes the fun part!  After the introduction, Person B is the last link in the chain, and they post their wish list!!!  YOU CAN HAVE AS MANY ITEMS ON YOUR WISH LIST AS YOU WANT, HOWEVER YOU MUST HAVE A MINIMUM OF SIX.  THE MORE ITEMS YOU LIST, THE BETTER YOUR CHANCES OF BEING CLAIMED QUICKLY.

(Please have your list ready, this swap moves very quickly!  Please include your country at the start of your wish list). Person B will also PM Person A to get her address so they can mail the item when it is finished.  

Along comes Person C, who claims Person B for something on their list and the chain is built, link by link.  (If Person C wanted to make Person B a purse AND a stuffie, that would still count as ONE WISH.)  Then they post their list, and so on.

When you want to make a claim, you can ONLY pick from the very last wish list in the chain.  You can't pick anyone else in the chain - you can only connect to the very end of the chain, which is that last wish list posted.

After you have made your claim, you need to PM that person for their address.

Friends of Craftster are allowed 3 wishes at one time, others are allowed 2 wishes.  If this is your first swap, you are only allowed one wish until your craft is received for this month.  Do not choose over your given limit.
 If you already have one claim that will be sent out late, please don't claim again until that one is sent out.

Become a Friend of Craftster!  Go here: http://www.craftster.org/subscribe.php

If you are at your limit of wishes, you can choose again once one of your partners receives, NOT when you send.

***Do not claim someone unless you can fulfill that wish to a high caliber***

Let's keep the quality high here. I don't want to receive PMs with people concerned over the lack of quality of their items.  Please, just work your hardest to keep the bar high on the quality of items here!  Don't choose just for the sake of choosing; choose to make someone else a really AWESOME wish!

Now if the thread gets in a rut for a few days/hours, the person who made the last wish should add to their list if they can think of anything else, until someone decides to craft for them. Please make sure this is not you!

Unsure of where to find wish ideas?  Try the previous ongoing wish swap galleries or any other gallery on craftster.  Look through your fellow crafters wist lists.

Sending/Communicating/Feedback:
YOU HAVE TWO WEEKS TO GET YOUR ITEM OUT THE DOOR.
IF YOU DO NOT SEND A MEDIUM ITEM YOU WILL BE GETTING NEGATIVE FEEDBACK.
( the medium can be a couple small items etc as long as it adds up to a medium )
( A medium item equals two hours of crafting time or 20$ worth of store bought items )

Please be communicative if you are having any issues. If you communicate you still need to send your item in a timely manner.  Communication does not mean you can send as late as you want.  After one week past the deadline you will have negative feedback.  This is only temporary as it will be changed back once you fulfill your obligation for late item(s).  Do not choose to craft an item if you do not think you can meet these deadlines.

THERE WILL BE FEEDBACK FOR THIS SWAP
I will be giving feedback in the following way:
-  great swapper: for those who follow all the rules
-  good/poor communication:  where applicable
-  sent late/early: where applicable
-  no dc number: failed to comply with the rule about using a delivery confirmation number for packages within your own country
- didn't post pictures: failed to post pictures of what they received without an adequate explanation to their partner
- did not follow item amount rule

Previous Swap Rounds:
If you are confused in any way by how this works, please look at some previous rounds:

PLEASE REMEMBER THAT POSTING PHOTOS IS STILL A REQUIREMENT FOR THIS SWAP.  IF YOU CAN'T TAKE PHOTOS, PLEASE MENTION IT TO THE PERSON WHO CLAIMS YOU.

sunspotted - Will be your organizer, in charge of your claims, your sends, receives and approval.
TwiztidBlood - Will be co-organizer, in charge of the discussion thread.

Round 43 and 44 Discussion
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=290246.0

Round 45, 46 and 47 Discussion
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=299178.0

Round 48, 49 and 50 Discussion
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=311897.0

Round 51 Discussion
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=322955.0

Galleries

Round Forty-Seven Gallery  
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=308488.0

Round Forty-Eight Gallery
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=312376.0

Round Forty-Nine Gallery
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=317498.0

Round Fifty Gallery
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=321062.0

Round Fifty-One Gallery
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=323611.0
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009 01:56:11 PM by sunspotted » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Need something crocheted?  I'll swap amis, afghans, shawls or whatever for a box of yarn.  Smiley
sunspotted
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009 05:09:30 AM »

