A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 299,153
Currently Running With Scissors:
525 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Need Fabric Flower Help!  (Read 905 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

CheetahChiq78
« on: September 30, 2009 08:04:00 PM »

I need some help figuring out how to make these fabric flowers.

It looks like maybe long pieces of fabric are sewn into tubes(?) and then....sewn to form the flower? But how do they look flat and a bit messy? I'm at a complete loss. ANY help is appreciated! Thank you in advance!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let me not pray to be sheltered from dangers but to be fearless in facing them. Let me not beg for the stilling of my pain, but for the heart to conquer it. Let me not look for allies in life's battlefield but to my own strength.
crafty gurll
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009 09:53:55 PM »

Your version is way prettier!   Wink  But what if you used less fabric, only wrapped it around a few times and then ironed it to flatten it?  Maybe that would work...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CheetahChiq78
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009 11:35:12 PM »

Actually, those aren't mine, those are what I'm trying to make.  Roll Eyes

I am just totally clueless and cannot figure out how to do it. I figured some of the sewing experts on here would be a good place to start asking.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let me not pray to be sheltered from dangers but to be fearless in facing them. Let me not beg for the stilling of my pain, but for the heart to conquer it. Let me not look for allies in life's battlefield but to my own strength.
TheDIYninja

I'm the weird mom all the soccer moms look at

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009 04:09:58 AM »

ive never made these but i can tell from looking closely that the ones ont eh headband are not sewn into a tube first. I can see raw edges.
 Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If it comes without cussing.. it's not worth doing... at least thats what I &*^%ing say!

http://thediyninja.blogspot.com
My Twitter
atomic mary
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2009 06:28:48 AM »

i love that headband!  was kind of obsessed a few years ago with making ribbon roses and have a few bookmarked. http://www.blisstree.com/articles/easy-ribbon-roses-114/
this is one, but i find that it's better with a not stiff ribbon or with a smaller width ribbon.
http://www.offray.com/HOWTO.HTML
if you scroll down to flowers, look at traditional ribbon rose. this is the one i think that would work better for what you want. you just keep folding the ribbon back on it self. i tried it with a wide stiff ribbon this morning and it worked fairly well.
i warn you though! it becomes addictive! when i worked in the fabric store there was no ribbon that hadn't been sampled! and then the   other staff started in on it too!
good luck! have fun! don't forget to eat and sleep! Smiley
atomic mary
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Repurposing Cans Into Ribbon Covered Vases
How to Make Recycled Bows
Creating Hanging Votive Candles
How to Make Paper Mache
Tortoise Sweaters Causing a Buzz
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...