A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,195
Currently Running With Scissors:
633 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fall wardrobes for my DS and DD {img heavy}  (Read 1115 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

StacyCK
« on: September 16, 2009 01:05:24 PM »

I still have a stack of fabric waiting to be sewn up, but here is what I have so far (mostly made in September - I was on vacation from work last week and sewed- but some I made in August).  Most of my daughter's clothes I drafted up patterns and most of my son's stuff I used either a big pattern company or Ottobre Designs patterns...usually with modifications, though.

Cute little white jacket that I drafted.  It has a flounce in the back.

Crossfront dresses with matching leggings.  It is intended to wear the leggings with it, so I didn't make it very long.  It's just a comfy outfit, so I didn't want the dress to get in the way.

This one has minkee on it.

Both these leggings match the dress.

I drafted this dress as a sleeveless one this summer, so I added sleeves.  

Chasing Fireflies has a lot of fun and highly overpriced merchandise, but great to look at for inspiration.  I really liked this dress and thought it was pretty cute.  Here is my attempt at duplicating it in my own way.

I elongated and a-lined a basic long-sleeved t-shirt pattern.  Then I cut a few tiers into the pattern and added seam allowances.  I only did the tiers on the front, but I should have done both the front and the back.  It would have been easier that way.  Yet again I made it too wide, so I added shirring to the back.  This dress is a bit heavy with all the ruffles, so if I were to do it again I wouldn't ruffle so much.  I also added puff sleeves, and a cute little ruffle placket with ribbon on it.  I'm pretty happy with how it turned out and it should definitely fit her two years in a row.

Then this outfit is an attempt to use up bits of minkee that weren't enough for a single use.  It's the same crossfront dress and leggings from before.  I just made the leggings a little wider as the minkee doesn't have as much stretch as a knit.  The floral fabric is a printed sweatshirt fabric.  I thought it was a fun print, but was having a time coming up with something to make out of it. I did this design a bit different with the colors, but I think it's cute.   Smiley

This next item is an embroidery I did on a car trip this summer.  I traced out one of my drawings with a fabric pencil on this Old Navy plain knit shirt.  In order to keep it from stretching too much, I put Stitch n Tear behind the drawing and placed it in a small embroidery hoop.  Next, was about 12 hourson and offof work.  Yeah, Im sure she really appreciates how long it took. Wink  I forgot the papers I had printed off of the different stitches, so I did it from memory.  There are some not so good areas, but overall I like how it turned out.  This is post-washing after the first wearthankfully the stain came out.  Yeahdidnt take her long!

The top is from Simplicity 3714 and the bottoms I drafted myself.  The fabric is a type of fleece and was a PITA to sew.  It stretched quite a bit and putting the zipper in was a treat.  It is a bit off, but good 'nuff!  The applique on the back is my artwork on a printed fabric sheet from Michael's.  I'm hoping it is colorfast...I've used some in the past that were.

This next outfit I made at some point this spring, and found it when I cleaned up my sewing room. :p  I can't remember what pattern I used - the fabric is knit and minky.

Now for the boy stuff.

These next few outfits are Ottobre or the knit top and basic fleece pants.  I added things like cuffs and pockets.  These will be wonderfully comfy for my often cold boy.

Fleece zip up shirt.  I added a design I drew and printed on a fabric sheet to the back.

This last one is a Mei Tai I made for a baby shower.  I always make them with a silk panel on front and with a carrying bag. I've made at least 60 and I'm so tired of making them but the moms always really want one and appreciate them.

Thats it for now!  I am still working on it.  My DS needs a few more pants and I want to make some more knit dresses for my daughter.  

Thanks for looking! Smiley
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009 12:11:42 PM by StacyCK » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Pamcake1323
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009 01:11:07 PM »

Shocked   I always love to look at the clothes you make! I love your work. Grin Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fionamomof2

SunShine & DayDreams

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009 01:37:31 PM »

You had me all the way up to the Packers outfit <g>. Beautiful stuff as ususal!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
threegirlsandaboy
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2009 02:16:58 PM »

Holy cow, I'm blown away!  Everything is fantastic as usual!! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
StacyCK
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2009 03:13:21 PM »

Thanks so much!  Grin

You had me all the way up to the Packers outfit <g>. Beautiful stuff as ususal!

Dude, what's wrong with the Packers??  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
prettyfloralbonnet
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2009 05:17:17 PM »

What lucky kids.  Those are so cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I used to be strictly a yarn girl but now I'm teaching myself to sew.  Help! Smiley

My family's crafty blog: http://chimpsgomoo.wordpress.com
dreamboat
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2009 11:51:26 AM »

Thanks for sharing! I'm in the midst of getting my daughter's fall/winter wardrobe done. Looking at yours is a great motivator!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RainbowDash
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2009 12:24:16 PM »

wow, lovely stuff! i wish i had time to make my kids that much too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sleepy Owl
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2009 06:15:43 PM »

Wow, nice work!   They all look great, but think the first jacket and dress are my favorites!   
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a dabbler.  I know just a bit about almost everything, but expert at nothing.  Working on that though.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Five Things The Social Network Got Wrong
Doug Jaeger on How to Create Collaborative Film Project Teams
Behind the Scenes of Montana Fare
What Is a Timelapse Video
How to Stage a Hit and Run Using Special Effects
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...