Approved Swappers

red means temporarily maxed out on claims
strike out means done with feedback left

akredhead (1 Claims, 0 Outstanding, 0 In Transit, 1 Rec'd)
atsuko (3 Claims, 0 Outstanding, 0 In Transit, 3 Rec'd)
Banga
beccas_song (4 Claims, 0 Outstanding, 0 In Transit, 4 Rec'd)
claire313 (4 Claims, 0 Outstanding, 0 In Transit, 4 Rec'd)
Ewulotta (1 Claims, 0 Outstanding, 0 In Transit, 1 Rec'd)
frosty772 (2 Claims, 0 Outstanding, 0 In Transit, 2 Rec'd)
gavagai
Giddiup222 (2 Claims, 0 Outstanding, 0 In Transit, 2 Rec'd)
guacaMolly (1 Claims, 0 Outstanding, 0 In Transit, 1 Rec'd)
lapoli (2 Claims, 0 Outstanding, 0 In Transit, 2 Rec'd)
leighi123 (1 Claims, 0 Outstanding, 0 In Transit, 1 Rec'd)
mcook72677 (4 Claims, 0 Outstanding, 0 In Transit, 4 Rec'd)
mermaidcafe
missmoppet
Mlsocci74
MommyTheMaid (5 Claims, 0 Outstanding, 0 In Transit, 5 Rec'd)
nancy01602 (3 Claims, 0 Outstanding, 0 In Transit, 3 Rec'd)
oneredboot (3 Claims, 0 Outstanding, 0 In Transit, 3 Rec'd)
phoenixfiredesigns (5 Claims, 0 Outstanding, 0 In Transit, 5 Rec'd)
pinkleo (1 Claims, 0 Outstanding, 0 In Transit, 1 Rec'd)
RainbowArt (1 Claims, 0 Outstanding, 0 In Transit, 1 Rec'd)
redstar13
SAHMama
Singalala (1 Claims, 1 Outstanding, 0 In Transit, 0 Rec'd)
skaborsk (3 Claims, 0 Outstanding, 0 In Transit, 3 Rec'd)
sorbetsurprise (1 Claims, 0 Outstanding, 0 In Transit, 1 Rec'd)
sunspotted
tcha345 (2 Claims, 0 Outstanding, 0 In Transit, 2 Rec'd)

Three Claims

akredhead
atsuko
Banga
beccas_song
claire313
Ewulotta
frosty772
lapoli
mcook72677
missmoppet
Mlsocci74
MommyTheMaid
nancy01602
oneredboot
phoenixfiredesigns
pinkleo
redstar13
SAHMama
Singalala
skaborsk
tcha345

Two Claims

gavagai
Giddiup222
guacaMolly
leighi123
mermaidcafe
RainbowArt
sorbetsurprise
sunspotted (there aren't even enough hours in the day to renew my FOC, jeesh!)

One Claim

Angels

puamelia
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009 03:59:14 PM by sunspotted » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Need something crocheted?  I'll swap amis, afghans, shawls or whatever for a box of yarn.  Smiley
sunspotted
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009 05:27:36 AM »

shipped
shipped and received
late with communication
late, no communciation

Due October 15th

skaborsk --> mcook72677 for stenciled tees for her kiddies

Due October 16th

claire313 --> skaborsk for plastic bag dish scrubbies and reusable swiffer pads
MommyTheMaid --> claire313 for a crochet hook roll, untensil roll, and some beads
atsuko --> MommyTheMaidfor a cool Steampunk pendant and some felt food for her kids

Due October 17th

claire313 --> atsuko for a few amigurumis
oneredboot --> claire313 for "handmade by claire" tags
pinkleo --> oneredboot for a baby sweater & lariat necklace
phoenixfiredesigns --> pinkleo for a charm bracelet and a Tree of Life pendant
nancy01602 --> phoenixfiredesigns for a wisty surprise
oneredboot --> nancy01602 for something robot-themed and a crochet-related supply or two

Due October 18th

phoenixfiredesigns --> oneredboot for simple lariat necklace made of natural beads
MommyTheMaid --> phoenixfiredesigns for some wisty goodness
oneredboot --> MommyTheMaid for a wisty surprise
skaborsk -->  oneredboot for a wisty surprise and maybe some supplies
lapoli  --> skaborsk for a bunch of supplies
atsuko -->  lapoli for some gnomey goodness and a wisty surprise
MommyTheMaid -->  atsuko for a bunny hat for Lana and hopefully one for her best friend

