A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,087
Currently Running With Scissors:
543 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 40
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: BBW / Plus Size Swap (Sendouts by 12/5)  (Read 20831 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

donniesgirl
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: September 21, 2009 08:29:29 AM »

Swap name: BBW Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: donniesgirl
Sign-up date range: 9/21 – 10/12
Date to send item by: 12/5

Limited to a certain number of people? (optional):24

Restricted to people who all live in the same country? no
If so, which country? n/a

Age requirement? Sixteen & up, please.  If you are under 18, please get your parents permission

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES

Details of swap:
This swap is for all the Plus Sized girls out there (from ten pounds overweight to 200 lbs), who would like some really great crafted items. Sometimes, it is hard finding fashionable or flattering things in a Plus Size.  Admired some crafts on Craftster, but couldn’t make it or didn’t have the time?  Or just afraid to ask for clothes in a swap because you feel guilty that yours will require more fabric/yarn?  This is the swap for you!  Everyone deserves to look fabulous, no matter what size they are!

Every person will make things related to BBW.  This can include stylish items in a Plus Size, things with inspirational or funny quotes, BBW necessities, or anything you can think of that relates to us big and beautiful gals. This is a 6 point swap, but each swapper must have at least one medium and one large wearable item (sewn/recon, knit/crochet, jewelry, stenciled/silk screened, etc).  All 6 points should be crafted.  Since such a big part of being a Plus Size is finding clothes that fit or are flattering, wearable should be an important part of your package.  Smiley  THIS SWAP IS ABOUT LOVING YOUR FABULOUS SELF & EMBRACING YOUR BODY.

I gave us a pretty long signup period and a long crafting time on purpose, this is not so we can procrastinate but to give a lot of time for thought and care in our crafting.

Points Guidance:
Small Item = 1 point
Med Item = 2 Points
Large Item = 3 Points

For new swappers there might be a bit of a confusion as to what is a large, medium, and small item, so here's a handy guide:  

Small = By time, 2 or less hours of crafting. By $$$, $10 or less. By size, Earrings, stickers, wallets, pouches, bookmarks…

Medium = By time, 2 or more hours of crafting. By $$$, $10-$30. By size, one single necklace or bracelet, a scarf…

Large = By time, 3 or more hours of crafting. By $$$, $30 or more. By size, A shawl, a shirt, a skirt, a set of jewelry with four to five items, a purse…

This is not totally set in stone, but is a rough estimate of sizes described by time it takes to make package, by physical size and by cost.

The Rules

~Because this swap is on the larger side & involves wearables and a higher crafty skill set, I am requiring each participant to have completed at least one swap prior to signing up for this one.  

~All participants must check in at least once a week, by pm or by posting in this thread, and tell their progress.  If you are going to go on vacation & be out of reach for a week or two, please let your partner & the organizer know.  If you don’t, you will get a comment in your feedback.

~If your partner is within the US, you MUST get a DC and pm it to the organizer and your partner.

~Be aware of the comments section on wists (if you check them), someone might add something and you go to make it, but didn’t notice in their comments that they would only want that item in a different color.

Important note: Feedback will ONLY be given after you & your partner send, receive, and post pictures of what you received. If you do not have a camera, please make arrangements with your partner so they can take pictures before they send.  If you don’t post pictures, you will get a comment in your feedback.  We all want to see what you got, and senders all want to know that what they made & sent was appreciated.

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND DO NOT REPLY WITH IT HERE.

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap
Craftster username
Email address
Your real name
Mailing address including the country
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that are at least 18 years old (yes/no)

Any allergies?

Any allergens in your home (e.g. – smoke, pets, etc)?

What kinds of things are you interested in receiving?

What is the one thing you would absolutely LOVE more than anything to receive, if possible?

How would you describe your style?

If you were thin, what store(s)/brand(s) would you shop at but can’t now because they don’t have a plus size?

Is there anything you don't want to receive?

What kinds of crafts can you do?

What kinds of crafts do you admire, but can’t do?

What are your favorite colors/patterns?

What are your least favorite colors/patterns?

For wearable items, please enter sizes below:

Tops:

Bottoms:

Wrist:

Neck/necklace length:

Wrist length:

Or any others...

(your partner may PM you for more specific measurements, since you know how sizes vary)

What do you find most annoying about shopping/crafting for a plus size?

Are you happy at your weight?  Or are you trying to lose it?

Do you have a sense of humor about your weight?

Is there anything you might find offensive?

Do you have a wist or other stalkable places?

Do you have a camera or access to a camera? Can you post pictures?

Anything else you’d like your swap partner to know about your style, lifestyle, etc.?

Pop Quiz:

1. How many points are required in this swap?
   2. How often do you need to check in?
   3. What, specifically, must your swap package include?
   4. Repeat after me: I do solemnly swear to post pics of what I have received, or I understand that I will get a comment about it in my feedback.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

AFTER PEOPLE HAVE SIGNED UP AND BEEN APPROVED they will be listed here.

