A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,720
Currently Running With Scissors:
651 Guests and 39 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Invite Your Partner (IYP 13): The Summer Slamdance!! sign up 7-02 to 7-16  (Read 32542 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

AlwaysInspired

Craft Swap Super Hero

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #430 on: September 20, 2009 08:47:47 AM »

Awww Jenicat you know I understand! I'm just glad you've gotten through it and will take a bit off from swapping to get things straight. Can't wait to see you swapping again.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Retro_Rose

I shoot people for a living. ;o)

« Reply #431 on: September 21, 2009 09:20:38 AM »

After sitting at the post office over the weekend while I was working, I picked up my package from Retro_Rose! 

It is lovely.  She made my daughter two adorable dresses.  I got two very very cute jewelry hangers with pink elephants painted on them, and some delicious smelling bath salts!

And since she's received, I'll say that I sent her a hand-knotted quartz necklace, an aqua and purple fabric bowl, and a water bottle tote made from a vintage Indian silk sari - I bought this last item at my store because I saw it and thought of her.  I don't have pictures of what I sent and her computer is currently on the fritz - unfortunately my computer just died a week or so ago and I'm now using one that doesn't have a SD card slot.  I'm going to try to get photos of her lovely package up in the next day or so. 

As for this swap, I wish I had had more time to get into things and I'd like to apologize not only to my partners, but to superhooker for not being around much.  I had way too much put on my plate towards the end of June, and didn't know these things were going to occur when I signed up for this swap.  I went back to work full time, on top of working from home on a project FOR work, and the deadline for that got unexpectedly pushed up by months.  I wasn't told about it until I had 3 weeks to finish it, so on top of attempting to finish stuff for my best friend's wedding, I was working full-time, crafting for swaps, and forcing myself to do way too much work from home.  These are all silly excuses, but it was incredibly overwhelming for me and they're legitimate in that right. 

Anyway, thank you to Retro_Rose and AlwaysInspired for not killing me and for being understanding even when you had no reason to be.

Stuff gets in the way. It happens. Make sure to keep your stress level in check, it can affect you physically.

I wish I could post pictures of what she sent and what I sent Jenicat (I did take some good pictures outside of each item), but my computer is completely kaputz. I do have a back up hard drive with all photos on it, so I didn't lose a thing. But until I get some new parts, or whatever it takes, I won't be able to post. I'm sorry. Sad I'm just on my parents junker upstairs, which doesn't even have speakers.

From Jenicat I got a beautiful bowl that she made, and it matches my craft room. there's a necklace I want to put on, but I can't figure out how to open it Sad (How do I do that Jeni?), and there's a bag she bought me that I think is supposed to be for wine, but I'm going to use it to take my water bottle to my workout class! Smiley I like that she remembered I have a certain sparkle in my eye for Indian fabric and styles. Smiley

What I made Jenicat was a couple of Jewelry hangers. I saw in her wist she wanted one, but I did mine a whole different style, and a I glued down decorative beads one by one to make the decals on the elephants. I also sewed a ribbon to go around it to hang it.

I made each of her daughters a custom dress (no pattern). Each took me two full crafting days, but the way they came out was well worth it. I'm excited to see action shots of how they fit the girls. I love making kids dresses. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

superhooker
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

like a crack whore, except with yarn

perfectly pleasing...in a dirty sort of way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #432 on: September 26, 2009 05:59:19 PM »

Hey guys, I'm going to need an angel for this swap...is anybody up for that?  PM me if you're interested.  I'm going to post in the angel section on Monday, but I thought I'd ask here first...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step off, I'm doin the hump.
pinkmichk

« Reply #433 on: October 05, 2009 02:01:05 AM »

hello all sorry i havent been about i had no net just thought i would let you know i loved what i got from bexstar but i'm still postman stalking for my package from knit_core
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Am always up for personal swaps -send me a message

pinterest - http://pinterest.com/shellfullerton/
Retro_Rose

I shoot people for a living. ;o)

« Reply #434 on: October 05, 2009 08:00:25 AM »

Looks like my computer is finally working! I'm going to upload my photos to my computer and photobucket today and post what Jenicat made me. I also get to post videos from the Regina Spektor concert to facebook!! yessss! Sorry for the delay.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkmichk

« Reply #435 on: October 14, 2009 04:21:52 AM »

still nothing from knit_core i fear its been swallowed up in a postal black hole Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Am always up for personal swaps -send me a message

pinterest - http://pinterest.com/shellfullerton/
Knit_core

I put the RAGE in beverage.

Too lazy to be evil

« Reply #436 on: October 16, 2009 07:49:24 PM »

I've started planning package version 2.0.  Le sigh.  I think it was karma getting back at me for sending late or taking pictures.   Cry  But it means I have a valid excuse for remaking one of my projects that I wasn't happy with.   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by."  Douglas Adams

Debbies only get respect in the knitting world.  How unfair is that?

Because Poe wrote on both of them.

Anyone up for a Jasper Fforde swap?
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Match Eye Shadow to Eye Color: Green and Hazel Eyes
Greening Your Beauty Routine with Sophie Uliano
How to Fix Allergies From Beauty Products
Beauty Product Reviews January 2014
How Celebrities Get Ready for Award Season
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...