A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 300,911
Currently Running With Scissors:
434 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 114
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tutorial: Jordy Bag - Square Bottomed Lined Bag  (Read 748968 times)
Tags for this thread: bag , purse , tutorial , jordy_bag  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

penguino
« Reply #660 on: March 14, 2005 10:53:44 PM »

I just made a jordy bag this weekend.  The strap is very flimsy. How can I make it more rigid?  A layer of interfacing? Or another layer of fabric?  Please help.  I want to make more.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sara_

supa*BLING*ing

View Profile
« Reply #661 on: March 15, 2005 12:23:13 AM »

I just made a jordy bag this weekend.  The strap is very flimsy. How can I make it more rigid?  A layer of interfacing? Or another layer of fabric?  Please help.  I want to make more.

Try some medium to heavy weight iron on interfacing.  I use this for the bag itself and in the strap, it works well
THIS ROCKS   Logged
javede
« Reply #662 on: March 15, 2005 12:23:45 AM »

Wow, this is great, I'm going to try this tutorial ASAP!  But I do have a question--what sort of fabrics are good for the outside and the lining?  I was thinking I'd use a sheet (with a Star Wars patter, dork=me) as the outside, and  something sturdier (maybe corduroy?) on the inside.  Would that work, or should I make the sheet the inside part?
I wouldn't use corduroy on the inside cause it would fray since you put things in the bag. You could use some cotton fabric on the inside and interface the sheet to make it sturdier.
(I'm still searching for a star wars sheet, my brother didn't wanted to give his to me  Roll Eyes)

I just made a jordy bag this weekend. The strap is very flimsy. How can I make it more rigid? A layer of interfacing? Or another layer of fabric? Please help. I want to make more.
Same here. Just use interface on the strap too. I always make it on mine. Plus I sew along both long sides of the straps near to the end of the fabric.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my knitting blog:
http://orangmerajut.blogspot.com/

personal swap friendly
sara_

supa*BLING*ing

View Profile
« Reply #663 on: March 15, 2005 12:29:42 AM »

I just participated in my first swap~ the 10 dollar or less swap.  My partner and I both randomly made each other jordy bags.

This is the one I made for her:

They are so fun to make Cheesy
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011 04:23:25 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
bindachu
« Reply #664 on: March 15, 2005 03:57:06 PM »

Thanks Jordy! i was searching for a pattern like this for a long time.  I knew it couldn't be too difficult but I still couldn't figure it out on my own.  I've made 3 so far and I am planning on more.

http://www.themostboringthing.com/images/all.jpg
http://www.themostboringthing.com/images/flowers.jpg
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011 04:23:17 PM by jungrrl - Reason: changed non-working images to links. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

i also make t-shirts
http://www.2inches.com
xcaret
« Reply #665 on: March 16, 2005 10:28:25 AM »

i just found this amazing site and have been amazed about all the nice work that everyone is making, specially the jordy bags, that i am going to give it a try with a really nice fabric flowers(Kanzashi flowers )that i saw in this same site, i will post mine when i'm done!!

keep the good work!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
naiara

ociffer, take me drunk, i'm home.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #666 on: March 22, 2005 04:33:35 AM »

ooh i'm dyyyiing to make my own bag Smiley
is it possible to make one without a sewing machine?
maybe with lots of patience perhaps huh? lol..
good job guys, they're all fabulous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rajordan
« Reply #667 on: March 24, 2005 08:11:07 AM »

I saw the TIME article and wanted to check out the sites it mentioned. I made my first Jordy Bag yesterday. Both the outside and the lining are a rather conservative twill. There is a pocket on the inside and the outside big enough to hold floppy disks. I used a contrasting thread and a scallop pattern for the detailing.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2011 04:22:44 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
missmichigan

long lost sister of rosie palm

View Profile
« Reply #668 on: March 24, 2005 08:27:13 AM »

ooh i'm dyyyiing to make my own bag Smiley
is it possible to make one without a sewing machine?
maybe with lots of patience perhaps huh? lol..
good job guys, they're all fabulous!

of course it's possible!! People made things before the sewing machine came around Wink

It'll just take a llittle more (okay, a lot more!) time! But it'll be great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Would you like to go to a pants party?
tcap
« Reply #669 on: March 25, 2005 04:32:10 AM »

Hi all - I'm very new here and my jordy bag is my second bag I've ever made. It turned out beautifully, but the interfacing I used was too soft and it was too droopy for me. I bought some really stiff interfacing and instead of rippiny my purse apart I pulled it inside out and tacked it in place. Then right side out I snipped it to get it to fit correctly. Now I love the purse. I'm working on the snap strap right now,but once that is done I will post a picture.

Thanks for the great tutorial.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 114 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Prepare Noodles in 1 Minute
How to Make Sushi Rolls
How to Make Curried Shrimp and Cauliflower
How to Make a Red-Curry Chicken Stir-Fry
Tofu Stir Fry Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...