Due October 19th

beccas_song --> MommyTheMaid for crocheted poop and watch parts

Due October 20th

tcha345 --> beccas_song for hand puppets
lapoli  -->  tcha345 for a "learn to spin" kit
nancy01602  --> lapoli for a wisty surprise
atsuko  --> nancy01602 for a fun crochet book, some crocheted birdies, and a wisty surprise
beccas_song  --> atsuko for a Green Lantern T, some colorful plastic buttons, and some plastic charms

Due October 21st

nancy01602 --> beccas_song for a wisty surprise

Due October 22nd
skaborsk --> nancy01602 for a wisty surprise and extra/supplies
beccas_song  --> skaborsk for alpaca art and tea

Due October 23rd

phoenixfiredesigns --> beccas_song for Tree of life pendant in silver w/red or brown beads and wire bird's nest pendant or pin
frosty772 --> phoenixfiredesigns for a wisty surprise
akredhead --> frosty772 for bath bombs and some scrapbooking/beading supplies

Due October 24th

Singalala --> akredhead for artwork for her office -- puamelia to angel

Due October 25th

frosty772 --> Singalala for a small bag with a long strap
guacaMolly --> frosty772 for bars of handmade soap, bath salts, lavender sachets and zippers

Due October 26th

mcook72677 --> guacaMolly for headbands

Due October 29th

Giddiup222 --> mcook72677 for a two faced doll and a girly personalized appliqued tote for Paige

Due October 31st

leighi123 --> Giddiup222 for an I-spy bag and corderoy fabric
mcook72677 --> leighi123 for a soapmaking kit

Due November 3rd

phoenixfiredesigns --> mcook72677 for hand carved matryoshka rubber stamp
claire313 --> phoenixfiredesigns for a new shirt to add to her collection and probably a few "extras"
RainbowArt --> claire313 for all kinds of beads and jewelry supplies and possibly a book
MommyTheMaid --> RainbowArt for reusable lunch bags

Due November 4th

tcha345 --> MommyTheMaid for the flapper hat
mcook72677 --> tcha345 for a MYB with an ami pattern

Due November 5th

Giddiup222 --> mcook72677 for a doctor who t shirt and appliqued tote for Paige
phoenixfiredesigns --> Giddiup222  for Tree of life bookmark with green beads for leaves

Due November 7th

sorbetsurprise --> phoenixfiredesigns for a fitted t-shirt with a phoenix on it

Due November 8th

Ewulotta --> sorbetsurprise for a stencilled tshirt and an eye-mask

Due November 11th

claire313 --> Ewulotta for a sewing machine cover and a surprise or two

Due November 12th

beccas_song --> claire313 for a cute vase, some special tea goodies, tea, a picture frame, and some local Abe Lincoln goodness from the heart of IL
MommyTheMaid --> beccas_song for Felt board characters

Due November 13th

mcook72677 --> MommyTheMaid for a black shirt that says Swine Flu Survivor 2009

« Last Edit: December 08, 2009 03:58:32 PM by sunspotted » THIS ROCKS   Logged

sunspotted
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009 05:28:44 AM »

Just in case...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sunspotted
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2009 05:29:44 AM »

mcook72677 is up from the last round ...

Hey there everyone!  My name is Mandy I am a stay at home mother of 2.  I have a wonderfully crazy 2 year old daughter and a super mellow 2 month old baby boy.  We live in Southwest Michigan with their father and 2 cats. 
I LOVE crafts! My primary craft is soapmaking but I also love sewing, knitting, crochet, applique, embroidery, silk screen, stenciling and paper crafts. 
I'm trying to get items together for Christmas so my list will mostly consist of items for other people.  Thank you to anyone who helps me!!

Crafts:

-Orange T-shirt with Black Tractor Silhoette for boyfriend 2-3X

-A Large Zippered Purse made with Amy Butler print fabric for SIL

-A Peace Sign T-shirt like this http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=31112636&ref=sr_gallery_2&&ga_search_query=peace+sign&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=3&order=date_desc&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title for bf's mother in large, long sleeves prefered

-Knitted Fingerless Gloves for my mother, something cabled and in any color   THANKS ONEREDBOOT!!

-A Drawstring Bag(to hold blocks) http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=30426776&ref=sc_2 with this applique for my daughter.  Her name is Gibson and we call her Gibby so this would be perfect!  Thanks SAHMama!

-A Men's T-shirt for bf's step dad(he likes Futurama, Hellboy, Dr.Who,  Watchmen, and pretty much anything sci-fi)

-Blue Cabled Fingerless Gloves for my sister

-Decorated Tees for my daughter in size 3T(anything backyardigans, pandas, hedgehogs, deer, matryoshka, snails, balloons, snakes, spiders, tractors  nothing that says "princess", "spoiled" etc.)