1.  donniesgirl
2.  lovesclutter
3.  DesignVigilante
4.  Feast Your Eyes
5.  AbsurdAnnekuh
6.  zombiekilla
7.  professionalpineapp le
8.  TheSexyTurtle
9.  Dolly Mixx
10. insane_aktor
11. tiffie1023
12. Liralen
13. Feverdream
14. Deadbathducky
15. TheSapphireMoon
16. kitkat_pro
17. Dragonflywer
18. Sherrie B, UT
19. beeker
20. FicklePegasus
21. gala_apples

Partners!
lovesclutter <---> TheSexyTurtle         
Dolly Mixx <---> Feverdream            
donniesgirl <---> FicklePegasus            
DesignVigilante <---> zombiekilla   
insane_aktor <---> Feast Your Eyes            
AbsurdAnnekuh <---> beeker            
Deadbathducky <---> kitkat_pro   
Dragonflywer <---> Sherrie B, UT             
tiffie1023   <---> gala_apples             
Liralen ---> professionalpineapp le ---> TheSapphireMoon ---> Liralen

Gallery!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=328967.0
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009 03:38:37 PM by donniesgirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

crazyda79

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009 08:41:07 AM »

YAY!  Signing up after work, is it 3:30 yet? LOL!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
50 projects in 2014 my list on page 54
35/50 swaps
43/50 friends/family
78/50 total
TheSapphireMoon

It's like a vacation for the mind, to leave the body behind...

Rockin' the baubles all around town...

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009 09:10:03 AM »

Wahoo!!!  I was hoping this swap would come to fruition Smiley  I have REALLY been getting into making clothes lately...and, being a plus size gal, of course they are definitely figure flattering!  I see signups have a good length, will be just enough time for me to finish up and send out on 2 swaps I have going on so I will have a free slot for this one.  Will be in here hopefully in about another week and a half!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ ♥ Zoe ♥ ~

In need of rainbow fabrics for a Teesha Moore tote, PM me to swap!

ETSY
http://thesapphiremoon.etsy.com
PINTEREST
http://www.pinterest.com/thesapphiremoon

Shop The Swap 62
50 Projects 2012
lovesclutter

Nothing is safe in its native form.

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2009 09:11:07 AM »

Just sent in my biography. Cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
TheSexyTurtle

Behold! The Kitten Helmet of Power!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2009 09:12:21 AM »

YAY!!!! will sign up for this one as soon as I get feed back from my other swaps...

I'm so excited about this I can hardly wait!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries"
-- A.A. Milne

http://wists.com/thesexyturtle
karmellah
Scrapbooker

Boo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2009 09:41:47 AM »

I wish i could join. i dont make clothing or anything like that. Im kind of sad. i was already planning out photographs to take and other little whimsey and stuff to make. maybe next round can be open to all crafts.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lovesclutter

Nothing is safe in its native form.

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2009 09:48:14 AM »

I wish i could join. i dont make clothing or anything like that. Im kind of sad. i was already planning out photographs to take and other little whimsey and stuff to make. maybe next round can be open to all crafts.

My understanding is you can embellish or recon an existing piece. I don't make clothing except for dolls, but I'm signing up anyway. You could embroider on a t-shirt, bag, or undies or whatever. You could make a scarf/hat or something.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
donniesgirl

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2009 10:31:22 AM »

Wahoo!!!  I was hoping this swap would come to fruition   I have REALLY been getting into making clothes lately...and, being a plus size gal, of course they are definitely figure flattering!  I see signups have a good length, will be just enough time for me to finish up and send out on 2 swaps I have going on so I will have a free slot for this one.  Will be in here hopefully in about another week and a half!

Your bracelets are awesome too!

My understanding is you can embellish or recon an existing piece. I don't make clothing except for dolls, but I'm signing up anyway. You could embroider on a t-shirt, bag, or undies or whatever. You could make a scarf/hat or something.

Yep - doesn't have to be sewn from scratch.  I would totally go for decorated t-shirts.  I saw this awesome t-shirt at a mall recently I fell in love with and of course it only went up to a large.  Tongue  Also, I have done iron on transfers from photos or graphic art images on the web.  In fact, I did a circle patchwork skirts with that technique for a Jim Henson/Muppet swap (in my profile).  Just one idea for making photos "wearable," karmellah.  Smiley
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009 10:34:20 AM by donniesgirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

AbsurdAnnekuh

The KUH is silent.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2009 10:31:35 AM »

I'm a little hesitant to sign up with just how strong the emphasis on posting ever single week is.  I am a lurker by nature and will sometimes skip a week as I feel that I have nothing to say and would strongly object to having a mark made in my feedback just because I'm not as chatty as some folks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist - http://www.wists.com/AbsurdAnnekuh

I love personal swaps.
donniesgirl

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2009 10:38:42 AM »

I'm a little hesitant to sign up with just how strong the emphasis on posting ever single week is.  I am a lurker by nature and will sometimes skip a week as I feel that I have nothing to say and would strongly object to having a mark made in my feedback just because I'm not as chatty as some folks.

I've been pretty laid back about this in the past as I'm not necessarily that chit chatty but unfortunately, I've had a few flakers.  Or people who have gone on vacation for a week or two right around sendout deadlines without telling me or their partner whether they have sent or that they were going to be out of reach.  I just want to make sure that your partner (and I) don't think you've fallen off the face of the earth.  It doesn't have to be a long post, but I would like people to stay in touch.  Particularly since this swap has a long crafting period.

I also had a question PM-ed about use of the points system, and why didn't I just make it a large, a medium, and a small.  If you want to do a large, medium, small, that's totally fine with me.  I was leaving it open in case you wanted to do 2 large items. 
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009 10:42:48 AM by donniesgirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 40 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to make a Vegetable Egg Bake Recipe
Cheezy Quackers Recipe
How to Make Gourmet Mac and Cheese
How to Make Homemade Potato Chips
How to Make Grilled Turkey Burgers
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...