A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,380
Currently Running With Scissors:
478 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 112
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Shop the Swap 31**Discussion Thread**  (Read 30083 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

LaughingLark
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2009 09:18:13 AM »

Pseudo_pix, those stars are cool! I grew up in a heavily Danish neighborhood in Racine, WI. I knew a few ladies that originally came over from Denmark and they made stars and also woven heart basket things for their trees. I could never learn how to do the stars. I used to know how to do the heart-basket thingies. This brings back memories.  Smiley

I don't know how many points, but I do know they are hard to learn.

Edited to add: I found the hearts I used to make!
http://haabet.dk/users/julehjerter/making.html

I still need to change my sig... Cheesy
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009 09:20:57 AM by LaughingLark » THIS ROCKS   Logged

freestyle
aka ModernSpin

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2009 09:32:09 AM »

LL I have good friends that live in Racine! Kelly grew up there and her husband Jeff grew up in Milwaukee.  Smiley

atsuko I'd love a turquoise and green birdie to match my craft room!  Smiley  I can't wait for you to see it Sat.- I've made more improvements.  Cheesy

I think I'm going to have to find another resource for learning to increase. The pics in the book just don't make sense to me. The pics of the needles and the written instructions don't seem to match.  Undecided  ZS maybe I should follow your lead and make a few more projects before diving into increases/decreases. It's so frustrating.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pseudo_pix
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

It's okay paper tiger

« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2009 09:41:56 AM »

Pseudo_pix, those stars are cool! I grew up in a heavily Danish neighborhood in Racine, WI. I knew a few ladies that originally came over from Denmark and they made stars and also woven heart basket things for their trees. I could never learn how to do the stars. I used to know how to do the heart-basket thingies. This brings back memories.  Smiley

Hehe. Well. I'm actually doing a ton of those woven heart baskets. But I just have sooo many different designs to make before I can post them Cheesy Luckily they are really cozy to make. They are coming in my shop...hopefully during october Smiley

Do you think 1 point for the three stars would be fair?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Mitten Project is a year of mittens! Each week a new mitten and you get to choose which ones should be knit. In the end three pairs will be given away to you readers.

Facebook page of TMP
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

This Shall Be For Music

« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2009 09:53:12 AM »

Those stars are cool Pseudo!!  LL, my sis used to make those stars too!!  Smiley

Freestyle!  You would pick turquoise and green...I haven't done either of those.  Smiley  I'll start on them tonite!
Yipee!!  We're gonna have an action packed Sat for sure!  I can't wait to see your new craft room!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hi! I'm looking for a spinner to transform my awesome fiber into yarn for me....have some fantastic jewelry and commercially purchased fiber for trade. my etsy
Live aloha
Zelda.Suicide
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2009 10:28:45 AM »

Those stars are really neat (I think 1 pt for 3 stars sounds fair)!  And I recognize the hearts (I remember making them in elementary school, I bet my mom still has them with her Christmas stuff).

*jealous!* I want to see freestyle's craft space in person!  It looks great in pictures!  I need to finally get around to finishing getting mine organized so I can get pictures of it... I just have too much stuff and not enough places to put it all away... the NCers need to come over and go shopping/scavenging in there!

And now I must go dig around my kitchen and make a list of all the food we have, toss anything expired, and then make a grocery list and menu so my grocery trip will be efficient and I won't get home and then not have anything to make for dinner, haha.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

racehorse87
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2009 11:34:11 AM »

I have a question about pricing. I'm offering the service of airbrushing photos in case anyone feels like having a glamorous moment. How many photos do you think are worth one point?

Here's an example:
http://racehorse87.deviantart.com/art/Example-138819293

I'd say it probably takes me about 15-20 minutes to do one photo, more if there are more faces.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
corduroy cat
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2009 11:36:02 AM »

is craftster slow for anyone else today? taking forever to open a page Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pseudo_pix

It's okay paper tiger

« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2009 11:44:30 AM »

Okay. The stars have been put in my shop!

Now gogogo Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Mitten Project is a year of mittens! Each week a new mitten and you get to choose which ones should be knit. In the end three pairs will be given away to you readers.

Facebook page of TMP
LaughingLark
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2009 11:46:35 AM »

Freestyle--small world! I moved away in 1986 and it's changed a lot since then. Haven't been back in a while, but I might get there this Christmas. I'm always delighted when our local grocery here gets Racine kringles, usually at a holiday, because they are expensive once they leave Racine. 

CC-- Yep, it's slow for me, too. But I managed to finally fix my sig.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

freestyle
aka ModernSpin

« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2009 11:51:01 AM »

Freestyle!  You would pick turquoise and green...I haven't done either of those.  Smiley

Hehe- I like to be difficult.  Cheesy

LL- kringle!! I worked with Jeff before he and Kelly moved back, and he would bring us back kringle whenever he went for a visit. All his co-workers were very happy whenever he announced he was going home for a visit. Mmmm...kringle. Now I'm hungry.  Cheesy

CC- craftster is moving like molasses for me. Makes it hard to do quick checks at work when it's soooo sloooow.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 112 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to make a Medium Sized Bowl 2 - Trimming and Using a Giffin Grip
How to use Two Clays for a Marble Effect
Finished Pieces from the Kiln - Follow Up
How to make a Porcelain Vessel with Wire Inlay
How to Decorate with Slips and Carvings - Part 2
Latest Blog Articles
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects
How to Make Summer Treats
July is National Blueberry Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...