A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 296,703
Currently Running With Scissors:
733 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Boxed Cake Mix  (Read 2467 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Kay Bee
« on: September 12, 2009 07:32:06 AM »

What are your favorite additions to a boxed cake mix to make it better?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
polkadotts

Life is good when your HEART's in the right place

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2009 07:39:42 AM »

My daughter and I love to make cake mix cookies, add pecans or walnuts to a double chocolate cake mix, 2 eggs, 1/2 cup of oil, scoop as you would normal cookies and bake.  OMGness just A W E S O M E!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

What's better than Pink, Butterflies, Glitter, Mermaids, Fairies & Angels......NOTHING!!!
Time to load up the Unicorn and head to the rainbow!!!
Kay Bee
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2009 07:52:07 AM »

Oh! That sounds amazing!  Grin

My father's 50th birthday is tomorrow, so I am trying to find some good things to do with the cake mixes I have. This would be a great way to surprise him with something different
THIS ROCKS   Logged
polkadotts

Life is good when your HEART's in the right place

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2009 04:48:41 PM »

Oh! That sounds amazing!  Grin

My father's 50th birthday is tomorrow, so I am trying to find some good things to do with the cake mixes I have. This would be a great way to surprise him with something different

They are really really good, we've tried several different types of cake mix cookies, and my daughter has even sold some at school.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

What's better than Pink, Butterflies, Glitter, Mermaids, Fairies & Angels......NOTHING!!!
Time to load up the Unicorn and head to the rainbow!!!
SimplyFabulous!
My home away from home

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2009 07:48:35 PM »

One of my most favorite things is Jello Cake.  After you bake your cake (white or yellow looks the best), let it cook, poke holes all over the top with a fork.  Prepare your jello like normal, then pour it on the cake.  Let it chill for several hours.  Then frost with Cool Whip. 

If you are making a cake to decorate, this is a great recipe.  Use Betty Crocker white cake mix.  Mix in 1/4 cup flour, 1 1/3 cups water, 1/4 cup canola oil, 1 tsp almond extract, and 3 egg whites.  It comes out real firm and just delicious.

My mom used to make a delicious cake.  She would take a box of chocolate cake mix and add a package of chocolate instant pudding and a can of cherries.  It was so moist.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The most wasted of all days is one without laughter.  -ee cummings
donniesgirl
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2009 08:38:26 PM »

Ooh I love white cake mix with the lemon jello or strawberry jello.  We do it unfrosted & it's good that way too.  Smiley

One of my most favorite things is Jello Cake.  After you bake your cake (white or yellow looks the best), let it cook, poke holes all over the top with a fork.  Prepare your jello like normal, then pour it on the cake.  Let it chill for several hours.  Then frost with Cool Whip. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Glass Fire
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2009 07:47:37 AM »

If I'm just trying to jazz up a cake, I like adding a little orange extract to the cake mix. It's so tasty! Or I'll add peppermint extract and I'll top the frosting with some crushed up peppermints. The ones that come in the individual little plastic? Yeah, those. So tasty!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

[Blog: Rated T for True Life] An insight into the lives of teenagers.
DeliaRana
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2009 10:22:19 AM »

I like to add a full container of icing to the batter.  Then bake as usual.  The icing makes the cake very sweet, so I like using the low sugar cake mix.  Any flavor combo can be used.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kay Bee
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2009 04:30:08 PM »

I like to add a full container of icing to the batter.  Then bake as usual.  The icing makes the cake very sweet, so I like using the low sugar cake mix.  Any flavor combo can be used.

Sounds very rich! Dad would absolutely love a chocolate cake with chocolate icing added with chocolate icing on the outside. Can you say chocoholic? Ha - what is the texture of the cake when it is made this way?

THIS ROCKS   Logged
DeliaRana
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2009 06:47:07 PM »

It makes the cake a little more moist. 

I like chocolate fudge cake mix with chocolate fudge icing in the batter.  I then use homemade cream cheese icing and cherry pie filling on top.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Change Eye Color in Photoshop Cs4
How to Make an Easy Quick Wallpaper in Photoshop Cs4
How to Change Colors on Objects in Photoshop Cs4
How to Make a Cool Custom Myspace Layout in Photoshop Cs4 Part 1/5
How to Make a Cool Custom Myspace Layout in Photoshop Cs4 Part 2/5
Latest Blog Articles
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...