A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,544
Currently Running With Scissors:
661 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ideas for a set of two paintings?  (Read 770 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

staciey
« on: January 10, 2010 10:59:26 PM »

Hello! So, my boyfriend and I want to start a project together. We live far apart, so what we want to do is, each take a canvas (that are the same size) and paint something on it. I'll take the one he makes home and he'll take mine. But we want them to look good together so that when we move in with each other in a few months the pictures can hang together! So what could we paint? I was kind of thinking it would be cute if we cut something in half and each painted a half, like the front and back of an elephant or something. Or, maybe he paints a jar of peanut butter and I paint a jar of jam. What ideas do you guys have?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

N30Nb100d
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010 02:58:05 PM »

Instead of an object you could also decide on a theme and a color scheme. For example, pain an animal using yellow, red, and orange. Or you could each paint something you think represents yourself. Each pain your favorite animal, or music genre, food, etc. Whatever it is you like, then when you trade you'll have a visual representation of the other person.
I suggest sticking to a color scheme (even only warm colors or only cool colors) no matter what you choose though since then you know they'll go together even if you paint two totally different things in different styles.
I also like the idea of doing two things that go together, like the peanut butter/jam idea, but might pick something less obvious that means something to you. For example, a coffee cup and container of cream if you both like coffee.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
staciey
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010 11:08:26 PM »

Wow thank you for the suggestions! Those are very helpful, I think choosing a color scheme is a really good idea.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
War On Christmas PSA
Cirque Du Soleil Show Dralion Performers
Art Showcase: Messerschmitt ME 109 G
Building a German U-Boat
Art Showcase: Spitfire Mk IX
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...