A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 296,602
Currently Running With Scissors:
836 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 114
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tutorial: Jordy Bag - Square Bottomed Lined Bag  (Read 735790 times)
Tags for this thread: bag , purse , tutorial , jordy_bag  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cyndiq
i am aka sewsweet08 on yt come say hi

aussie craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #830 on: August 06, 2005 06:15:30 AM »

hi I made my first jordy, similar to what i already do but i hadnt tried the handles in that style. i hope you like it. faux cow skin!

link in case the pic doesn't work

http://au.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/cyndiq38/detail?.dir=/2271&.dnm=f718.jpg&.src=ph
THIS ROCKS   Logged

zooie
« Reply #831 on: August 06, 2005 09:16:48 AM »

"Interfacing is called interfacing it doesn't really have any other name."

I've also heard of fusible interfacing being called "fusing."  It confused me at first...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
noralost
« Reply #832 on: August 06, 2005 09:26:17 AM »

cyndiq,
where did you get that fabo faux cow skin?  I <3 it!

hi I made my first jordy, similar to what i already do but i hadnt tried the handles in that style. i hope you like it. faux cow skin

link in case the pic doesn't work

http://au.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/cyndiq38/detail?.dir=/2271&.dnm=f718.jpg&.src=ph
THIS ROCKS   Logged
McJulie-O
« Reply #833 on: August 06, 2005 10:11:53 AM »

I've also heard of fusible interfacing being called "fusing."  It confused me at first...

If I heard someone refer to "fusing" I would expect they were talking about that spider-webby stuff that you iron between two pieces of fabric to fuse them together. Fusible interfacing is already attached to a fabric, unlike fusing.

Linguists are going nuts over lack of precision in English these days  Roll Eyes !
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cyndiq
i am aka sewsweet08 on yt come say hi

aussie craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #834 on: August 06, 2005 11:59:41 PM »

I got the fabric at our local spotlight store here in australia, not that expensive and they had lots of tiger, leopard etc so i am going back for some other fabric as my daughter wants one and so do i and my mum too lol.
I posted my pic of my jordy on a couple of my sewing groups and they all liked it so i have directed them to read the tutorial.

thanks for the comments
cyndi Shocked Roll Eyes Kiss Cry Tongue Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

greenevie
« Reply #835 on: August 08, 2005 01:40:23 PM »

One thing I have to say -- if you haven't made a bag yet, you've read all the directions and you're still a little confused -- try just getting started and going along before you go crazy trying to make it work logically in your head. I know some parts of the directions didn't necessarily seem clear until I had the pieces in front of me -- like the sewing the corners together bit. When you have the pieces in front of you and you think "Hm, I need to sew this so it makes a sort of boxy bottom" it suddenly clicks in your head what you need to do.
Just what I've noticed with this and other projects..
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pibbgirl
« Reply #836 on: August 08, 2005 01:46:58 PM »

One thing I have to say -- if you haven't made a bag yet, you've read all the directions and you're still a little confused -- try just getting started and going along before you go crazy trying to make it work logically in your head. I know some parts of the directions didn't necessarily seem clear until I had the pieces in front of me -- like the sewing the corners together bit. When you have the pieces in front of you and you think "Hm, I need to sew this so it makes a sort of boxy bottom" it suddenly clicks in your head what you need to do.
Just what I've noticed with this and other projects..
I agree, the first time I read through the directions I couldn't picture it, but when I just jumped in and got the pieces cut out it almost put itself together!!  Its much easier to understand the next step if you've already completed the one before it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

polkadotcom
rock me amadeus

I'll be hiding in the shadows

View Profile
« Reply #837 on: August 08, 2005 02:11:53 PM »

It is much easier to do if you follow step by step rather than reading ahead before you reach that step. When I work with a new pattern I like to use scraps of old material I have laying around and make a smaller mock version just so I know I can do it. It's way better that way because you don't waste your good material on something you're not sure you fully understand.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chic
« Reply #838 on: August 08, 2005 09:06:47 PM »

Wow have you seen how many times this topic has been viewed?! Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

f18 anyone? PM me. =)
Queen of Hearts
« Reply #839 on: August 08, 2005 11:14:42 PM »

i love the jordy bag. it is very cute and seems easy to make, it looks like it's cheaper to make a bag instead of purchasing a brand name one from the department store
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 114 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Offering by Angela Hunt
God Save the Queen… Or We Will!
Emerald Mile by Kevin Fedarko
Walking on Eggshells by Lyssa Chapman
Viral’s Secret Formula: Why Things Catch On by Jonah Berger
Latest Blog Articles
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...