A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 305,873
Currently Running With Scissors:
472 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Easy-Peasy 3 Point Halloween Swap Gallery!  (Read 17874 times)
Tags for this thread: movie_monsters  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cute_anarchy
« Reply #110 on: October 08, 2009 03:05:48 PM »

...the purse lining, which I LOVE for so many reasons, I can wear the purse and look like a completely normal person, because only I know Its lined with undead kitties! hahahahah! ...

Zombiekilla, I'm so glad you liked the purse lining - I wanted it to be this little secret creepiness, and I had such fun bloodying up the kitties!  It was my first time using that pattern, so there are things I would have tweaked if I'd known, but I hope it works for you!

And wow, Phoenixfiredesigns, the shrine is super cute, and I love the picture frame too - what fun to challenge yourself to something different!  I'm sure your partner loves it! 

And Sewhappysue, that dolly is so sweet, I just want to hug her.  And totally jealous of Kimmy's cozy new scarf, and Geek Love's new blankie - you guys will be warm this fall.  Great stuff from everybody!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a medium aged procrastinator, with a room full of craft supplies! 

I've got a wist and a pinterest: http://www.wists.com/cute_anarchy 
v3nu5
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: October 08, 2009 03:12:08 PM »

Awesome packages! Love the scarf and the crazy hair doll.

That blanket does look cozy, and that bag Rocks (hard)!

Makes me want to do this swap all over again! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Thenutmeg2000

If sense were common, Everybody would have some..

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #112 on: October 08, 2009 08:50:43 PM »

I am totally glad you loved your goodies Kim! I crocheted that scarf for you out of pretty fall colored wool/soy silk. So, do hand wash carefully and lay falt to dry. I remember you said you didn't crochet or knit and I could so I thought why the heck not! And then I saw the yarn in the store and it really made me happy so I knew it would be perfect. I crochet faster than I knit and can do it without looking (or much cursing) so I am totally pleased you love it. Thanks for the action shot too! There is a big bookstore next to the craft store ( crafts, books and coffee in 1 building,pppffftt they might as well rob me) and saw a cool magazine by Interweave Press that I had never seen called Cloth, Paper, scissors..and there were TONS of Halloween things in it to craft. Thats where your doll came from. ANd her crazy hair is mohair locks that I sometimes add to spinning my own yarns.. She was like a sweet voodoo dolly.

There really were some super great packages in this swap. We really have such talented people here on craftster and we are lucky that they all like to share with use. I am still blown away at the Wednesday Addams dolly. I also thought the man-beast with the horns modeling the cute dead kitty bag was awesome too! I love when our men love our crafts too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nikimac

28 and life to go

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: October 08, 2009 09:25:13 PM »

I got my package from donniesgirl today and I can't believe how well she combined everything I love!  Halloween?  Check.  Robin's egg blue?  Check.  Baking?  Check.  Star Wars?  Check.  Oh yes.  She made me a robin's egg blue apron with pumpkin print ruffles and a Death Star patch.  Plus a precious double-sided headband with orange plaid print and candy corn print.  And to go with the apron, a lovely Halloween potholder.  Plus some sweet treats (my husband's totally using the wax mustache for his costume!).  Thanks so much!!

« Last Edit: October 08, 2009 09:26:01 PM by nikimac » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love planning parties - come to me if you need any ideas!
riffsrevenge
« Reply #114 on: October 08, 2009 11:22:44 PM »

you should hostess a halloween dinner party lol!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mokba43
« Reply #115 on: October 09, 2009 05:21:02 AM »

That apron is awesome!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
donniesgirl
« Reply #116 on: October 09, 2009 06:56:54 AM »

So glad you liked everything!  Believe it or not, the Death Star is actually an image of a jack o'lantern someone carved as the Death Star & I made it into an iron on.  Smiley  To go with the pumpkin theme.   It's probably computer modified (who carves that well?) but I knew I had to use it when I saw it!   Grin
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009 06:58:30 AM by donniesgirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting cotton Hawaiian fabric scraps for a quilt if you wanted to send any my way!
http://www.pinterest.com/donniesgirrl
SpookyPooky
~Where monsters and Wonderland come to life~

I myself am, strange and unusual.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: October 09, 2009 08:00:19 AM »

That's such a creative and awesome touch to use the pumpkin carving to make it fit Halloween and her love of Star Wars! Great package!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nikimac

28 and life to go

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: October 09, 2009 08:11:43 AM »

It's a very pumpkiny Death Star whether or not it's been touched up on the computer.  I love it!  It's such an interesting material, though, and I was wondering what you made it out of.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love planning parties - come to me if you need any ideas!
donniesgirl
« Reply #119 on: October 09, 2009 08:58:09 AM »

It's a t-shirt transfer on regular white cotton, that I then machine appliqued onto the apron.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting cotton Hawaiian fabric scraps for a quilt if you wanted to send any my way!
http://www.pinterest.com/donniesgirrl
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
Ruth Reichl Talks About Her New Book
Andrew D. Kaufman on Tolstoy and War and Peace
Top 10 Notes: The Old Man and the Sea
Bruce Allen Murphy: The Book That Changed My Life
Christopher Leonard: The Book That Changed My Life
Latest Blog Articles
Hedgies!
Meatless Monday: Bean Burgers
@Home This Weekend: Vermicomposting

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...