A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 298,058
Currently Running With Scissors:
830 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Halloween Wedding Help.  (Read 551 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Kizzie421
« on: September 11, 2009 07:10:51 AM »

I'm getting married the 30th of October, this year. Our wedding theme is Halloween! Anything goes as long as it is halloween. Our guests are being asked to wear costumes, which 95% of our guests love the idea! Even my grandmother is dressing up.

Well we are trying to work on the name place cards/things, we want something halloweenish but it also has to be affordable and doable, we will need to make between 60 to 80.

I always find really cool things, but most stuff is really only meant for between 10 to 20 people so cost is a huge factor for us.

I'm open to any ideas! we already have our centerpieces, a black vase with red roses, and white roses sprayed with blood. the head table we got lemax halloween pieces for 60-75% off at AC Moore!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

MaggieMo
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009 11:29:58 AM »

http://www.marthastewart.com/

martha stewart had great ideas last year ranging from tasteful to scary, Im checking out her site now for this years inspiration

post pics of your wedding!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"But I don't want to go among mad people." said Alice. "Oh, you cant help that," said the cat. "We're all mad here."
Kizzie421
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009 05:04:22 PM »

i love her stuff! i picked up her halloween zine this year. we are doing the treat bags that she has in there using the slime punch
THIS ROCKS   Logged

psyche
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2009 02:45:24 AM »

There was another Halloween wedding poster in the last couple weeks, and I (and others!) replied to her thread - check it out here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=319633.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

eukarya
Freelance Artist and Maker of Crafty Things

Crazy loves me!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2009 12:35:11 PM »

How about mini luminaries for name place cards?  It would totally rock if each one had a burning tealight candle in it, but that might be a logistical and fire safety challenge. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pjhamel
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2009 09:09:11 PM »

It's just an idea, but if you took some silver glitter tulle and cut it to look like spider webs, then put it over a black table cloth, it would be awesome table decoration. You could also stencil webs on the corners of simple place cards if you wanted to keep with the theme. It would be both elegant and spooky at the same time.
Good luck, and congratulations. I hope you guys have fun.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I will happily do personal swaps for beads, buttons, and fat quarters!

My Pinterest
redsewinggal
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2009 06:49:27 AM »

so, Pottery barn had these metal vampire teeth place card holders. expensive i know. you could get some cheap ones (oriental trading company). to keep them in place you could insert wire in the back of them or hot glue them onto something, like a card stock. insert name card in the teeth to look like the teeth are biting down on the card.  and maybe drip some "blood" along the side of the name cards for affect.
hope this helps.
can't wait for the pics
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Write Graffiti Letter F
How to Draw an Embarrassed Face Manga Style
How to Paint a Building in Two-Point Perspective
How to Draw a Cartoon Face
How to Create a Silk Painting
Latest Blog Articles
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...