A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,034
Currently Running With Scissors:
607 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sophia Loren Stencil w/tutorial  (Read 91005 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial , featured_project  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

hum

live | love | burn | die

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2004 03:31:45 PM »

Wow...that came out great!

::almost:: makes me think I could do that...

Awesome shirt.

xoxo
cortnee
THIS ROCKS   Logged
yardenxanthe
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2004 07:08:36 PM »

Heads up on the acrylic paint--
All you have to do is soak a paper towel in vinegar, place over the paint, and steam iron until dry. It will set the paint PERMANENTLY. And, if the paint isn't too thick, it won't even crack.

Sorry if this is a dumb question -- but would you iron the paper towel while it's on the stencil?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cherriesrockmysox
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2004 08:17:50 PM »

just wanted to say thanks for posting and doing such a great job.. because it made me finally get off my butt and try this!
i made a shirt for my b/f.. hehe

i got the stencil from here ----> http://pumpkins.goateestyle.com/movies.php

It's far from perfect, But i used a thick paper stencil and a brush.. not a roller..
« Last Edit: March 03, 2004 08:19:04 PM by cherriesrockmysox » THIS ROCKS   Logged
bloatedhag
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2004 07:20:07 PM »

thixle- Thanks for the info about acrylic paint! I've painted on a couple shirts, and wanted to do more but gave up after they chipped in the washing machine.  Thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

indie anna 58
"I am for an art that is political-erotical-mystical, that does something other than sit on its @ss in a museum." Claes Oldenburg

No Beefcake Without Irony

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2004 06:17:18 AM »

Someone on LJ pointed out that it might have been better to leave the hand out of the picture -- she said it's distracting.  I think she's right.  If I use this stencil again, I'll tape over the hand part!

The sophia stencil shirt is gorgeous as i've said before. However, I get what that person is saying about the "hand thing". I really hope you have time to make another one and can tape over the hand, and post a pic. It's such a beautiful job, but I'd love to see it without the hand. (I just don't know how well the "hand" part of the stencil really functions or if it is actually needed.) Otherwise, the sophia stencil is a thing of beauty indeed.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Glitter on the mattress
Glitter on the highway
Glitter on the front porch
Glitter on the hallway
-LoveShack/The B52s
knittinkitten
50's housewife with a tongue piercing

A girl can never have too many scarves...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2004 10:02:55 AM »

Someone on LJ pointed out that it might have been better to leave the hand out of the picture -- she said it's distracting.  I think she's right.  If I use this stencil again, I'll tape over the hand part!

Actually, I like it with the hand.  It might look weird without since she would be leaning tothe left.  But then again, you could always move it so that it wouldn't look like that.  Just my 2 cents
THIS ROCKS   Logged

breeknee
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2004 09:29:17 PM »

As for the acrylic paint thing, you can use textile medium or fabric medium. You can find it with the acrylic paints, or I think in Michaels its near the modge podge. Mix half as much fabric medium as you do paint and you are set.  I know Decoart makes some in a small bottle with a neon green plastic strip on the cap (for easy finding amoung the million bottles on the shelf). It's sold at walmart for around a buck.

Oh...and the heat set directions on the bottle aren't required.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
beadkate
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2004 06:49:49 PM »

This is such a great idea!!! Thanks for the tutorial!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
man you factured

i am not a woman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2004 09:38:25 PM »

thats really nice. i love the tutorial. yeah i have been making stencils for a while. its definitly an obsession, before you know it your making three a day. well great job. hmmm.... maybe ill post my stencils pics. i am really proud of my william s. burroughs, stencil. <3.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

and i am not gwyneth paltrow
meli-melo
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2004 09:58:20 PM »

Thanks for the great tutorial.  I will have to save it so I can try it later, I have always wanted to do stenciling.

And:

thats really nice. i love the tutorial. yeah i have been making stencils for a while. its definitly an obsession, before you know it your making three a day. well great job. hmmm.... maybe ill post my stencils pics. i am really proud of my william s. burroughs, stencil. <3.

I would love to see pictures of your stencils and I am sure that I am not the only one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Cast on
How to Knit a Simple Baby Hat
How to Condition Flowers for Flower Arrangements
How to Knit Fingerless Gloves
How to Knit the Knit Stitch
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...