A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 302,017
Currently Running With Scissors:
573 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 36
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Altered Fairy Tales Swap - 2 (Sign ups till 16th October, Send outs 8th January)  (Read 28328 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jungianwanderer
"I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love. "

The super-awesome and amazing Charity

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2009 09:03:59 PM »

Well I just sent in my questionaire. I probably won't get feedback til tomorrow but my partner from my first swap got everything today and I suppose I've been fretting about the deadline on this. I requested the pagan version of The Snow Queen along with feminist versions of a few other stories.
Out of curiousity, are we trying to stick strictly to "fairy" tales in this challenge or is the definition a little loose? I mentioned The Secret Garden in my PM to the organizer but now that I'm thinking about it that's technically not a fairy tale, just a really awesome children's story.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm back after a long hiatus. Not doing any big swaps right now but feel free to message me for small ones and supply exchanges. I have a bunch of fabric that I'd like to swap for different supplies! 

Also, I have a pintrest now Smiley

http://pinterest.com/charityjones89/
Innaura

Here I am, doing science.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #51 on: October 07, 2009 11:01:57 PM »

I did it, I sent in my questionnaire!  Woohoo!

Hey aisy, nice to see you in this swap too!  (She's my partner in the Fairy Godmother swap.)

Edited to add:  jungianwanderer, I love The Secret Garden!  I didn't even think to put it in my questionnaire.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009 11:03:44 PM by Innaura » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My wist, always a work in progress: http://www.wists.com/Innaura
Angelicus
« Reply #52 on: October 08, 2009 09:46:09 AM »

I really want to join this swap: it looks like loads of fun. I'm having a really hard time trying to choose fairy stories/ myths to put in my favourites/least favourites etc. Well, I've got 8 days to choose though - I've just got to remember to put in the questionaire...I would seriously hate myself if I missed this swap.

Nice to see you by the way Dragonflywer - we obviously have very, very similar tastes lol (I keep getting compliments about the bag by the way!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog:thoughtsonbubblesandstuff.wordpress.com

Don't frown because someone might be falling in love with your smile.
superhappyfunshine
« Reply #53 on: October 08, 2009 01:26:43 PM »

Just a suggestion... what about like a lesbian version of like Rapunzel or something? Thet would be awesome!

(Speaking of Rapunzel... did anyone read the Lucille Cliffton poem "Briar Rose" It's such a great retelling of the Rapunzel story. I highly recommend it..)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

all is love
Dragonflower
Ecraftic

YAY!

« Reply #54 on: October 08, 2009 02:37:36 PM »

Hmmm, Lucille Clifton looks interesting. I haven't read "Briar Rose", but while searching for it online (no dice), I found this site. Interesting, no?

*grins & waves* Hi, Angelicus! Obviously we do have veeerrry similar interests. Smiley I'm still so glad you like the bag!

I'm working on my questionnaire now- it is hard to narrow down a few stories, isn't it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

In the end, only kindness matters.
aisy
« Reply #55 on: October 08, 2009 03:43:39 PM »

Lol, hi inaura!
And I think a lesbian retelling of rapunzel would b awesome. She could be rescued by a brave,intelligent, and beautiful princess, instead of a prince and start a martriarchy together Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jungianwanderer
"I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love. "

« Reply #56 on: October 08, 2009 04:26:05 PM »

Lesbian Repunzel? I love it. I simply requested a feminist version of it but I would love to see uber!femme Repunzel saved by an adorable!butch princess. *le sigh*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm back after a long hiatus. Not doing any big swaps right now but feel free to message me for small ones and supply exchanges. I have a bunch of fabric that I'd like to swap for different supplies! 

jiasaykea
« Reply #57 on: October 08, 2009 05:18:25 PM »

Just sent my info. I had a hard time deciding what fairy tales to alter, I put any because really, what wouldn't be a good tale to alter? A different slant on something is always refreshing. Rapunzel would be cool as a lesbian tale, I'm currently grooving on the idea of a female Robin Hood.

I haven't read The Snow Queen, but I agree that the Secret Garden is an amazing story.. I think it counts.

I'm rambling aren't I...don't mind the crazy lady.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We are pretty, we are smart, we've got crafting in the heart.

http://www.wists.com/jiasaykea
jungianwanderer

« Reply #58 on: October 08, 2009 05:52:24 PM »

I could think of a million stories I loved as a child and still do but only a few I wanna see changed. Many of my favorites (The Polar Bear King, Wind in the Willows, The Phantom Tollbooth) I can't think of any improvements for.

I'd be really interested to see if anyone else would change parts of them. I think that's what I'm most excited about is seeing what everyone else in this swap takes issue with in their stories.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sin esperanza
« Reply #59 on: October 08, 2009 07:50:14 PM »

Lol, hi inaura!
And I think a lesbian retelling of rapunzel would b awesome. She could be rescued by a brave,intelligent, and beautiful princess, instead of a prince and start a martriarchy together Smiley

what she said!

I'm really excited about this and looking forward to partnering up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I hate handing over money for what I could just as easily do myself, it makes me nervous.  ~Sylvia Plath

My STS 33

Altered Fairy Tales Swap
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 36 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Wear Vintage Designer Finds
Style Inspired by Olivia Palermo
Style Inspired by Gwyneth Platrow
Maura Lynch Shows off Her Perfect Outfit
How To Layer for Fall
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Patriotic Planter
Summertime Sweetness: Fruit Salsa & Cinnamon Chips
Fire Up the Grill: Jerk Steak

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...