- Green Tree of Life Pendant for my favorite cousin mrs.dutt Thanks atsuko!!

-Decorated Long Sleeved Onesies for my son;size3-6 months (anything with tractors, vegetables(especially asparagus), hedgehogs, snakes, snails, spiders, monsters)

-NEW!Soy Candles with baked good or fruity fragrances

-NEW!Labels to sew into/onto my goods that say "Gib's Goods"

-NEW!Fabric Covered Headbands

-Anything wisty

Supplies
-NEW!Malabrigo Yarn

-NEW!Matryoshka Print Japanese Fabric

-Amy Butler print fabric

-Diamond Glaze

-Matryoshka Rubber Stamps

-Craftzine Issues 1-3

Extras

-Local Chocolates

-Decaf Tea
THIS ROCKS   Logged

skaborsk
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

always procraftinating..............

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2009 07:02:03 AM »

i claim mcook for stenciled tees for her kiddies

1st claim, 0 sent, 0 received

hi. i am nicole. i am currently using up the last year of my twenties. my boyfriend and i just bought our first house, which we are really excited about, and we are in the process of decorating it to suit us.  we have a dog named gnarley, and a snail, walter.

like a lot of you craftsters,  i also have crafting a.d.d..  i'll give anything a shot once. i really like bright/bold colors, and HATE pastels or anything too girly like butterflies and hearts (but i do like anatomical hearts). i love retro prints and styles, especially mod. i am very turned off by synthetic scents, but love natural ones and essential oils (EXCEPT patchouli or sandalwood). i love kitsch and have a very quirky and sometimes inappropriate sense of humor. check out my profile and wist for plenty of ideas!
the stuff in orange i would REALLY love

CRAFTED GOODS:

-anything dia de los muertos related

-alpaca art. i would love a little embroidered or collaged alpaca to hang on my wall. sounds like an odd request, but i work on an alpaca farm and i love those little buggers!

-dish scrubbies made from recycled plastic bags

-a small organizer for coupons (i know, how dorky, right?) i REALLY like this one http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=22300844&ref=sr_gallery_16&&ga_search_query=coupon+organizer&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=19&includes[]

-handmade pottery, mugs or small vases

-a high-waisted skirt, maybe like this one http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=256045.0 or this one http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=282269.0

-knit/crochet booties maybe like the ones on my wist

-i would love a purse like one of these- http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=23088955http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=24719902

-re-usable swiffer pads

-an apron, i really like this stye- http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=sr_gallery_10&listing_id=20058442&ga_search_query=mod+apron&ga_search_type=tag_title

-handmade natural candles or soaps with yummy, non-flowery scents

-weatherproof decorations for my extremely kitschy/eclectic garden

-an ipod nano cozy, this one is cute http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=286372.msg3244360#msg3244360

-a wallet/billfold, mine was recently stolen. i like the kind that has a couple slots for cc's and a big bill pocket. for example, i like these ones- http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=20268720,   http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=26811851&ref=sr_list_19&&ga_search_query=amy+butler+wallet&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=3&order=date_desc&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title

-something to put on the front of my ugly dishwasher, maybe a vinyl decal or something like it. i saw a venus flytrap one that was pretty cool.....

-anything off of or inspired by my wist http://www.wists.com/skaborsk

craft supplies:
-sublime stitching patterns daniel johnston, the black apple, lucha libre, i luv veggies, dia de los muertes, spaced out
-cool stencils
-sugar skull molds
-any cp soap making supplies (except molds, i have those) i havent tried this yet, but really want to.
-empty glass or plastic lotion/bath salt ect. containers (i make body scrubs, and i like to recycle/reuse containers)
-essential oils, i use them like crazy!

extras:
-TEA!!! especially organic, black, green, and chai are my favorites
-dark chocolate
-Vernor's ginger ale!!!! help me out here, you ohio/michigan people! even just one can of it would make me estatic.

THANKS SO MUCH!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

please visit my etsy shop. i love it when people buy my crap!  
http://www.etsy.com/shop/cappywanna
claire313

Make Tea, Not War!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2009 10:44:32 AM »

I am going to claim Skaborsk for: plastic bag dish scrubbies and reusable swiffer pads Cheesy

1st claim this round, 0 sent, 0 pending, 0 received

My name is Claire, I'm 25 and I live in New Jersey. I work at an engineering publishing company... I'm a vegetarian, I do yoga, LOVE animals (especially cats), zombies and skulls, cupcakes, and anything bohemian/indie. My favorite colors are blue, orange, teal and green. No allergies but can't stand the feel of velvet, and chocolate totally grosses me out. i love learning new crafts but recently I've been on a crocheting-sewing-jewelry-ATC kick.

