A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 303,936
Currently Running With Scissors:
718 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My Wedding Thread!  (Read 6486 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

PepsiTwist
« on: September 11, 2009 12:55:07 PM »

Making Myself (hopefully)
~Centerpieces
~Jewelry for Bridesmaids (Pearls)
~Food
~Bridesmaid and groomsmen gifts
~Parents Gift

~Play-list
~Boutonnieres
~Corsages

Kinda tried to compile a list everything we would need and costs...

We still need (all estimated costs):

Gifts: $15.00 left to go...
Food/Drinks: $300.00
Sparkling Cider: $6.00
Photographer: $121 (left to pay)
Flower Girl Dress: $30.00

TOTAL of everything we still need: $472.00

This is the cake my aunt and I will be making!

These are the centerpieces I am wanting to do (although with yellow roses and clear blue gemstones...)

This is the dress that I will be getting!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260706231063&var=560018677997&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Thought I would share a few pics of things we already have...
I bought three of these bouquets from an ebayer for $58.85

Favor Bags

« Last Edit: February 19, 2011 07:18:59 PM by PepsiTwist » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Severed Ties
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009 10:10:54 PM »

Wow you're getting married in college? I'm going to college next year and I couldn't imagine getting married in the next few years. However, I think it's super cute that you are  Smiley

When is your wedding going to be? I hope your budget works out alright. Keep us posted!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PepsiTwist
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2009 02:26:26 PM »

Holy Cow I was in complete shock when I saw someone responded to this!! Thanks!  Grin

I have been dating him since 9th grade (March 12, 2006) and we will be getting married March 12, 2011, so when we get married we will have been together for exactly 5 years and we will both be 20.

I do agree, getting married in college is not the best option for some, but we have pretty much always known we wanted to be together and I am pretty frugal as is, so planning a "cheap" wedding seems fun to me  Roll Eyes lol. I have had a ton of fun planning it though. One of the main reasons we decided to go ahead and get married while in college is finances, once we are married there will be a ton more scholarships and aid available to us (well me mostly, they say my parents are supporting me, although they are not, and in Florida and apparently north Carolina too, they go off what your parents make and not what you make). I actually know of four other couples getting married in the next year or so (one this coming January!) that are also in college (although she is one of those situations that really should wait, she has been with him for almost a year!  Huh and she wants to marry him already! I feel for her) Anyways I realize I got a bit off topic. Thanks so much for replying back, I finally feel noticed after 400 views!  Grin
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009 02:27:59 PM by PepsiTwist » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Severed Ties
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2009 05:35:04 PM »

Aw, you're welcome.  Smiley
I was also surprised no one else posted.
I've been dating my boyfriend for almost 2 and a half years, since sophomore year. I know it's too early to seriously talk about marriage but we'd both like to eventually. Getting married on your anniversary is the cutest idea ^_^ I'm sure people do that all the time but I never even thought about it hehe.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
katara
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2009 04:20:05 AM »

Those center pieces are absolutely stunning!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PepsiTwist
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2009 02:18:34 PM »

Aren't they? I searched for hours until I found something I loved! I especially love that everything I need for them can be found at the dollartree and still look just as beautiful!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
EmblematicTurtle
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2009 10:33:30 AM »

I feel for you. I too am getting married while in college. Well not really. My fiance and I are graduating this may and we are getting married in June. We thought it would be nice to get married here before we leave our quaint little college town. It is hard financially. Finding beautiful things at really low prices is really difficult. I did want to tell you a few things that you might not know about the basic etiquette rules of weddings. Groomsman are supposed to pay for their own tux rentals and the ring bearers parents are supposed to pay for his tux. Also the bridesmaids should pay for their own dresses even if you are making them (i too am using the infinity dress pattern). The exceptions to the basic rules are if you are giving the dresses as gifts or something like that. Not that you have to follow these rules its just what is universally followed and it might help you with your budget if you scoot some of the payments off on other people. Don't you think paying fifty dollars to be a part of someones wedding is more than fair since they are paying for gifts, flowers and food?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PepsiTwist
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2009 08:41:36 PM »

Yeh I only wish it were that simple with ours. My bridesmaids have never paid for a thing in their lives, they always mooch off of their parents (who can't afford it, so they mooch off their parents...) and the groomsmen are complete opposites they have always had to make it on their own and are still struggling. I might work up the courage to ask them to help at least with renting their tuxes but I'm such a push over...

Let me know how your wedding turns out, we'd all love to see pics.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Haylie
Tutorial Contributor

Silly and Crafty!

Proud Army National Guard Wife!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2010 04:33:06 PM »

Looks great!  I'm super impressed with how little you're spending - my fiance and I are still in college (well, he's graduating next month - SO proud!!) and together with our parents we'll spend at least double your budget!  So a huge congrats to you on that!!

Can't wait to see how it all turns out... what's the wedding date?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster needs you!

I love my husband!
<3 Cullen & Haylie - August 27, 2010 <3
hawtmamah
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2010 07:57:33 AM »

we have a similar budget for our wedding as well! Smiley love those centerpieces!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Work With Layers in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
How to Save the Selections in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
How to Refine the Selection Edge in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
How to Use the Quick Selection Tool in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
How to Use Magic Wand Tool in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart
Craft Challenge #103 Announced - Foodie Frenzy 2
How to Make Tshirt Rugs

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...