A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 302,368
Currently Running With Scissors:
574 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sophia Loren Stencil w/tutorial  (Read 95307 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial , featured_project  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

yardenxanthe
« Reply #60 on: April 17, 2004 08:03:03 AM »

Maybe you need a sharper x-acto knife?  A new blade?  I don't know what you are cutting on, either, but make sure you are cutting on something like a cutting board or mat so you can press as hard as you need to to get the cut.

But it sounds like you might just need a sharper blade.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pixelpusher
« Reply #61 on: April 17, 2004 09:34:45 AM »

Hm, well the x-acto is brand new...  I can try a different blade tho, this one seems pretty sharp...
I am cutting on a sewing cutting mat- its SLIGHTLY squishy..maybe I should try a piece of wood?

thanks...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

goldigold
« Reply #62 on: April 19, 2004 09:56:44 AM »

Oh this is sooooooooo fabuuuuuuuuu.  I am doing this by this weekend (now to borrow my ex's digital cam).

« Last Edit: April 23, 2004 10:26:50 AM by goldigold » THIS ROCKS   Logged
PeaceNow
« Reply #63 on: April 20, 2004 07:02:30 AM »

By the way, for those of you who don't have photoshop- you can download a trial copy here:
http://www.adobe.com/products/tryadobe/main.jsp

omg! i was wondering how to do this and then you came along!

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA
YA!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Oh you never know
Who will come
And who will stay
So stay..
...Live a long time Today...

-Rusted Root
~:*:~:*:~:*:~:*:~:*:~:*:~:*:~:*:~:*:~
bluegum

Deranged Speed Knitting

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 24, 2004 12:07:51 AM »

ok when i made my jack the shredder t-shirt(i'll get pics up when i can) i found that the white faded(black shirt white wording) so used nail polish and i have to say it works well. It's also easier with the little brush to get it to tiny places.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

if i could be anything i'd be your tear/because i was born in your eye/lived in you cheek/and died on your lip
spacecadet
« Reply #65 on: April 26, 2004 08:56:52 PM »

if you were street punk you would care about the stain in the first place.  I think it's great, and yes transparent accetate would work well.  an added bonus with accetate is most are photocopier friendly (ask your stationary/office supply sales assistant when purchacing) which adds a whole new dimension to manipulating the image before cutting you stencil.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ne cede malis sed contra
Sammeh
« Reply #66 on: April 28, 2004 06:55:55 AM »

I'd just like to say thnak you to everyone on this forum for inspiring me to get off my arse and make myself a Bright Eyes t-shirt, something ihave been meaning to do for a while Grin

This was the result! (sorry for the blackness, the pic is  ripped off my journal)

I'm pretty pleased with it, maybe should have stuck the stencil with the letters on down...the bleed gave a nice effect on the front tho Smiley

I'd also like to add that this forum will be keeping me very busy!!! I have goopd intentions all the time but now i have ways of doing things properly heh   Smiley

<3 Sam
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dotty_gem

I'm a yorkshire lass! ee by eck!

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 02, 2004 03:14:56 PM »

hey just wanted to say all your stencilling looks really cool!!!!!!!!! Grin Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ollin

Write your personal text here

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 05, 2004 03:28:57 PM »

you could also do a nice stencil out of that photo you use for this forum is also cool...

i wanna make one out of Celia Cruz, hope it works, so as soon as i make it i post it

bye bye
« Last Edit: May 08, 2004 06:03:41 PM by Ollin » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Everything you can imagine is real.
                                  "Pablo Picasso"
Hetobeto
« Reply #69 on: May 07, 2004 11:18:25 PM »

I read through this thread and didn't see an answer to lover's question about a free program to turn pics into black and white.  I use Microsoft Word to change my images.  Just open a blank document and under the "insert" menu, there will be an option that says "pictures."  Then insert your image "from file."  The picture toolbar should pop up with your image.  (If not, right click on your image and select "show picture toolbar.")  You should be able to click on the "image control" button (it looks like two rows of boxes) and select "black and white."  Voila!

I like using Word because I can save my images as a document and easily pull them up, without the hassle of saving the picture as a jpeg or gif or whatnot.  Hope this helps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Latte Artist Michael Breach LIVE
Latte Artist Shares Secret To Spicing Up Your Cup Of Joe
George Zimmerman Painting Sells For More Than $100K On EBay
Alec Monopoly Goes From Climbing Walls to Hosting Yacht Parties
Street Artists Madsteez And Rone Hit The Walls At Art Basel 2013
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Veggie Bolognese Sauce
Mountain Views
@Home This Weekend: Fabric Boxes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...