Swap name: Fulled Sweater Craft Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: ptarmic wumpus
Sign-up date range: Sept 18 -> Oct 9 2009
Date to send item by: Nov 7 2009
Limited to a certain number of people? 24
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
Age requirement? 16+
Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: N/A
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- Participant lives in the United States: NO
- If no, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES
Details of swap:
Did you accidentally run your favorite wool sweater through the washer on "hot"? Do you lurk in the sweater aisle of the thrift store, searching for that large size cashmere sweater on 50% off day? This swap is for items crafted out of fulled (aka felted) sweaters - think coasters, purses, stuffies, mittens, applique, whatever suits your fancy. This is not a swap for knitting, crocheting, or for wet/needle felting, unless these techniques are employed using a fulled sweater as a major component (so needlefelting embellishments onto a chopped up fulled sweater is fine). Any fulled wool repurposed item can be used as material - for example scarves, hats, blankets, etc - the key ingredients here are "fulled" and "repurposed". This is a swap of *crafted* items, not just sending a shrunken sweater to your partner. We will be crafting 1 medium and 2 small items for this swap.
Please note that Delivery Confirmation is REQUIRED
if you are shipping domestically within the USA. If you are shipping internationally, you must save a copy of your shipping receipt. Failure to do so will be noted in the comments section of your feedback. Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide
to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.
Instructions for fulling a sweater:http://blog.betzwhite.com/2006/05/refashioning-sweaters-part-1.html
If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: Fulled Sweater Swap
Your real name
Mailing address including the country
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that are at least 16 years old (yes/no)
Do you want to spoil your partner/be spoiled yourself?
Do you have any allergies?
Do you have any allergens in your household (pets, smoking, etc)?
What are your favorite/least favorite colors?
Any types of sweaters that you particularly love or hate (argyle, mohair, etc)?
What kinds of things would you like to receive?
What kinds of things would you like to craft?
IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.
ptarmic wumpus - ScotSkipper402
lydiaharper - zcrafter
korok - lunamadre