A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,478
Currently Running With Scissors:
510 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 40
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: BBW / Plus Size Swap (Sendouts by 12/5)  (Read 22204 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

feelix

I love Crazy!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2009 03:22:06 AM »

Totally Stalking this Thread...

I'm not able to jump in and commit to a swap but I love the idea of this one... AND it took me forever to figure out what BBW means... :-)

I can't wait to see what everyone ends up with!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm back from a long break. WOOT!
Feast Your Eyes
People are entitled to their hobbies, and I'm entitled to think those people are creepy. - Raylan Givens, Justified

Serial Craft Dabbler

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2009 03:33:28 AM »

Im a super bbw, I hope no one has a problem with that when it comes to being my partner.  Embarrassed

Me too!

I certainly wouldn't have a problem with it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Honored to be a J&T Featured Member

Vintage sewing patterns and unique jewelry at
Sinners' Feast
donniesgirl
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2009 06:45:18 AM »

Im a super bbw, I hope no one has a problem with that when it comes to being my partner.  Embarrassed

That is exactly why I wanted this swap.  No one should have a problem.  Everyone gets to look fabulous!   Cheesy

I'm not able to jump in and commit to a swap but I love the idea of this one... AND it took me forever to figure out what BBW means... :-)

Sure you can't?   Grin  It's a nice long crafting period...
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009 06:47:05 AM by donniesgirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

tiffie1023
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2009 09:14:28 AM »

woo hoo!!!! just sent in my info!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

personal swaps are my favorite

wists! http://www.wists.com/tiffie1023
TheSapphireMoon
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

It's like a vacation for the mind, to leave the body behind...

Rockin' the baubles all around town...

« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2009 09:54:15 AM »

No prob's whatsoever with any SSBBW's  Grin  As long as I get measurements for whatever I come up with for a partner I can make it in any size!

Sent out on a swap today, hopefully will only take a couple days to ship and arrive, then I should get feedback on that one and can join up here officially!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ ♥ Zoe ♥ ~

In need of rainbow fabrics for a Teesha Moore tote, PM me to swap!

ETSY
http://thesapphiremoon.etsy.com
PINTEREST
http://www.pinterest.com/thesapphiremoon

Shop The Swap 62
50 Projects 2012
RebelTrendsetter
You Can't Always Judge a Yarn by it's Roving.

Part time Domestic Goddess, full time Art Geek

« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2009 12:39:35 PM »

I think we all signed up for this swap with the understanding that not all BBW are created equal. I'm with Sapphire, I'm good as long as I get lots of good measurements. Grin I can't wait for signups to be over!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Formerly Known As: DesignVigilante
Pintrest! -- Etsy Shop --
KLKing
Sewing Mentor

"Craftophrenia"~ Dabbling in Everything!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2009 01:50:46 PM »

I'd jump in on this swap, but finances are a huge issue right now. I just have to wait for another round.
On the communication issue, My last swap partner answered my questions, but didn't ask me any. It left me with an uneasy feeling.In the end, I think I went overboard, since it is my nature anyway, but I did not really have high expectations for the return package. Since it was my first swap, I didn't want to complain.  Sometimes life gets in the way of good intentions. That is why keeping a presence on the boards is important.  I am going to be more insistant on 2-way communication in the future. Another point: 5 swaps is a huge amount of work. Take the 12 day of Christmas swap for example. 12 packages. Each on requiring more items than the last. And the postage involved in 12 packages! To just say 5 swaps limit, when some are so huge, I think it should go by how many points are in the swap. And, reading thru the swap threads, one idea of a large is different from another's. So on.
Back to communication: I think it is tell-tale if you see your partner offer to up the points from the beginning on a swap after yours, as the case here... and not be engaging with the first assigned partner. You pretty much can expect to see all the person's time going into that favorite swap. In the end, the items are the proof!
In summary... learn how to read measurements! If you aren't sure, ask the person you are making things for! a SUPRISE IS NO SUPRISE IF IT DOESN'T REMOTELY FIT!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crazyda79
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2009 02:17:14 PM »

I just need to take the time to fill out the questionnaire.  Just being lazy right now but I totally want in!  Can't wait to craft!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
50 projects in 2014 my list on page 54
119/50 swaps
93/50 friends/family
212/50 total
zombiekilla

I don't mean to impose, but I am the Ocean.

« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2009 03:30:49 PM »

Well I have already signed up and Im super damn excited for the swap! Im just happy to know there are so many of us awesome fatties out there!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

donniesgirl
« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2009 07:24:28 PM »

You might want to mention it to the swap mods or organizer if you had a problem with your last swap.  Or there is a board for discussing the swap process in general.

I'd jump in on this swap, but finances are a huge issue right now. I just have to wait for another round.
On the communication issue, My last swap partner answered my questions, but didn't ask me any. It left me with an uneasy feeling.In the end, I think I went overboard, since it is my nature anyway, but I did not really have high expectations for the return package. Since it was my first swap, I didn't want to complain.  Sometimes life gets in the way of good intentions. That is why keeping a presence on the boards is important.  I am going to be more insistant on 2-way communication in the future. Another point: 5 swaps is a huge amount of work. Take the 12 day of Christmas swap for example. 12 packages. Each on requiring more items than the last. And the postage involved in 12 packages! To just say 5 swaps limit, when some are so huge, I think it should go by how many points are in the swap. And, reading thru the swap threads, one idea of a large is different from another's. So on.
Back to communication: I think it is tell-tale if you see your partner offer to up the points from the beginning on a swap after yours, as the case here... and not be engaging with the first assigned partner. You pretty much can expect to see all the person's time going into that favorite swap. In the end, the items are the proof!
In summary... learn how to read measurements! If you aren't sure, ask the person you are making things for! a SUPRISE IS NO SUPRISE IF IT DOESN'T REMOTELY FIT!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 40 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use Layers in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
How to Work With Layers in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
How to Save the Selections in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
How to Refine the Selection Edge in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
How to Use the Quick Selection Tool in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
Latest Blog Articles
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3
September 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...