A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,712
Currently Running With Scissors:
421 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Retro Tabistry Bucket Hat and Handbag made of Can Tabs  (Read 3355 times)
Tags for this thread: tabistry , hat , purse , pop_tab  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mieljolie
« on: September 13, 2009 07:44:13 PM »

Just finished this hat and purse set while working on a Tabistry hat tutorial and had a bit of fun with the pics.  The hat was made to show progress pics for the tutorial.  I made the purse to use up the remaining scraps.  It took many many tabs to make both and just about all of 3 different colored t-shirts.  I have the three neckbands and a small scrap of blue left.  The purse has two styles of strap and bottlecap closure buttons.  Not sure which handle I prefer.  Probably the shoulder strap.

To see more pics (in color) and to hear more about these items, see check out my blog here.  I'd love to hear comments.  Thanks for looking.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hadassah
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009 10:16:58 PM »

That's really cute! I LOVE your can tab corset on your blog! It's beautiful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bat057
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009 05:41:28 AM »

That is so beautiful!!  I have tried "Tabistry" and it is SOOO time consuming.  Congratulations on finishing yours.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mieljolie
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009 06:16:27 AM »

Thanks, Hadassah and bat057.  I can't believe it's already been over 2 years since we started all this.  I agree, Tabistry is very time consuming.  I'd never make any money doing this for a living, that's for sure.  Smiley  But I really enjoy it while I sit and watch movies or wait for things to load on the computer.  I take them in a ziplock bag with me when we travel, too.  I like to keep my hands busy.

Mieljolie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

threegirlsandaboy
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009 07:32:54 AM »

Wow, those are fantastic!!  I love the little girl's hat on your blog too!  I'm astounded at your patience!   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mieljolie
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2009 07:21:04 AM »

Thanks, threegirlsandaboy.  My girl now wants a new hat.  I think she's growing away from pink.  I'll have to start a new one for her after Christmas.  She also wants me to try making a back pack, which might be interesting to do.  Wish me luck on that.  I've got ample patience and lots of tabs.  Now I just need so time!  Anyone have any to spare.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Cajun Shrimp Scampi
How to Make Mouth-Watering Memorial Day Burgers
Perfect Picnic Rosemary Potato Salad Recipe
How to Grill Up a Tasty Turkey Bruschetta Burger
3 Great Ways to Grill Your Breakfast
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...