A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,052
Currently Running With Scissors:
614 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 112
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Shop the Swap 31**Discussion Thread**  (Read 30387 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pinkanddinky
"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes." Proust

Sociologist with scissors

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: October 11, 2009 02:17:50 PM »

Hi All!

I am on cold two of the season and it is only October! I guess I had it coming since I have been really lucky with colds the past few winters.

Some hazelnut bread sounds heavenly, PW!

I added some new Halloween treat bags to my shop that are really cute. I also made a special deal (32 bags for 3 points...regularly 1 point for Cool in case anyone is having a Halloween party or sending treats to school with their munchkins and needs lots of treat bags. The offer is only good until I sell a set though because then I will only have 24.

So, anyone working on Halloween costumes? I want to dress up this year but don't know if I will have anywhere to go. I don't seem to ever know anyone throwing Halloween parties and I still don't know enough people here to have a decent party. (My sweet husband threw a surprise part for my 30th in August and invited all our friends in DC. There were 8 people in attendance and that included me and DH, my parents who drove up for the party, and a significant other that I had never met! I need some friends!)

BTW, Phizzy, I love your altered puzzle tutorial. I always wondered how you work your magic! I suspect it's still a lot harder than you make it look though. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

freestyle
aka ModernSpin

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #351 on: October 11, 2009 03:05:20 PM »

I'll be your friend P&D!  Wink

Awesome rovings and yarn lapoli! Love!!

Went to the Renaissance Festival yesterday, a wine tasting this afternoon, and am now watching football and finishing up some polymer clay goodies for my shop. Tomorrow is a holiday so I should have time to get them finished! Donuts and truffles anyone? (Disclaimer: Please do not eat the clay no matter how delicious looking.)  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Phizzychick
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #352 on: October 11, 2009 04:03:28 PM »

BTW, Phizzy, I love your altered puzzle tutorial. I always wondered how you work your magic! I suspect it's still a lot harder than you make it look though. Wink

Thank you! Smiley I think it's just a matter of having enough bits collected to work with, and then having the eye and coordination to throw them together. Sometimes I look at things afterwards and wonder how it all came together so well!

Would there be any interest if I made some for my shop? They'd have to be 3 points though Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

loudxmouse
Tutorial Contributor

five-star astro navigatrix

In a sweater poorly knit and an unsuspecting smile

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #353 on: October 11, 2009 04:38:53 PM »

After another crazy work-week I went back to my college stomping grounds to visit friends. Fall without academics is still so strange to me, and I needed to decompress.
I did that by buying some lovely roving from a local fiber place (ferndale fiber) a back issue of vogue knitting from a used bookstore as well as an original hardbound copy of a girl of the limberlost...and just lying on the couch all day with friends, chatting and sleeping. SO GOOD.

now I can get back to my christmas knitting...hahah!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog | sts spring Marketpinterest
Caught hexi-puff fever? PM to personal swap for sock weight yarn.
Would love to personal swap for MYB or spinning stuff too!
oneredboot
« Reply #354 on: October 11, 2009 05:50:47 PM »

omg- girl of the limberlost!  i haven't thought about that one in years.  sigh...

After another crazy work-week I went back to my college stomping grounds to visit friends. Fall without academics is still so strange to me, and I needed to decompress.
I did that by buying some lovely roving from a local fiber place (ferndale fiber) a back issue of vogue knitting from a used bookstore as well as an original hardbound copy of a girl of the limberlost...and just lying on the couch all day with friends, chatting and sleeping. SO GOOD.

now I can get back to my christmas knitting...hahah!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TwiztidBlood
« Reply #355 on: October 11, 2009 07:47:19 PM »

phizzy Ive always wanted to know how you go about making your art. Ive admired you for years and well, guess what Im gonna do tomorrow after going through your tute! ahha

AQ, has anyone said they will crochet the shawl for you?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I just moved to a new loft, please contact me for my new mailing address!
My Wist
racehorse87
« Reply #356 on: October 11, 2009 09:29:39 PM »

For those of you who love to take pictures of your pets, but get that wretched green-eye, I added green-eye removal to my shop.  Cheesy

Here's an example that I did on Eliea's ferret:

THIS ROCKS   Logged
sheepBlue

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #357 on: October 12, 2009 06:14:11 AM »

Whew! I'm back from my visit home and have gotten a rough start off to the first week back! I thought I was supposed to close at work today but my asst manager called me and said "hi! You were supposed to open!"  Roll Eyes I must have an older copy of the schedule or something...oops.

I was planning on throwing a few quick things into my shop before going to work, but no time now. I've opened it at least! Coming this evening when I have time to take pictures and such will be custom hand carved stamps, a few new mixed media paintings, and a few other odds and ends  Grin

Good to be back guys!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Phizzychick
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #358 on: October 12, 2009 08:35:26 AM »

Aw thank you, TwiztidBlood! I'd love to see it if you do make one!

I'm working on some inchies for my shop in a similar colour scheme today, but with some bright splashes of other colours too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mlsocci74
« Reply #359 on: October 12, 2009 09:20:48 AM »

I am thinking....is there any interest in: cutom notecards? holiday cards? 1" buttons/pins? 2.25" buttons/pins? 2.25" mirrors?  Notebooks?  Notepads?  or are there any particular themes?   Ages ago I had clear notecards...any interest in that?  I'm just trying to get some sales here.  LOL  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 112 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Calibrate Your Camera Part 3/3
How to Shoot a Ballerina Session
How to Budget Light techniques
How to Create Simple lighting
How to Create Lighting for a Shoot
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...