Anything else you would like to know about me, PM away!

BIG wishes BOLD

NEW STUFF ADDED!!!
Crafts:

- Vintagey halloween decorations (wee! its almost halloween!!!) pumpkins, skulls, anything... I am a huge halloween freak.
- Aladdin pants - i bought a pair when i was in Lisbon last summer and can't seem to find them anywhere else! I would LOVE a pair in olive green or black:
http://www.bolinat.com/unique/products/reg/8176.jpg
- T-shirt/tank with a bleached design (examples on my wist!) maybe a bicycle? that would be awesome or even a zombie!
- A large, wide bag/purse for the fall (wider rather than deeper, does that make sense??) in Fall colors like orange, green, and brown
- **big obnoxious wish** BUNNY HOODIE! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=298030.0 I'm sure i'm way too old for this, but whatever, its cute! cotton/jersey would be perfect (i don't like velour) You could even alter an existing hoodie ... i <3 upcycling!
- A vest! made out of jersey material would be awesome ... any color, but i wear a lot of browns, greens, blues, and black
- Embellished/altered shoes! "converse" sneakers or flats size 5.5 - 6 in women's (US) Like these! (i love the color too) http://www.wists.com/claire313/4d55402816403fb67c7e0d1d85b291e1?offset=20
- Embroidered/painted pillow case(s) (maybe a day of the dead skull? or i remember seeing one with an octopus tentacle... so cool!)
- A painted vase for my flowers - doesn't have to be a big one
- Flower pots! I started growing bamboo and aloe and would love little pots/jars to put them in - I'm totally cool with upcycled mugs & bowls big enough to hold plants!
- Decorated picture frames (buttons, collaged, random whimsy, etc!)
- A stuffed bunny with LOOOOONG ears (ami, plush, fabric, anything)
- Bicycle stamp/stencil or anything bicycle related
- Along the same lines: Vespa stamp/stencil http://www.vespa.com/
- Painted cork-board for my new cube (yay new job!) maybe something with trees/birds
- Fabric tags that I can sew into my creations (bags, clothes, etc) that say something like "Handmade by Claire" or even just "Handmade by" and I can write in my name hehe
- I've made dozens for other people but a crochet hook case/roll
- Again, made them for others but never for myself: a sewing machine cover for Penelope (my Singer)
- A jewelry holder - could be a metal stand, picture frame, or a wooden case- anything to help me organize! I would LOVE something for all of my bracelets, especially!
- A set of reusable utensils to bring to work with a roll of some sort for transportation/storage
- Its that time again kids... LEGWARMERS!!! http://www.wists.com/claire313/70a8d8ed4fffd22b6a5bbfc701ea8dc5?offset=60 <--thanks so much, banga! i'd love a pair in cream/brown (banga sent me awesome black ones)
- THIS cape thing: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=285363.0 <3 it! in earthy colors or black, maybe made of jersey material?
- Knitted/crocheted slouchy hat in olive green or burnt orange Cheesy
- Fabric buckets for storage (any size)
- Coasters! in fun colors/patterns
- Art for my blank walls  Cheesy

Supplies: (thanks to everyone who has sent/is sending me supplies! I can always use more ) I am totally down for all-supplies packages, too

- I'd love to try to learn embroidery (the right way, not how i've been doing it haha) so maybe an embroidery starter kit? I like those sublime stitching patterns I've seen... directions would be great, too!
- Jar-o-Whimsy (bc who doesn't love a jar of delightfulness??)
- Metal rings I could use to make belts with (does that make sense? just plain metal rings I can sew into fabric belts..)
- rubber stamps/ink pads (i love nature themes like trees, flowers, animals, or something strange like a zombie haha)
- *big wish* beads - any size, color
- Cool fabric - I just started getting into sewing so my supplies are rather limited (thanks everyone!!)
- Sewing supplies that I don't realize I need (zippers, interfacing, etc) (thanks again everybody!)
- Jewelry making supplies - Jump rings, wire, clasps, etc
- Glass jars to store beads/buttons/random crap in
- Rotary cutter and self-healing mat (can be 2 separate claims)
- Bamboo crochet hooks (any size )

Extras:

- Old post cards or some from your area
- Cool picture frames in cool colors/shapes
- Old maps! Italy, Portugal, any city from around the world
- TEA! Your favorite kinds are welcome
- ANYTHING tea related - charms, images, etc
- Crafting books (I'm mostly into sewing, crochet, and jewelry making at this point..)
- Something unique to your area: candy (except chocolate), postcards, etc
- Your ATCs

