A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,571
Currently Running With Scissors:
676 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Projects from "Simple Knits for Cherished Babies"  (Read 2196 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kelliz
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2005 08:48:23 PM »

I fell in love with this book and had to have it, even before I ever got pregnant.  So, I made the wrap sweater in lavender just to make it, it is so cute!  Then I ended up getting pregnant.....with a boy!  So, my lavender sweater is just to look at!  I did make him a sweater from this book though and it turned out really wide and short.  It was my 1st sweater ever so that's OK. 

I'm glad I found this thread.  I'm going to get that book out again and make something else for my handsome little man. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Loo
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2005 07:27:52 AM »

Beautiful mabel dress, btw! I SO want to make that in the largest size so it would fit my bb next spring, but the pattern intimidates me. How was it?

Thanks! I thought the mabel dress was fairly simple - the directions are really clear. I learned to knit in Sept, so I'd been knitting for about 7 mos when I made it. I'm actually making the largest size now as my mother's friend asked that I make it for her granddaughter. I think I'm going to invest in Addi turbo circulars and knit (back&forth) on those - it seems like the straight stitch part would go faster.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'd hate to be the only funny bouncing one in the room."  -Ani Difranco

http://seelooknit.blogspot.com/
meggy
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2005 11:01:11 AM »

I think I'm going to invest in Addi turbo circulars and knit (back&forth) on those - it seems like the straight stitch part would go faster.

That's a good idea. Yeah, 10 inches of straight stockinette on size 2's sounds like it would take me forever - I get bored easily and my mind wanders and I start making mistakes. That and I'm afraid of sleeves. I taught myself to knit in January and so far have only finished scarves, hats, and one bootee, but I'm pretty adventurous (my first finished project was on dpns) so I think I'll try it.

I'm almost done with my wrap top - didn't quite make it last night. I chose lavender too, kelliz! Still need to find some ribbon, and glampyre's one skein wonder is distracting me, but I should finish it today.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Loo
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2005 02:13:46 PM »

Meggy - You should defnitely try this project. That was my first attempt at sleeves and they were so easy. The stockinette does take a while, but it's well worth it as the project was so much fun. I will tell you the trickiest part was the picot edging detail on the neck, but that was also my first attempt at that and I was so proud when I finished.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'd hate to be the only funny bouncing one in the room."  -Ani Difranco

http://seelooknit.blogspot.com/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Sunny Anderson’s Fake-Out Beignets
How to Make Pureed Dates and Gingersnap Sandwich Cookies
Classic Apple Pie Recipe
How to Make Brown Cow Ice Cream Floats with Abigail Breslin
How to Make a No-Bake Oreo Dirt Cake
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...