A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 296,697
Currently Running With Scissors:
440 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Beautiful Mess Peyote Stitch Cuff  (Read 8145 times)
Tags for this thread: cuff , beaded  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

JAM4ever
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2009 03:40:07 PM »

Mihana,
This bracelet is stunning.  You do things with peyote stitch that blow my mind.
Totally hitting THIS ROCKS!
Jill

Jill, thank you so much!  I had a difficult time with this one, it was a lot of fun, but not very accommodating to how I thought it should be :-P.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

JAM4ever
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2009 04:35:12 PM »

OMG that's got to be my favorite piece I've seen of yours so far! If you had any problems with it looking straight enough, you can't tell from any of the pictures. Looks great to me. It's a pretty blue, but I can SO see it in other "pop" colors. You should do more of these!!

Thank Jojo, I agree that pop colors would be really cool.  I've been stuck in winter colors lately and it's NOT EVEN WINTER yet!!!  Goodness.  I'm thinking, black hot pink and lime green might snap me out of this funk :-P
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AmysSculpturalBeading

www.sculpturalbeading.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2009 05:23:46 PM »

It looks symmetrical enough to me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.sculpturalbeadi ng.com

I like personal swaps!
Aliped

Only dead fish go with the flow ....

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2009 06:06:55 PM »

This is absolutely stunning. I just went on Google to look up Peyote. You've inspired me.

ME TOO!

First google, then etsy.  Now I really want to try this .....

They are seed beads right?

Now that I think about it, seed beeds are relatively cheap, compared to a lot of craft supplies (resin, glass etching cream, fabric etc) - wow, now I am really excited!  A new craft that looks awesome, but won't break the bank.  I don't know how I could have not known about peyote before .... Now I'm really excited!

Thanks JAM4ever!

I also looked at the other stuff you have posted - everything looks amazing.  I wonder, did it take years and years for you to get this good?

Thanks for the inspration, hope you have a great weekend. Grin Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged
JAM4ever
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2009 06:27:06 PM »

This is absolutely stunning. I just went on Google to look up Peyote. You've inspired me.

ME TOO!

First google, then etsy.  Now I really want to try this .....

They are seed beads right?

Now that I think about it, seed beeds are relatively cheap, compared to a lot of craft supplies (resin, glass etching cream, fabric etc) - wow, now I am really excited!  A new craft that looks awesome, but won't break the bank.  I don't know how I could have not known about peyote before .... Now I'm really excited!

Thanks JAM4ever!

I also looked at the other stuff you have posted - everything looks amazing.  I wonder, did it take years and years for you to get this good?

Thanks for the inspration, hope you have a great weekend. Grin Grin

Hey Aliped, thank you so much!  This is a relatively inexpensive craft (I know what you are talking about, I'm an avid, cross stitcher, crocehter, sketch artist, and pretty much anything else I can get my hands on), but beads have held my interest for the longest.  If I can recommend that you spend a little extra money on better quality beads, you will be so much happier with your creations.  Aiko Toho beads are wonderful, and of course Delica's take the cake!  Artbeads.com has some great prices on delica's and I tend to buy my Toho beads from an ebayer that I've used many many times.  PM me if you want her info.

Peyote takes patience, but is definitely doable.  Don't get frustrated with your first couple of attempts--it gets 100 times easier the more you do it, just keep at it!  It does not take long to get the hang of it, especially if you are artistically inclined, which pretty much every DIY crafter is. 

If I can help you out at all, let me know!  Have a wonderful weekend, and HAPPY BEADING!  :-D

~Mihana
THIS ROCKS   Logged

suesues
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2009 07:05:47 PM »

I don't know squat about beading, so, that kind of looks like magic to me  Shocked Love the overlapping, and the asymmetry is awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
JAM4ever
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2009 07:10:29 PM »

I don't know squat about beading, so, that kind of looks like magic to me  Shocked Love the overlapping, and the asymmetry is awesome!

Thanks suesues!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mibismogger
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2009 09:58:59 PM »

I love how geometric it looks
THIS ROCKS   Logged

As opposed to a revolver, I use a sharpened pencil to displace my brains. I gently squeeze the trigger and splatter the page with metaphor
floatingmoon
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2009 12:17:49 AM »

OMG, this is stunning, I am just wordless.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We see the throns of the others, but we cannot see the log of timber in our eyes.
katcal

Callie the Reindeer!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2009 03:05:13 AM »

Fab, feel free to send it my way  Wink

I love your designs they are all great
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Vintage Baby Hat Part 5/10
How to Crochet a Vintage Baby Hat Part 3/10
How to Crochet a Vintage Baby Hat Part 2/10
How to Crochet a Vintage Baby Hat Part 1/10
How to Crochet a Vintage Baby Hat Part 10/10
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...