A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,923
Currently Running With Scissors:
620 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Harry Potter Swap 6 Gallery  (Read 10320 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ariaya
Craft-a-holic

What your heart thinks is great, is great.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: September 11, 2009 09:41:52 AM »

~ Harry Potter 6 ~
~ Gallery ~

Original Thread: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=313913.0

People have sent!  Post your goodies here when you get them!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009 09:43:41 AM by ariaya » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Victoria
~ What your heart thinks is great, is great. ~
~ What Your Heart Thinks Blog ~ Twitter ~
SpecialKRJ

I want so much more than they've got planned

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009 06:55:41 PM »

Well, I took my package to send it off, and when I got home, there was another box waiting for me from cursivequeen. Yay! So many goodies!

I had to take this picture first because these aren't going to last very long around me. If you can't tell from the picture, that's a bag of blood pops, some fudge flies, and a package of Drooble's Best Blowing Gum (which says it'll turn my mouth blue! Mwahaha!)

What you can't tell in the picture because I am a horrible photographer is that the bottles have etched onto them "Felix Felicis" and "Polly Juice Potion." Yay!  (By the way, luck tastes very much like food-colored lemonade. I don't recommend the Polly Juice, though. It tastes like it came from some dye solutions I had left over. Probably because it did.)

My partner's mom isn't a Potter geek, but she crocheted me these cute little potion bottles and trinket boxes. My mom threatened to steal the pink one from me, so it's currently in hiding.

School spirit for the win! Crocheted Gryffindor scarf and Gryffindor crest gloves, heck yeah!

Hogwarts Journal! This is cute, it's got little pages with stuff for you to fill in.

Hogwarts students gotta study! Good thing someone wrote little helpful notes in this copy....

This's just an awesome idea. It's a hogwarts cook book, with awesome recipes. Treacle tart, ton-tongue toffee, and my personal favorite... Volde-torte.

This is probably one of my favorite things that I got. I told cursivequeen that I loved the third book of the series the best, and that my favorite scene was the false climax in the shrieking shack with Snape and Lupin and Sirius. So what does she do? She makes me this gorgeous tote with an absolutely beautiful image of the Shrieking Shack on it. <3 LOVE it. So much.

So there's me posted! And now, I'm going to go spoil my dinner with some fudge flies!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

never_more
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009 08:40:07 PM »

So many fun goodies! I love the shrieking shack bag, the third book's my favorite too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The purpose of art is to give shape to life."
William Shakespeare
irockmysocksoff
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009 10:49:08 PM »

I received and wrote my entire post, with pics, but photobucket is being difficult. Will post again when I can fix it!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009 10:50:21 PM by irockmysocksoff » THIS ROCKS   Logged
JennaDickes

Oh so tragically hip

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2009 10:57:13 AM »

I love the shrieking shack illustration, the third movie was my favorite.

It looks like CursiveQueen and I thought alike for one of those ideas...  Cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged

irockmysocksoff
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2009 01:18:35 PM »

Aaaahhh Edwards1, how do I love thee, haha! I received last night, what an amazing surprise to come home to after an unexpected day at work (I wasn't supposed to work, then out of nowhere my manager asked me to come in in an hour, so, SO sorry Edwards1 but I had to postpone the send out once again but here are pics as proof that I have it all boxed up and ready to go, however I am considering re-doing did redo the covering on the outside of the box because it is a reused box:

!!!(I wrote this all last night, so an update, I am literally just about to leave my house to take it to the post office)

Anywho... Here is the amazing package I received from edwards1:
My letter:

With official Hogwarts crest :]  =

Signed by none other than Mr. Potter himself (I love him)=

Everything together:

Now, solo shots (in order they were in in the letter:
"From Hermione:Since she no longer makes hats for S.P.E.W, she was longing to make something for you.  She knows how much she loved our scarves we had while in Hogwarts, so she figured you would enjoy one just as much."
Boy, she has NO idea how much  I enjoy this baby! Is is HUGE and thick, and will be perfect in these Minnesota winters. I am wearing it right now actually because I am cold, and it is PERFECT!

And by the way I have secretly always wanted one, I never had it wisted it, but I wanted one BAD. Guess we know who I am going to be for Halloween :]

NEXT: From Ron:He was getting tired of Pig's friends so he decided to let one tag along for the ride and deliver your package.  But, it was too big for him to carry. So, he just jumped inside" And attached to him was a letter:

it says: The owl wasn't really responsible enough to carry your package. So we gave him a fake letter to make himself feel important.  He will be expecting a payment though. Just humor him." [I didn't get a very good pic of him]

Next is from Ginny:She decided to make you a small magical looking bag.  She also made you a necklace with a little bit of a warning on it that she takes personally.

And, wait, whats this inside the bag??

YAY!!! Also wearing that right now :]
From Mrs, Weasley: She couldn't resist making something for your box as well. She knitted a little something to show your Gryffindor spirit."    It is already on my bed ready to be used I used it last night, and it is comfy! Also, Edwards1, my mom, who never compliments anything, said that your work looked very professional, and she likes it and the scarf a lot!

And last, but not least, something from edwards1: "I recently found something of Dumbledore's that I thought I would add to the package as well.  He would have wanted you to have it."
(It took me literally an hour to take a pic of this:

AND ----
---GRYFFINDOR----
---WINS!!!
Then Toby sniffed it:
Sorry for the ridiculously long post. I love my partner, she is amazing! I think I should change my username to Edwards1rocksmysocksoff :]

OOPS: almost forgot one! A DA painting! This will definitely have a home in my room!!!!
Funny story about this actually- I looked at it and was like "What the heck is DA.  Then my mom took it and looked at it, and I asked (outloud this time) :"What the heck is DA" When I said those letters out loud, it clicked, Dumbledore's Army. And my mom goes "Duh, Jordan. It says so right here, and points to the bottom where it says, quite clearly, "Dumbledore's Army". Smiley Dumb moment of the day

Thanks soo much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ariaya
Craft-a-holic

What your heart thinks is great, is great.

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2009 01:20:57 PM »

Wow!  Fantastic packages to start off the gallery!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Victoria
~ What your heart thinks is great, is great. ~
~ What Your Heart Thinks Blog ~ Twitter ~
Staar84
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2009 07:37:38 PM »

I received an AWESOME package yesterday, and I will post pictures tomorrow. Prepare to be jealous Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wist

Hi, my name is Erin and I'm addicted to swapping...

International Snack Swap
Star Trek V
One Tiny Monster Swap
Lolo_
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2009 08:28:14 PM »

arghhh...the anxiety is killing me! waiting to see how my partner reacts to my package is agonizing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

edwards1
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2009 09:00:40 PM »

I am so glad you liked it! and I loooove the picture of the snitch! very clever! The whole time I was making the scarf my mom was like "you better hope she gets cold weather" so thank god you do!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists:http://www.wists.com/blabla

Deathly Hallows Pt. 2!

Top Wishlist (at the moment):
Bella's gloves, La Push hat, Weasley Sweater, and Eclipse hat. Also, a yarn bowl!

Going to Wizarding World soon, and in need of some swag! A bag to carry stuff that is HP while there would be AMAZING
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Birchbox Favorites: Miracle Skin Transformer, Davines, Jouer and More
Birchbox November 2014: Sneak Peek
3 Skin Care Myths Busted
Is L’Oreal Magic Nude The Perfect Giorgio Armani Foundation Dupe?
The Right Way to Apply Cream Blush
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...