A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,144
Currently Running With Scissors:
374 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Art Project! swap idea... oopsers  (Read 485 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

LiquidScissors
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Who would of known

Hank's a bomb. Long story.

View Profile
« on: April 13, 2005 09:56:59 PM »

Okay so yeah i POSTED this in the wrong board, and I guess i cant deleate it... so.. now its posted twice.  So deleate if needed!!! sorrrryyyyY!!!!

I have an idea for a semi-inexpensive swap, of the paper sorts.  I think it would be really neat.  I got this idea from an art project I did back in the 10th grade, and it was super fun.  What we would do is limit the number of swappers to a small suitable number, and decide on a fairly simple picture... like of say a <a href="sewing%20machine" onmouseover="window.status='sewing machine'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">sewing machine</a> or what not. 

We then grid it into sections, based on how many people are in the swap.  So if like there is 10 people in the swap, then the picture will be divided into 10 boxes, or grids or whatever. 

Then we each decide a size, and I think it would be best on some watercolor paper, which is durable and thick enough for whatever medium you decided.  Everyone will paint, sketch, or do anything 2-D, in any kind of medium (watercolor, acyrilic, pencil, marker, crayons, etcetc) Then would cut up the peices into 10s, and mail them out in a systematic way that I will have to come up with, so that everyone ends up with a different peice to puzzle together to create a one of a kind peice of art, which you can frame or hang as is, or whatever your crafty heart desires.

I can elaborate more on this, but I think this gets the jist of it across.  Has anyone else ever done this kind of art project that can back me up on what I am talking about and how incredibly awesome it is?  =) =)

It should be relativley cheap if we keep it to a small group of peeps.  Let me know what you guys think.  I think it would be terribley fun.  =D

-Liquid
« Last Edit: April 13, 2005 10:17:15 PM by LiquidScissors » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Is it because you killed a whole bunch of ninjas while it was playing? So now it reminds you of ninjas?"
TabaRhodes
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2005 09:50:31 AM »

i dont know if you've posted this thread somewhere else already or not. but i would be up for this, i did a project like this in an art group that i'm in. this one would be much better b/c in that one all of our art went together into 1 piece and then we auctioned it off, so i didn't get any cool art out of that.
anyhow, if you post this somewhere else let me know so i can keep up with it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
paradisecrane
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2005 04:03:30 PM »

I love this idea!  It is way neat!  I'd be in!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anyone want to swap ATCs?
Visit my shop!
http://applearabesque.etsy.com/
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
What Draws a Creative to Practical Problem Solving
How to Create an Interactive Design Experiences
What Role Does Objectivity Play in Experience Design
Enjoying The Challenges of Working in Design Research
How Research Experience Informs Design Career
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...