A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 302,583
Currently Running With Scissors:
552 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 114
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tutorial: Jordy Bag - Square Bottomed Lined Bag  (Read 734864 times)
Tags for this thread: bag , purse , tutorial , jordy_bag  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

janetsjunk
Crafty & Artistic Momma

Everything happens for a reason.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #900 on: December 10, 2005 08:08:33 PM »

Here are two duplicate Jordy's I made with leftover fabric from two different items I made this last year.  The outside is a thick denim that is rather stiff so it worked perfectly without having to use any interfacing.  The lining is a soft cotton with blue stripes and little lady bugs.  Outside pocket fabric matches the lining.  Two handles made of the denim as well.  Velcro closure.

These are to give away at my church for Christmas...we have a gift giving tree and I picked up two tags for 8-9 year olds.  I'm sure whoever gets these will be tickled pink.  I also threw in a small bottle of nail polish and a clear lip gloss with a key chain that says "kiss".  Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

babygoinplaces

Baby, I'm goin' places!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #901 on: December 11, 2005 05:39:50 AM »

Jan, I can't wait to see what you're sending me if that's what you do for an 8 yr old!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://babygoinplaces.com
Baby Goin' Places--for the baby on the go!  Slings, pocketchangers, custom clothing, and now custom monogramming and embroidery!
http://babygoinplaces.etsy.com
arrhythmia
« Reply #902 on: December 11, 2005 06:54:21 PM »

They are gonna love those bags. So sweet!! Perfect gift for them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AimeeIsobel
« Reply #903 on: December 12, 2005 07:13:53 AM »

Woo, my first post, and my first attempt at bag making!  
There are thousands of little mistakes in it, but I thought I would show it anyway Smiley

Looks grey because of the flash (it's actually black)

« Last Edit: February 08, 2011 04:41:28 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
handful_of_lies
« Reply #904 on: December 15, 2005 06:58:08 AM »

I couldn't work out the strap (although I just got how to it!) so the straps are different.  I also changed the shape so it's narrower at the top.

I wanted a shopping bag to take on holiday to Germany's christmas markets, it needed a zip because I was carrying my passport, the ref # of my flights and 250 worth of Euros at all times (too cheap to pay for the hotel security box) so didn't fancy having an open bag for people to dip their hands into.

The first attempt at the zip went completely wrong, it ended up sewn in upside down (I've never sewn a zip into a bag before) and I was so frustated with it when I was sewing it in for the second time, I forget to check that the straps were the same length so one is about an inch longer than the other  Roll Eyes
I used thick interfacing so it's nice and stiff.

It served it's purpose well, held up to a lot of shopping!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2005 07:03:50 AM by handful_of_lies » THIS ROCKS   Logged
GoldfishGirl

Amorphous Big Red Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #905 on: December 21, 2005 01:47:31 PM »

This is so awesome. I know I'm a little late on coming into the craze, but... Damn. It's just so good.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists:  http://www.wists.com/goldfishgirl

I'm always up for Personal Swaps! I can knit and sew. What can you do? Let's trade!
juliel85
« Reply #906 on: January 05, 2006 05:53:59 PM »

a year on craftster and I just NOW got around to making a Jordy bag (in my defense, I just got a sewing machine this Christmas)...I am SO psyched that I made a pretty good looking bag so quickly with this pattern.  I left my usb cord for the camera at school so no pics yet, but I'll be posting...I"m so proud of this darn bag I've been showing everyone 2 or 3 times.  I made it with fabric I had...it's brown velvet with a pinkish flowery lining and it has a big bow on the front made of the same velvet.  It's slightly bigger than Jordy's original.  Did I mention I am so proud and excited?!?  Long live the Jordy bag!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
moose_hat
Hoot Hoot!

yarrp yarrp.... narrp?

View Profile
« Reply #907 on: January 17, 2006 02:41:35 AM »

i really need to make one for myself
THIS ROCKS   Logged

what does a snake do when it feels like having a lye down?
Lets go out for a meal with Mr and Mrs Pain, order up i violent quiche
mamamoira
« Reply #908 on: January 17, 2006 05:14:43 PM »

I have to also throw my two cents in here about LOVING this tutorial. I've been sewing, mostly clothing from patterns, for quite a while now, and am finally getting comfortable with going "off-pattern," with a lot of eyeballing.  I find as long as I have a good idea about construction techniques, I can wing the rest of it pretty good!

I've already posted once with pictures of my first two "test" bags that I made for my little girls. I'm semi-seriously thinking about sewing & selling stuff now to supplement our income (I'm a Stay-at-Home-Mom now, whee), probably on Etsy.  Not just bags, but baby stuff too, but I have to admit I LOVE making these style of bags!  They're so easy and sew up nice and quick. Thanks again for the tutorial and the inspiration!

-Jennifer
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.blueballooncraf ts.com (OLD and DUSTY, sigh...)
queenofdiy
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #909 on: January 23, 2006 11:22:40 PM »

FilleDeJoy - Wow!!!  Did you make the last one from a shirt or dress?  What a fabulous idea!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 114 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Paint Outdoors
Field Sketching Essentials
How to Use Gouache in your Art
How to Choose a Sketching Pencil
Applying Tonal Shading
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...