A few weeks ago I found some really cool floral fabric at a second hand shop, it was only $2 so I snapped it up, deciding to make a dress now that the weather has hotted up nicely.
Then I thought, if I make it in class I can hand it in for one of my assignments...that was due in april. Ooops.
So, killing two birds with one stone here, a super cute dress for myself, and one step closer to finishing all my work! Woohoo.
I had the tiniest amount of fabric..it was 120cm wide, and 90 long. Thank god I'm so small or it would have never worked, There was no fabric left over when I was finished. I was orignally planning on making the skirt a bit fuller, but couldn't.
All the pattern work, as usual is done by me. It took me a day and a half to do the pattern, and a day and a half to construct it. It would have been quicker buuuuttt, the zip I put in was too short, and I had to practically dislocate my shoulder to get it on. Had to unpick that and put a longer one in butttttt...it twisted, so I had to unpick it AGAIN and it finally worked. It's an invisible zip up the center back.
Umm, I think that's all I have to say about it, except for I did binding tape around the neck and armholes because I didn't want to line it or make facings. I was really happy to find tape that matched the colour of the flowers of the print.
And now onto the pictures!
('Finally' you say..)
And because I'm a huge poser...