A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,489
Currently Running With Scissors:
553 Guests and 37 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: World of Warcraft/ Fairy Wedding Ideas help  (Read 6933 times)
Tags for this thread: wedding , world_of_warcraft , fairy , video_game , wow  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

redmoon017
« on: September 21, 2009 09:14:25 AM »

My fiance and I are huge nerds and I wanted to reflect that in our wedding. We've decided that we'd like to do  WoW/ fairy themed wedding but can't come up with any ideas of how to go about it. So I'm looking for suggestion that might inspire me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
psyche
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009 11:51:58 PM »

Interesting. Okay, I'm going to say first that most of what I know about WoW actually comes from various Craftster posts, so I'm not an expert! But here's some thoughts anyway.

I'm thinking those two combined could make a pretty nice medieval style wedding. Here's one that's pretty good (and budget friendly!) - http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=218135.0. And fairy wedding makes me think gauzy, fabric in various colours.

Costumes seem like a great way to incorporate your themes - I've seen some very cool succubus/warlock pairs -
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=207471.0 (with intense hoof action!); and
http://www.flickr.com/photos/crystaltips/1001901594/ - or you could do the fairy route with flowy gowns and wings for yourself, your flower girl(s), and/or your bridesmaids!

You could theme the tables by species (eg. Centaur, Ogre. . .  Tulip Fairy, Acorn Fairy . . . ).

Hope that gets your thoughts pumping Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

metalpunkmonster
obsessive crocheter

Mmmmm... Yarn...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009 09:52:51 AM »

i'm want a WoW wedding too!!!  it's still like 2 years away, but i've been brainstorming.  here's a few ideas that i already came up with.

invitations that look like quest logs.  these would be pretty easy to make.  you could set up quest objectives (witness the marriage of __ and __) and quest rewards (a night of food and dancing).  i found out the font they use in the game is called morpheus, and it's available for free here: http://www.urbanfonts.com/fonts/Morpheus.htm.  you could use it wherever else you need a fancy font.

on the place cards, you can use character names for your guests who also play WoW.

instead of table numbers, use locations in the game, or realm names.

for the cake topper, make little sculptures of your character and his character out of polymer clay.  i play horde, so i also want the cake to have the horde logo on it all over in frosting.  i've seen this done before with white-on-white writing and it looked nice.  it adds some detail without being too loud or tacky.  you could also do this with common in-game phrases (for the horde/alliance, pwn, n00b, l2p...).

my wedding colors are going to be black and red, like the horde colors.  blue and gold would look nice too, if you play alliance.  i want my dress to look a bit medieval too.  i'll probably have my mom make it from a halloween costume pattern (she's the grand master tailor in rl lol).

for favors, i'm doing red and black m&ms in little pouches, like bags of loot.  i wanted to do a little card stock chest, but i think that would be too much work on top of everything else.  they sell the little bags pretty much everywhere you would buy favor stuff.  maybe add a little tag to it that looks like gear stats?

if you're serving wine or champagne in bottles on the tables, you could make your own label with stats like buff food has.  like +30 spirit, or gives the user the ability to dance the night away.

for food (or even just appetizers), you could see if the chef can recreate some of the foods from the game.  like mini sliders could be warp burgers, or a spicy salmon dish could be labeled as firecracker salmon.

wow, i can't believe how much i just typed lol.  good luck and keep us posted on what you come up with!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I make crafts and people. Also crafts for said people.
Ambri

Insert maniacal laughter here

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2009 10:39:12 AM »

He he, that'd be cute.  I actually attended an in-game WoW wedding a year or two ago . . . I think that in-game tailors can actually create a wedding gown, that's like gold and white and stuff . .. you might see if the style of that is something you like for your rl wedding.  I think using realm names for the tables is a cute idea;  you could always add maps of Azeroth to your decorations, and create little hearthstones for centerpieces or wedding favors.  Good luck!  Wedding FTW! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soap is a 4-letter word.
LinzSerena
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2009 07:44:55 AM »

I'll admit, I have never played WoW and don't know anything about it, but I saw this wedding invitation and thought I might send you a link (I don't even know if that's a WoW symbol to tell you the truth)...
http://hawtness.com/2009/10/05/wtf-girl-photo-hawtness-contest-operation-nerdgasm/
Scroll to the bottom for the invitation.
My husband and I are quite nerdy and I found just adding subtle kisses of nerdy stuff throughout the wedding made it so the theme was obvious without being overwhelming. Maybe buying a print-it-yourself invitation and putting something unique to WoW at the bottom would be nice (in my wedding, we had a DNA double helix decorate the bottom of ours - only the science peeps in a group recognized it). Another option is to walk out to a song of some WoW significance. You can also be very creative with table names & favors. Just little touches like that make all the difference.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Lindsey
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
"Be open to learning new lessons even if they contradict the lessons you learned yesterday."
- Ellen Degeneres
---------------------------------------------
"All great achievements require time" ~Maya Angelou
thegreengriffin
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2010 06:41:42 PM »

while i dont know much about WoW, fairies are my thing!  i would love to see a flower girl (or even all the women) in wings!
and you could get the cake decorated like a multi level fairy house!
i see light airy fabrics like gossamer and chiffon draped around and blowing in the breeze (or as people walk by if its inside)  oh! if it is inside you should do bits of chiffon hanging from the end of each aisle and as you walked down the aisle they would 'flow' behind you!  i would love to see pics after the fact!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Serenthia
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2010 07:56:33 AM »

Metalpunkmonster has some really awesome Wow ideas!

I guess it just depends on how full on you want the theme to be.

Get half of your guests to dress up as Alliance, and the other Horde and have an epic battle!! Just kidding Smiley

Maybe for reception entertainment you could have a list of quests (set out as a quest log on paper) for people to do, just like a photo scavenger hunt. With one disposable camera per table people must "party up" and complete all the "quests". Perhaps the party that can do all the quests get an achievement and a reward! Some ideas for the scavenger hunt http://www.weddingbee.com/2005/03/04/camera-scavenger-hunt/ They are not very Wow based, but they could be changed up a bit Tongue

A photo booth with a Wow background (like Dalaran) and maybe some props like staves and swords. Even cardboard speech bubbles that say KEK or FOR THE ALLIANCE! lol

Make your own special bride and groom glasses with the Alliance (or Horde if you must) symbol!

Dont forget your Guild! Perhaps you could personalise the bride and groom reception chairs with your guild tabard. You could also stencil banners with your preferred Faction's crest. Or even more so with your preferred race's crest!

As Wow has like a million paths to go down, maybe narrow it down.
Like for example if you are Alliance and are a Night Elf you could totally go with that! Have your wedding under the moon (Moon Goddess Elune), the ceremony under a gigantic tree covered in fairy lights, with Night elf lantern posts down the aisle. The reception would also be outside, in a beautiful garden with woodern tables and more lanterns! The colour theme could be purple with lots of tree and nature motifs. That way you could also incorporate the fairy kind of theme into the wedding aswell. Smiley

Anyway I think Im just starting to ramble Smiley Let us know what you think and what you end up going with!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use Basic Photoshop
How to Create the Best Baby photographs in Photoshop
How to Lighten Certain Areas of an Image
How to Retouch in Photoshop
How to Make Big Prints in Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...