A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 298,776
Currently Running With Scissors:
411 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 40
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: BBW / Plus Size Swap (Sendouts by 12/5)  (Read 23108 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Delectably Deviant
the artist formerly known as monkeystuffer

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2009 10:47:54 AM »

I am totally signing up for this!  I love that we get a long crafting period - I always take so long on things, and I hate to have to rush.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

AbsurdAnnekuh

The KUH is silent.

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2009 10:50:21 AM »

Well, why not say "stay in touch" then, instead of the weekly check in.  I've always been pretty lax in how often I post in the thread, but if my partner pms me, I reply the very next time that I come online.  If I don't post every single week, will you assume that I've fallen off the face of the earth?  I just don't see how getting on the computer to just say "got one medium halfway done, starting on my large" makes me any less likely to disappear than if I didn't do so.  Even if I didn't post once in the thread (which would not be the case) I would still send out on time as that is a commitment that I have made by joining the swap.  If there is actual conversation going on, I will happily converse and enjoy doing so, but I don't understand how status reports add anything to my ability to craft and send out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist - http://www.wists.com/AbsurdAnnekuh

I love personal swaps.
donniesgirl
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2009 11:50:11 AM »

This isn't the first swap to request this.  Sorry if once a week seems like a huge time commitment for you and I understand if you feel like you can't commit to it.  

Well, why not say "stay in touch" then, instead of the weekly check in.  I've always been pretty lax in how often I post in the thread, but if my partner pms me, I reply the very next time that I come online.  If I don't post every single week, will you assume that I've fallen off the face of the earth?  I just don't see how getting on the computer to just say "got one medium halfway done, starting on my large" makes me any less likely to disappear than if I didn't do so.  Even if I didn't post once in the thread (which would not be the case) I would still send out on time as that is a commitment that I have made by joining the swap.  If there is actual conversation going on, I will happily converse and enjoy doing so, but I don't understand how status reports add anything to my ability to craft and send out.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009 11:52:37 AM by donniesgirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

lovesclutter
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Nothing is safe in its native form.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2009 12:02:43 PM »

I prefer people who are chatty because they don't disappear, I'm not saying you would, but the more conversation I have with my partner and more interaction on the threads, they let me feel comfortable with the items I choose to craft for my parnters.  I sure do not want my organizer to have to hunt down a swapper. I get anxious too easily.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
AbsurdAnnekuh

The KUH is silent.

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2009 12:10:28 PM »

I have been in swaps that have asked for everyone to stay in touch and have had one week as a guideline.  The part that has me hesitating is the wording that seems to have the one week as more set in stone, "this will go on your permanent record" if you don't post every single week.  What about PMs, do those count toward checking in?

Chatting is easier if your partner is chatty.  I just really hate posting things with no substance.  I'm happy to talk with my partner about what she likes and dislikes and anything that we might have in common, I just don't always post in the thread to do so.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps.
lovesclutter
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Nothing is safe in its native form.

« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2009 12:15:21 PM »

As I am online all the time this isn't an issue, but I do pm my organizer occasionally if I notice my partner is not on the thread to let him/her know what our status is.

As I am doing my very first organizing I want as chatty a thread as possible, but I do not require it. I have a lot of sign ups that have been on forever with very few posts, but they had good feedback.

It is a lot of worry when people go missing. Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
AbsurdAnnekuh

The KUH is silent.

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2009 12:22:02 PM »

I do understand that it is a lot of worry when someone goes missing, but I also feel it very unfair to penalize people for someone else's mistake.

I am going to sign up, as I have been very excited about this swap since I first found the thread.  I will do my best to be chatty, even if it is not my normal nature.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps.
RebelTrendsetter
You Can't Always Judge a Yarn by it's Roving.

Part time Domestic Goddess, full time Art Geek

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2009 12:37:02 PM »

I just signed up. I'm not overly chatty either, mainly because when you ask people to reply at least once a week, the thread gets huge and there's no way I'm going to go back and read every single thing lol and I will try to check in at least once a week, but it might just be an update on what I'm doing and not have anything to do with whatever everyone else's talking about lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Formerly Known As: DesignVigilante
Pintrest! -- Etsy Shop --
Feast Your Eyes
People are entitled to their hobbies, and I'm entitled to think those people are creepy. - Raylan Givens, Justified

Serial Craft Dabbler

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2009 01:11:41 PM »

I do understand that it is a lot of worry when someone goes missing, but I also feel it very unfair to penalize people for someone else's mistake.

I am going to sign up, as I have been very excited about this swap since I first found the thread.  I will do my best to be chatty, even if it is not my normal nature.

My impression on reading the requirement was that you could either post to the thread or pm the organizer. Probably just a quick "This is me checking in" would be ok. Like lovesclutter, I'm usually on craftster all the time, too, so it's no big deal to me. I suppose if you have limited web access it could be inconvenient. Anyway, glad you decided to give it a shot.

I have sent my questionaire in.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Honored to be a J&T Featured Member

Vintage sewing patterns and unique jewelry at
Sinners' Feast
TheSexyTurtle

Behold! The Kitten Helmet of Power!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2009 05:10:56 PM »

w00t!!!!

I just got feedback on one of my in progress swaps so I can officially sign up now.

I have preg_replace('/(.{49})/', '$1 ', 'sooooooooooOOOoooOOOooOOOooOOOooOOOOOOOooooOOOooOOoooo...')
many ideas for this one!!!

*sqeal*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries"
-- A.A. Milne

http://wists.com/thesexyturtle
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 40 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Pitfalls when Buying Diamond
What are Diamond Certificates
Understanding the Diamond Carat Size
Understanding the Diamond Color
Understanding the Diamond Clarity
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...