A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 296,695
Currently Running With Scissors:
586 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 36
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Altered Fairy Tales Swap - 2 (Sign ups till 16th October, Send outs 8th January)  (Read 23040 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jungianwanderer
"I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love. "

The super-awesome and amazing Charity

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2009 09:03:59 PM »

Well I just sent in my questionaire. I probably won't get feedback til tomorrow but my partner from my first swap got everything today and I suppose I've been fretting about the deadline on this. I requested the pagan version of The Snow Queen along with feminist versions of a few other stories.
Out of curiousity, are we trying to stick strictly to "fairy" tales in this challenge or is the definition a little loose? I mentioned The Secret Garden in my PM to the organizer but now that I'm thinking about it that's technically not a fairy tale, just a really awesome children's story.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm back after a long hiatus. Not doing any big swaps right now but feel free to message me for small ones and supply exchanges. I have a bunch of fabric that I'd like to swap for different supplies! 

Also, I have a pintrest now Smiley

http://pinterest.com/charityjones89/
Innaura

Here I am, doing science.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #51 on: October 07, 2009 11:01:57 PM »

I did it, I sent in my questionnaire!  Woohoo!

Hey aisy, nice to see you in this swap too!  (She's my partner in the Fairy Godmother swap.)

Edited to add:  jungianwanderer, I love The Secret Garden!  I didn't even think to put it in my questionnaire.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009 11:03:44 PM by Innaura » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My wist, always a work in progress: http://www.wists.com/Innaura
Angelicus
« Reply #52 on: October 08, 2009 09:46:09 AM »

I really want to join this swap: it looks like loads of fun. I'm having a really hard time trying to choose fairy stories/ myths to put in my favourites/least favourites etc. Well, I've got 8 days to choose though - I've just got to remember to put in the questionaire...I would seriously hate myself if I missed this swap.

Nice to see you by the way Dragonflywer - we obviously have very, very similar tastes lol (I keep getting compliments about the bag by the way!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog:thoughtsonbubblesan dstuff.wordpress.co m

Don't frown because someone might be falling in love with your smile.
superhappyfunshine
« Reply #53 on: October 08, 2009 01:26:43 PM »

Just a suggestion... what about like a lesbian version of like Rapunzel or something? Thet would be awesome!

(Speaking of Rapunzel... did anyone read the Lucille Cliffton poem "Briar Rose" It's such a great retelling of the Rapunzel story. I highly recommend it..)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

all is love
Dragonflower
Ecraftic

YAY!

« Reply #54 on: October 08, 2009 02:37:36 PM »

Hmmm, Lucille Clifton looks interesting. I haven't read "Briar Rose", but while searching for it online (no dice), I found this site. Interesting, no?

*grins & waves* Hi, Angelicus! Obviously we do have veeerrry similar interests. Smiley I'm still so glad you like the bag!

I'm working on my questionnaire now- it is hard to narrow down a few stories, isn't it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

In the end, only kindness matters.
aisy
« Reply #55 on: October 08, 2009 03:43:39 PM »

Lol, hi inaura!
And I think a lesbian retelling of rapunzel would b awesome. She could be rescued by a brave,intelligent, and beautiful princess, instead of a prince and start a martriarchy together Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jungianwanderer
"I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love. "

« Reply #56 on: October 08, 2009 04:26:05 PM »

Lesbian Repunzel? I love it. I simply requested a feminist version of it but I would love to see uber!femme Repunzel saved by an adorable!butch princess. *le sigh*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm back after a long hiatus. Not doing any big swaps right now but feel free to message me for small ones and supply exchanges. I have a bunch of fabric that I'd like to swap for different supplies! 

jiasaykea
« Reply #57 on: October 08, 2009 05:18:25 PM »

Just sent my info. I had a hard time deciding what fairy tales to alter, I put any because really, what wouldn't be a good tale to alter? A different slant on something is always refreshing. Rapunzel would be cool as a lesbian tale, I'm currently grooving on the idea of a female Robin Hood.

I haven't read The Snow Queen, but I agree that the Secret Garden is an amazing story.. I think it counts.

I'm rambling aren't I...don't mind the crazy lady.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We are pretty, we are smart, we've got crafting in the heart.

http://www.wists.com/jiasaykea
jungianwanderer

« Reply #58 on: October 08, 2009 05:52:24 PM »

I could think of a million stories I loved as a child and still do but only a few I wanna see changed. Many of my favorites (The Polar Bear King, Wind in the Willows, The Phantom Tollbooth) I can't think of any improvements for.

I'd be really interested to see if anyone else would change parts of them. I think that's what I'm most excited about is seeing what everyone else in this swap takes issue with in their stories.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sin esperanza
« Reply #59 on: October 08, 2009 07:50:14 PM »

Lol, hi inaura!
And I think a lesbian retelling of rapunzel would b awesome. She could be rescued by a brave,intelligent, and beautiful princess, instead of a prince and start a martriarchy together Smiley

what she said!

I'm really excited about this and looking forward to partnering up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I hate handing over money for what I could just as easily do myself, it makes me nervous.  ~Sylvia Plath

My STS 33

Altered Fairy Tales Swap
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 36 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Citrus Sorbet
Tiramisu Cake from the "Cake Boss"
Double Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe
Best Chocolate Peanut-Butter No Bake Cookies Recipe
How to Make Lemon Vodka Cupcakes
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...