A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 302,576
Currently Running With Scissors:
730 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
    Print  
Topic: 09/21/09 - Lots of excitement in the swapping world! Revised Swap Info, New Mods  (Read 73694 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Linnybelle
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2009 11:40:25 AM »

The new rules and things are very nice looking and much less confusing.  Also, congrats to the new mods! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for postcards from anywhere to use for RSVP cards for my 8/2012 wedding.  Have 80/200.
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2009 05:25:40 PM »

Congrats new mods!

Lovin' the updated pages and rules.
And much easier for me to navigate!

THANK YOU! Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

"Best of 2013" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2009 05:30:15 PM »

I'm so glad everyone is happy with the new rule format!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Like it? Check out my newly re-opened Etsy shop. Scary Toys and Halloween for everyone!
My blog: junk&stuff
Pinterest
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2009 06:24:00 AM »

the new formatting for the rules look great! So much easier to find what you are looking for!
Besides the age rule for swapping/organizing what are the new rules if there are any? I can't tell to be honest and I've read them over about 3 times. Could be that the swaps I've been in do them already so they're so familiar I just read over them but I'm really curious now!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ptarmic wumpus

You are in room 2

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2009 06:41:41 AM »

I have a question - do the new rules apply to swaps currently in signups that opened prior to the new rule announcement?  Not that I'm expecting to have any issues, but do I need to change the questionnaire for the new age limits?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

"Best of 2013" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2009 08:06:15 AM »

the new formatting for the rules look great! So much easier to find what you are looking for!
Besides the age rule for swapping/organizing what are the new rules if there are any? I can't tell to be honest and I've read them over about 3 times. Could be that the swaps I've been in do them already so they're so familiar I just read over them but I'm really curious now!

Everything else is pretty much the same, but we have clarified some things that used to be "understood", such as the rule that two weeks after the sendout date, everyone in the swap who has not yet sent should receive negative feedback. (If there's someone who is in good communication and you're sure they're going to send, they still need that negative until their package arrives! Negatives are reversible.)

I have a question - do the new rules apply to swaps currently in signups that opened prior to the new rule announcement?  Not that I'm expecting to have any issues, but do I need to change the questionnaire for the new age limits?
If you started a swap before the rules change, you don't have to change your questionaire, but you may want to go ahead and go in and change the age date so you're not accepting anyone under 16 at this time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Like it? Check out my newly re-opened Etsy shop. Scary Toys and Halloween for everyone!
My blog: junk&stuff
Pinterest
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2009 08:34:23 AM »

I love having a definite 2 week rule out there for late sending & feedback.  It make it so much easier on organizers.....or at least it is easier on me. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2009 12:07:07 PM »

Everything else is pretty much the same, but we have clarified some things that used to be "understood", such as the rule that two weeks after the sendout date, everyone in the swap who has not yet sent should receive negative feedback. (If there's someone who is in good communication and you're sure they're going to send, they still need that negative until their package arrives! Negatives are reversible.)

If you started a swap before the rules change, you don't have to change your questionaire, but you may want to go ahead and go in and change the age date so you're not accepting anyone under 16 at this time.

thanks so much for clarifying! that makes total sense. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jungrrl
Global Moderator
Crafty Business Advice Moderator
Toys, Dolls, and Playthings Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I'm a portmanteau.

Former Full-time Craftster-er

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2009 12:22:13 PM »

This is a big one that I totally forgot to mention on Monday! So I'm gonna bold it. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kevsbabe29
Kevsbabe

fav quote whats your point

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2009 09:00:56 AM »

Welcome to the new Mods.  To the new mods and veterns thank you for you hard work.

The new way the rules are written is wonderful.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Print  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use the New Features in Adobe Acrobat Lesson 3
How to Use the New Features in Adobe Acrobat Lesson 2
How to Use the New Features in Adobe Acrobat Lesson 1
Introduction to Adobe Encore - Overview
An Overview of Adobe Acrobat Lesson 3
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...