A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,106
Currently Running With Scissors:
649 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: easy birthday present?!  (Read 1265 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

combatbaby
« on: April 16, 2005 01:20:04 PM »

i want to make something for my friend for her birthday. and i can't think of anything! anyone have any ideas for something really easy (i'm not the craftiest/most creative person ever) and fairly cheap? any ideas are greatly appreciated.

thanks!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2005 01:31:17 PM by combatbaby » THIS ROCKS   Logged
moonshire

if you're going to san francisco...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2005 02:19:07 PM »

find a box.. wooden, carboard, anything really.. and decorate it will a collage of some sort.. thats easy.. just glue stuff on.. magazine clippings, old photos.. whatever....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Would you not like to be?  -DMB
http://seaddlebags.blogspot.com/
super geek
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

"She does it at mealtimes, in the loo..."

KnitWhore

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2005 02:32:55 PM »

If she has an ipod, you could make her one of the easy peasy cases floating around here.  Some just need duct tape. 

If she's into reading, make her an "extreme reader kit".  Put a gift certificate to a book store, a nice bookmark or two, a book thong, a nice little note pad, and a cool pen.  You could do the same thing for music, a gift certificate to her favorite cd store, a cd she's wanted, if you can sew, you could make a cd wallet, or just buy one.  Put the book stuff in the notebook, or the cd stuff in the cd wallet, put it all in a little bag, and ta-da! Insta-gift!
 Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Just  because you've got the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn't mean we all have"

I'm back!  Older, wiser, and better at crafting Smiley.
addie664
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2005 10:07:04 AM »

I made a friend a "Wish Jar" for her 21st birthday. I made 22 wishes (an extra for good luck) with silly sayings like: I wish you all the handbags your desire, things that have to do with her likes/loves. I printed them out on paper and trimmed them out to the size of fortunes (fortune cookies), then placed the fortune between two sheets of vellum slightly bigger so that she can "open" her wishes. I also added confetti stars in each fortune. Put all the fortunes in a small jar with candy or shredded paper. It's a very special and personal gift to a good friend and it's CHEAP!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
combatbaby
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2005 04:17:21 AM »

those are great ideas! thanks very much!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
plumpea

"she just...she wanna act wrong"

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2005 10:29:46 AM »

You should definately try stenciling! I just learned how (from the threads on this site of course!) and was amazed at how easy it was to make something that looks so cool. You could make your friend some undies or a nice t-shirt.  Also, i came across a thread the other day about how to make neat strings of lights using regular xmas lights and glueing fake flowers around each light (by taking out the "stamen" part and slipping the resulting hole over the light. You could probably find it if you did a search...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Scream-a-little
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2005 08:06:45 PM »

hey sugar geek.. i really liked your idea of an extreme reader's kit... maybe it's just blood loss to my brain but what is a book thong? .... (and do you have the instructions?).. i am thinking of doing this kit up for a gf's bday next month.. include some candies & candles & a few other pretties.. you have given me a great jumping off point.. thanks.. Scream-a-little Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"One shoe can change your life"   Cinderella
super geek
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

"She does it at mealtimes, in the loo..."

KnitWhore

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2005 12:06:20 PM »

hey sugar geek.. i really liked your idea of an extreme reader's kit... maybe it's just blood loss to my brain but what is a book thong? .... (and do you have the instructions?).. i am thinking of doing this kit up for a gf's bday next month.. include some candies & candles & a few other pretties.. you have given me a great jumping off point.. thanks.. Scream-a-little Grin

Hey-hey, a book thong is like a long peice of string with pretty beads and crarms on the ends.  They are very expensive in book stores, but very easy to make.  String on some beads, tie a knote so they stay down there, and go to the other end, and string on some more beads.  Tie knotes so the beads are sort of coralled in.  Baiscally, you'll have a string with four knots, two on each end, with beads between the knots.  You can braid a few together to make fringed book thongs, also.  They are very easy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Just  because you've got the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn't mean we all have"

I'm back!  Older, wiser, and better at crafting Smiley.
Scream-a-little
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2005 12:41:52 PM »

oh ok i know exactly what those are.. i made some with charms for my reading group.. of course i put martini glass & shoe & tiara charms since we are known as the book divas.. lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"One shoe can change your life"   Cinderella
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Bra Tips for Petite Women
Pairing Vintage with Designer
How to Make a Floral Headband
How to Style a Denim Shirt
How to Style Mom Jeans
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...