Anything you can think of that might relate to the lists above would be super too ... or anything off my wist!! Cheesy

http://www.wists.com/claire313

Thanks to whoever picks me!  Swaps are so fun  Cheesy

** I have gotten so many awesome things in these swaps - I ALWAYS get compliments on your amazing creations...keep up the great work, guys!**
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009 11:06:35 AM by claire313 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

MommyTheMaid
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2009 12:21:34 PM »

I claim the lovely Clarie for a crochet hook roll, untensil roll, and some beads.

1 claim, 0 sent 0 recvd

My name is Lissa and I live in Colorado USA.  I am a stay at home mom to three of the worlds brightest futures who also love to get mail.  There is a ton of info about them and myself in my profile.  We try to be as gentle to the planet as we can be and I hope to have a small garden going next year.  I enjoy all things crafty and creative and secretly (okay, not so secretly) wish that I was a Stepford Wife with my brain still intact.  I love the 50s and love staying home, cooking, baking,  and cleaning on most days.  We do have smoke allergies in my house and they are rather severe so please dont claim me if you smoke.  We really appreciate it.  There is nothing worse than getting a really cool handmade gift in the mail and having to toss it out cause my son and husband cant breathe around it.  
Thank you to whoever claims me!!

Crafted:
*Really Big Wish:  Poppet ~ we would prefer for there not to be parts  in the pants hehe
*Poppet clothes, shoes, and accessories ~ we have 3 girls (without the breasts) and a boy and a lot of the easy peasy dresses.  A backpack or wings would be super cool.
*Cloth Diapers in fun boyish prints ~ we really like pocket diapers that dont need a cover.  He is currently about 22 pounds, but One Sizes are great too. (we have about 30 plain color ones and would love some prints)
*Momma Pads I need long ones
*Cute Boyish Knit Longies like in my wists size 18-24 months
*Key Fob with a fun print
*Felted Cloche for me ~ head size 22 (or something that looks like this) http://wists.com/aa5e3163301fa79e1450e1270bb0558a?q=mommy&offset=40
*Cute Flapper hat : http://wists.com/21c54065f21962606f4fce4e3c832865?q=hat&offset=0
*Denim hat like this one: http://wists.com/9402b0d57129c8380be39decd8b05f9d?q=mommy&offset=20
*Steampunk pendent with all the cool watch parts, any motif is fine but I love the turtle one I have seen on Craftster  (bees are okay but please no creepy bugs.  Creepy bugs have lots of legs lol)
*Jayne Cobb Hat for 1 year old (head size coming after nap time) http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3396/3314856297_d8a800692f.jpg
*Crocheted or Knit Poop (would really love to have a Kawaii face on it) its for hubbys stocking
*This shirt or a shirt like it: Size Women Large or Medium (I need the longer length shirts)
http://wists.com/MommytheMaid/8f6a7254f604e149eabd4ccbf4a9ac50?offset=40
*Belly Dance Hip Scarf with beads and coins so I can be all jingly
*Bento Goodies (or laptop lunch goodies) boxes, sauce containers, separators, egg molds, anything to make cool bentos
*Super Big Ridiculous Wish:  Dread falls ( I like skinny dreads vs. fat ones) or a kit to make my own would be super awesome too!
*Messenger bag with Monkey Print (not too babyish tho, its for my 11 year old)
*Tapey! http://wists.com/MommytheMaid/aa26a6989b4d7b33c7445c9cd42f062c?offset=180
*An arm band to wear my Rio Sansa MP3 player at the gym
*Multi color handspun yarn

Supplies:
*Small labels/Tags for my sewn items that say Mommy the Maid
*PUL (large enough for diaper cuts please) in boyish colors (we have tons of white)
*FOE
*Jalie underwear pattern
*Snap press
*Bias tape maker (does not have to be the expensive machine)
*Old watch parts
*Resin molds, I would love a bangle mold or knitting needle mold, but any are awesome.
*Creepy Cute Crochet Book http://www.amazon.com/Creepy-Cute-Crochet-Zombies-Ninjas/dp/1594742324
*Bamboo Crochet Hooks
*Ottobre Magazine Children Issues (I only have 4 issues so any issue is awesome!)

« Last Edit: October 02, 2009 12:43:15 PM by MommyTheMaid » THIS ROCKS   Logged

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

my brown eyed girl

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2009 07:48:43 PM »

I claim MommyTheMaid for a cool Steampunk pendant and some felt food for her kids!

