A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,456
Currently Running With Scissors:
667 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fill a Box Canadian Style Round 3 Gallery!!  (Read 5723 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Slingmomma
Crafty Esthetician!

Accessory hoarder.... scarves beware!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: September 23, 2009 02:34:56 PM »

Image From: www.freefoto.com

Alrighty we have some senders and receivers... Post your supply and crafty goodies when you get 'em!!

Sent
Received
Sent & Received
Feedback given
Sending late with Communication
Contact Organizer

PARTNERS:
Autumnkisses~ItchyFingers
Melissaures~h0p31355
Kirstilynne~Irish_chicky
Sloth003~Ladycatns
Sunspotted~pinkrocks
Sunspotted~shdwstrm

3-way swaps
Psyche~MacNatalie~Bergman~Psyche
onyxnox~Slingmomma~AbbyRose~Onyxnox

Link to Swap thread: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=317477.0
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009 11:24:50 AM by Slingmomma » THIS ROCKS   Logged

A Spinners Magic Yarn ball! Join us!
Fat Quarter swap-almost done craft for sloth003 Cheesy
IYP 17-deadbathducky waiting still to receive!
Sew/Yarn v's Paper-got my partners!
Slingmomma
Crafty Esthetician!

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009 07:38:47 PM »

So here you have it! I'm the lucky first one to receive! I came home today and my boyfriend had these hidden under my pillow to keep them away from my son!

2 Super full envelopes! The one was really heavy and we were trying to figure out what was in it!

This is all the goodies in package 1!! 4 awesome stencilled t-shirts, homemade playdough for my son, 2 little pouches filled with goodies, a really cool windchime, a bag of beads and things, an awesome knitted purse and a nice bag of chocolate. There were also these decorations for my Christmas tree but my son had already taken them somewhere before the group shot:

Here are some closeups of the shirts, clickable links so that I don't fill up with too many pics!

The one for my son says "Dirt Happens", my bf shirt has an Oilers logo on it, and my one has crayons on one side and a cute quote on the back, then the other one has really cute frogs! Both of which will fit perfectly and my boyfriend is wearing his right now! My sons will be a Christmas present!

The beautiful knitted a(felted) bag! I love it, it's so soft!

Closeups of the windchime, beads, the awesome butterfly bead, the really cool shrink crayons that even say crayola!

One of my faves! The beautiful tile necklace and crayon earrings!

The cool tape measure keychain complete with crayon charms! Already on my keys!

And envelope 2 had this!

Stickers, colouring book, a crochet pattern book, a beautiful scarf, some more little pouches with goodies, some crochet hooks, a needle felting kit,some tea and candy and coasters!

The stickers, colouring book, hooks and awesome coasters!

My beautiful new scarf, and a crochet scarf pattern book! Looks like everyone will be getting a scarf for Christmas!!

The one pouch had some cute frog charms, frog magnets, and some stitch markers, pouch two had a cute frog figure and some little froggies, then theres the pretty wool and needles for felting and lastly the tea and candy! I actually got tea in the last round of this swap too, so its exciting to try out the other flavours!

So there you have it! Proof you can stuff these suckers full! Thank you again Onyxnox so much, we really love everylast piece of it so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Onyxnox
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009 08:09:26 PM »

Wow, I never laid everything out and really took stock of it before packing the envelopes.  Crazy!  I am pretty impressed that those envelopes stuffed so well, AND I did not even need to triple tape it or anything! 

I wish I knew to make play dough when my neices and nephews were young enough for it - it was actually very therapeutic kneading it.  I kept thinking the red was not red enough and kept adding colouring to it.  It took about 3 days before the colouring came out of my hands - but my nail tips are still red!  I hope the scent came through.  I used flavouring extracts so they would be safer for your son, but I also did not want to make them slimy by adding too much.  I absolutely loved those stickers - reminds me of my childhood when we all had a huge love of puffy stickers!

And I can do a  happy dance knowing that I will not get cyber noogies!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my blog~ - DON'T READ IF YOU ARE IN A SWAP WITH ME AND DON'T WANT A SPOILER!!!!  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
~my pinterest~
AbbyRose
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009 09:53:19 PM »

Wow Smiley Great package(s) I hope you are just as impressed with what I sent as slingmomma is of yours!

Isn't that frog tee the cutest??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Adorable handmade childrens hoodies in stock now!
Wistful Thinking.
I love to DYE Smiley
Handmade cloth diapers, booties, bags and more! www.abbyrosecreations.ca
Onyxnox

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2009 10:10:40 PM »

Wow Smiley Great package(s) I hope you are just as impressed with what I sent as slingmomma is of yours!

Isn't that frog tee the cutest??

I'm sure I will be!  I will, however, DIE if it gets here after I leave for the cottage - how can I enjoy my vacation knowing there is a bag of goodies waiting for me at home?  It will be perfect timing too, since my birthday is next Tuesday too Cheesy

I'll be, oh let's say, 21, again!

