A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,059
Currently Running With Scissors:
523 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: i've come out of the closet  (Read 2788 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

RCKFELLA
Tutorial Contributor

there's no substitute for time

View Profile
« on: September 22, 2009 11:24:18 PM »

for years and years i tried to hide and deny my love for hello kitty because i was ashamed but i've decided to stop hiding and be my true self! Tongue so now that i'm out, i made this HK bow to celebrate. I was inspired by the Hello Kitty house/hotel/not sure http://www.random-good-stuff.com/2009/06/11/hello-kitty-house-in-shanghai/. I made this bow out of a cardboard box i had lying around. I love it but my only qualm is that the black acrylic is shiny and the pink is flat. I was going to put it on the corner of my window but i think it looks much cuter on my fabric cabinet. i might add her other features like eyes and whiskers but this is what i have for now. hope you guys like it!

-karen

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Queen Mab
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009 02:38:01 AM »

I can't say I am a HK fan, but I ADORE your fabric cabinet & think the bow is a cute addition... but did I mention how much I ADORE that cabinet....?!!! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sewyomama
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009 06:48:54 AM »

I love the idea (and your cabinet).  I am also a closet Hello Kitty fan and have tried to live vicariously through my two daughters.  When I say that I mean, I've  suggested, bought, and designed HK stuff for them for years.  I even offered to paint a HK mural in their room (they politely declined).   To my dismay, they are just not that into it.   **sigh**   They suggested that if I love HK so much, I could design my bedroom around it. . to which my husband simply chuckled. 

Good for you!  I like the idea of it being a little more subtle with just the bow, but I'm sure it would look cute with the rest of the details. 

p.s. Can I come over and live vicariously through you??
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rainbowmeow
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009 09:37:46 AM »

Love it!  It's a cute idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RCKFELLA
Tutorial Contributor

there's no substitute for time

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2009 10:44:01 PM »

yay!!!! i'm glad you guys liked it Tongue

I can't say I am a HK fan, but I ADORE your fabric cabinet & think the bow is a cute addition... but did I mention how much I ADORE that cabinet....?!!! Wink
thanks so much! my dad got it at a garage sale for $150 and it's been his pride and joy. sadly, it didn't fit in well with the decor in our house but ever since my sis moved out and i got my own room, i've basically thrown anything in there [as you can see from all the knick knacks].

I love the idea (and your cabinet).  I am also a closet Hello Kitty fan and have tried to live vicariously through my two daughters.  When I say that I mean, I've  suggested, bought, and designed HK stuff for them for years.  I even offered to paint a HK mural in their room (they politely declined).   To my dismay, they are just not that into it.   **sigh**   They suggested that if I love HK so much, I could design my bedroom around it. . to which my husband simply chuckled. 

Good for you!  I like the idea of it being a little more subtle with just the bow, but I'm sure it would look cute with the rest of the details. 

p.s. Can I come over and live vicariously through you??
hah! that's hilarious because my mom was basically asking why i didnt like her when it was "age appropriate", whatever THAT means! Wink she's like i would've decorated your room and thrown you HK parties! you can def live though me Tongue i may be 20 but my room looks like a 5 year old's hahaha

Love it!  It's a cute idea!
thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

karen09
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2009 07:11:20 PM »

haha it soo cute! i too have tried to stifle the fact that i love hello kitty especially since my husband was like, "oh now you can give your hello kitty stuff to Marilyn since you dont need it anymore." ( our 1 1/2 yr old daughter who btw doesnt appreciate kitty much right now) so with a fake smile and i high pitched fake voice i said Undecided "great idea! i guess i dont need it..." so now like sewyomama im trying to live through my daughter, like it or not. haha

p.s. i hope you dont think im total stalker Wink but my name is karen too, and i just realized you posted the nail polish shelves saying you were an addict and i too have too many nail polishes for my own good. And we both like hello kitty. haha karens are awesome! im so corny Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I went a little overboard making reusable nursing pads Tongue PM if you want to swap for some.
Looking to swap for an old skeleton key!

also looking for a penpal, i want to make friends all over the world!!
jennjitsu
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2009 07:40:15 AM »

It's so liberating to stop caring about WHAT makes people take us seriously!  Of course now that I have a 4-year old, HK doesn't look so strange around me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
justxlove
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2010 05:13:18 PM »

i had to sign in just to comment on this.
i am in loveeeeeeeeeee. its so cute.
but so simply.
i want to do this in my new house. (:
but on what, hm.

i just saw that hk house like yesterday
and i fell in loveeeeee.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sure shes got everything ive got gadgets and gizmos  of plenty ive got whozits and whatzits galore you want thingamabobs ive got twenty but who cares no big deal i want more
roccstarr75
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2011 09:46:43 PM »

I know this post is old, but i'm just seeing.  I love HK too and am sooooo not ashamed!  I recently lost my beautiful craft studio when my house burned down, but it was the place where i put all the things i loved that didnt "go" with anything else in the house.  needless to say, there was a lot of HK!!!  BTW if you give the bow a coating a clear spray paint it will all be shiny.  cute cabinet and room!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Super Bowl Party Food - Part 2 of 2
Super Bowl Party Food - Part 1 of 2
Spicy Guacamole
How to Cook Caribbean Halibut
Chocolate Sticky Buns by Chef Jehangir Mehta at Graffiti
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Amigurumi
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Karen Casper
Tute Tuesday: Wooden Chain

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...