This is my first claim, 0 sent, 0 received.

Hi! I'm Roxanne and I love craftsters!! I have a great hubby and a daughter Lana who is 5!  She just started Kindergarten!  Yay!!  I'm originially from Hawaii and was brought up watching Kikaida and Kamen Rider V3.   Grin I love to read and eat chocolate.  Craftwise I am an avid beader, feltie and stuffies maker (I love making felt food), and all around dabbler.  I'm in Maryland, USA!!

Things I love: fun things, Japanese things, Totoro, happy colors, mod/retro designs. 

My big wishes are in bold.  Thank you!!   Grin Grin

Crafts:

- knit Totoro mittens!  http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/norwegian-totoro-mittens
Would love it in blue/grey wool for my sister.  She is the one who turned me and Lana into Totoro fans.  Smiley 

- fleece bunny rabbit hat for Lana (Nezbutt has a great tut that I love!)
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=229298.msg2492790#msg2492790

- zippered pouches sewn with Japanese kawaii fabric

- screened tee with Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, WonderWoman symbol size 8-10 kids.  Please use the same colors as seen in the comic book characters.

- sewn dress, skirt, or top size 8 kids

- Embroidered tee size 8 kids: anything fun!

- Handmade cold process soap!  Still need a few more for teacher's presents this Christmas.  Any scents appreciated.

- skull socks. BIG WISH! I would love these...or something just plain, but with the skulls
http://www.craftydiversions.com/patterns/buccaneers%20booty.htm

- hansigurumi octopus amigurumi I also have a few patterns of things that I love and could provide you with.

- crocheted sea critters see http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=161851.msg1757300;topicseen#msg1757300 for examples

- toys/dollies like on my wist. It would be cool to have a dolly with brown hair and eyes like my Lana. http://www.wists.com/atsuko

Craft Supplies:

- bead spinner! 

- stone chip bead for TOLPs

- felt sheets (acrylic or wool is great!)

- roving in bright colors for spinning or needle felting

- an adjustable pen style needle felting tool from Clover (check ebay under clover felting tool).  It's pink!

- fun plastic charms, vintage or mod!

- This wonderful book:

Crobots: http://www.amazon.com/Crobots-20-Amigurumi-Robots-Make/dp/0740778277/ref=pd_sim_b_21

I collect crochet toy books and Japanese felt and beading books and would appreciate any that you'd like to share with me. Used is great!!

- fun vintage bedsheet of Rainbow Brite or Superfriends to make a dress from

- felting book how to make animals

- rubber/clear stamps: Alice in Wonderland would be esp. awesome, robots too, nice large leaves (2.5 inches-3.5 inches), fun birds, swirls

- Diamond glaze

- a bias tape maker

- colorful plastic/lucite sewing buttons

- lucite flower beads that are stackable BIG WISH!

- fabrics on my wist

- Japanese print fabrics!

- Swarovski pearls- small/medium to make TOLP

My wist is here: http://www.wists.com/atsuko

Extras:
- Kindereggs.  Lana loves these!  Smiley

- copies of patterns (simple sewing bags, crochet animals, beading) that you want to share.  Smiley

Thanks in advance for choosing me!!  Follow your passion.  If there is something awesome that is your specialty and it's not on this list PM me with your ideas.  I might just love it!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

claire313

Make Tea, Not War!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2009 06:13:31 AM »

I am going to claim the lovely and talented Atsuko for a few Amigurumis Cheesy
2nd claim this round, 0 sent, 1 pending, 0 received

My name is Claire, I'm 25 and I live in New Jersey. I work at an engineering publishing company... I'm a vegetarian, I do yoga, LOVE animals (especially cats), zombies and skulls, cupcakes, and anything bohemian/indie. My favorite colors are blue, orange, teal and green. No allergies but can't stand the feel of velvet, and chocolate totally grosses me out. i love learning new crafts but recently I've been on a crocheting-sewing-jewelry-ATC kick.

Anything else you would like to know about me, PM away!