I'll post a pic sometime tomorrow, but I did a hello kitty stencilled tote the other day that I am just loving, because it uses the same blue sparkly paint as the frogs, and I did her dress and bow in a pretty sparkly violet.  Also, she's got a bit of Kill Bill vibe to her too.  Badass Hello Kitty.  I don't think I want to give her away Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my blog~ - DON'T READ IF YOU ARE IN A SWAP WITH ME AND DON'T WANT A SPOILER!!!!  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
~my pinterest~
Onyxnox

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2009 10:16:11 AM »

I DID get my package this morning!  Found it by the door just after getting home from walking the dogs.  Thank you so much AbbyRose, I love everything in it.  You're sewing skills have me in awe - I LOVE the fabrics you chose too, they are perfect!

This will be a pic heavy and long post!  I will use some thumbnails to help keep it a bit shorter.  I must say that I did not think much of the envelopes when I first bought them, but you really really really can stuff them full!  I was told that the recommended weight was 500gm, and I know that I went way above that, and the thing did not burst.  AbbyRose had this one pretty well stuffed too!

Here is the whole shebang:

I was super intrigued by the little gift bags - very cute tassled closures and AWESOME Asian fabric.  Love them!

Each of them was stuffed full of something too - that had me so excited:

The first bag had a kit and instructions for making Scrabble tile pendents - AWESOME!!!!  I think AbbyRose was in my head because I was thinking I would like to make some of these, but hating the thought of sacrificing my Scrabble game for it (Scrabble - one of the BEST board games EVER).

The second had the cutest collection of beads and buttons - loved the little buttons.  Perfect for decorating baby sweaters I have been making for my pregnant coworkers.  I love those little glass vials that some of the beads came in too!

The third bag had these gorgeous metal charms in them, and beautiful amber glass leaves and these great wooden beads!

This alone would have made a fantastic package for me!  BUT WAIT!  There is MORE!

She sewed me this fantastic little tote.  I love the black with the graffiti style flowers!  It is so thick and sturdy.  She also made a cute little pocket in the front too, which I put a tube of beads and the scissors in so it could be seen.  I love how she made the side folds too, so it can be folded nice and flat, but can expand when in use. 

She also sent me this adorable gardening/crafting apron.  I love the green floral fabric.  She added ribbon loops across the top that match the blue in the fabric, that I could tuck tools into.  As I was looking at it, and imagining myself harvesting tomatos in it, I saw the little snaps at the corners - BRILLIANT IDEA!!!!!

She also sent me several rolls of lovely ribbon

Some baking goodies - I *do* love to bake!  So much cheaper than therapy, and with much nicer end results!

A package of paints, brushes, sponges, and stencil adhesive that I can use in my glass etching, and my new found love of stencilling - thank you, those pouncing sponges are great and I *always* forget to pick them up when I am at the craft store!

AND MY FAVOURITE ITEM (I LOVE the others, but this seriously wins HANDS DOWN)................  AN UNBELIEVABLY GORGEOUS NEEDLE/HOOK ROLL!!!!!

Isn't that fabric gorgeous???  I love the colour and design of it so much!

As if that wasn't gorgeous enough as it was - Look at what AbbyRose appliqued to the outside of it  (squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!)

A NURSE KEROPI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bet Slingmomma is going to be jealous of that!

I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS PACKAGE.  You are an AWESOME swap partner, AbbyRose.  This is so far, my favourite swap, thanks to you and Slingmomma!!!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my pinterest~
Slingmomma
Crafty Esthetician!

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2009 01:35:36 PM »

Ooooh pretty package! I love it all! Now I really need to get my butt moving so that AbbyRose can get her goodies too! I washed all the fabric I am sending last night, so just a few crafted things to do tonight then it will be ready to send!

Oh and I had a sneak peek at the knitting roll earlier..... I am definitly jealous! Totally awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AbbyRose
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2009 03:09:20 PM »

I'm so glad your package got there before your vacation Smiley I hope you put everything to good use and that you take care of little nurse keropi, or, will he take care of you?? Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Adorable handmade childrens hoodies in stock now!
Wistful Thinking.
I love to DYE Smiley
Handmade cloth diapers, booties, bags and more! www.abbyrosecreations.ca
bergman
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2009 06:02:41 AM »

YAH !! I have recieved. I want to make a disclaimer I have lost my camera so these pictures are taken with my webcam. so they aren't the greatest. I have a feeling that my camera is at my parents house but they live 3 hours away so you can see my funstration haha. o.k. on to the loot. I just also wanted to mention that my partner dropped off the package at noon yesturday and I recieved this morning at 8:15.

o.k. crafted items:
4 dishcloths
two paintings
notecards x4
and very deliscous sounding reciepes with cards.

non-crafted items:
material in my fav pattern
ribbon x3 in my fav colours
yarn red and brown
knitting needles
paper in some really great colours and patterns
t-shirt and hankies  (I already have a plan for the hankies)
a small tin (she didn't know this but I am obsessed with decrative tins and boxes bonus for her !)
tags
o.k. here are the pictures

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Onyxnox

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2009 06:52:40 AM »

You did a pretty good job with the webcam  - I hope you get your camera back soon!  I love those fabric patterns, and notecard designs!  Great package!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my pinterest~
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Fix a Fake-Looking Self-Tan
Marc Jacobs Launches His Beauty Range ‘Marc Jacobs Beauty’ in Paris.
2014 Fashion Week Beauty: The Natural Look Returns
Mila Kunis Makeup Tutorial
How to Open a Stuck Bottle of Nail Polish
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...