BIG wishes BOLD

NEW STUFF ADDED!!!
Crafts:

- Vintagey halloween decorations (wee! its almost halloween!!!) pumpkins, skulls, anything... I am a huge halloween freak.
- Aladdin pants - i bought a pair when i was in Lisbon last summer and can't seem to find them anywhere else! I would LOVE a pair in olive green or black:
http://www.bolinat.com/unique/products/reg/8176.jpg
- T-shirt/tank with a bleached design (examples on my wist!) maybe a bicycle? that would be awesome or even a zombie!
- A large, wide bag/purse for the fall (wider rather than deeper, does that make sense??) in Fall colors like orange, green, and brown
- **big obnoxious wish** BUNNY HOODIE! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=298030.0 I'm sure i'm way too old for this, but whatever, its cute! cotton/jersey would be perfect (i don't like velour) You could even alter an existing hoodie ... i <3 upcycling!
- A vest! made out of jersey material would be awesome ... any color, but i wear a lot of browns, greens, blues, and black
- Embellished/altered shoes! "converse" sneakers or flats size 5.5 - 6 in women's (US) Like these! (i love the color too) http://www.wists.com/claire313/4d55402816403fb67c7e0d1d85b291e1?offset=20
- Embroidered/painted pillow case(s) (maybe a day of the dead skull? or i remember seeing one with an octopus tentacle... so cool!)
- A painted vase for my flowers - doesn't have to be a big one
- Flower pots! I started growing bamboo and aloe and would love little pots/jars to put them in - I'm totally cool with upcycled mugs & bowls big enough to hold plants!
- Decorated picture frames (buttons, collaged, random whimsy, etc!)
- A stuffed bunny with LOOOOONG ears (ami, plush, fabric, anything)
- Bicycle stamp/stencil or anything bicycle related
- Along the same lines: Vespa stamp/stencil http://www.vespa.com/
- Painted cork-board for my new cube (yay new job!) maybe something with trees/birds
- Fabric tags that I can sew into my creations (bags, clothes, etc) that say something like "Handmade by Claire" or even just "Handmade by" and I can write in my name hehe
- I've made dozens for other people but a crochet hook case/roll thanks mommy the maid!
- Again, made them for others but never for myself: a sewing machine cover for Penelope (my Singer)
- A jewelry holder - could be a metal stand, picture frame, or a wooden case- anything to help me organize! I would LOVE something for all of my bracelets, especially!
- A set of reusable utensils to bring to work with a roll of some sort for transportation/storage thanks mommy the maid!
- Its that time again kids... LEGWARMERS!!! http://www.wists.com/claire313/70a8d8ed4fffd22b6a5bbfc701ea8dc5?offset=60 <--thanks so much, banga! i'd love a pair in cream/brown (banga sent me awesome black ones)
- THIS cape thing: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=285363.0 <3 it! in earthy colors or black, maybe made of jersey material?
- Knitted/crocheted slouchy hat in olive green or burnt orang Cheesy
- Fabric buckets for storage (any size)
- Coasters! in fun colors/patterns
- Art for my blank walls 

Supplies: (thanks to everyone who has sent/is sending me supplies! I can always use more ) I am totally down for all-supplies packages, too

- I'd love to try to learn embroidery (the right way, not how i've been doing it haha) so maybe an embroidery starter kit? I like those sublime stitching patterns I've seen... directions would be great, too!
- Metal rings I could use to make belts with (does that make sense? just plain metal rings I can sew into fabric belts..)
- rubber stamps/ink pads (i love nature themes like trees, flowers, animals, or something strange like a zombie haha)
- *big wish* beads - any size, color
- Cool fabric - I just started getting into sewing so my supplies are rather limited (thanks everyone!!)
- Sewing supplies that I don't realize I need (zippers, interfacing, etc) (thanks again everybody!)
- Jewelry making supplies - Jump rings, wire, clasps, etc
- Glass jars to store beads/buttons/random crap in
- Rotary cutter and self-healing mat (can be 2 separate claims)
- Bamboo crochet hooks (any size )

Extras:

- Old post cards or some from your area
- Cool picture frames in cool colors/shapes
- Old maps! Italy, Portugal, any city from around the world
- TEA! Your favorite kinds are welcome
- ANYTHING tea related - charms, images, etc
- Crafting books (I'm mostly into sewing, crochet, and jewelry making at this point..)
- Something unique to your area: candy (except chocolate), postcards, etc
- Your ATCs

Anything you can think of that might relate to the lists above would be super too ... or anything off my wist!!

http://www.wists.com/claire313

Thanks to whoever picks me!  Swaps are so fun   Cheesy

** I have gotten so many awesome things in these swaps - I ALWAYS get compliments on your amazing creations...keep up the great work, guys!**
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009 06:21:14 AM by claire313 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Halloween Specimen Jars
How to Create Paper Pumpkins
How to Make a Trick-or-Treat Bag
How to Make a Sock Skeleton
How to Create a Cat Mask
Latest Blog Articles
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...