A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 308,224
Currently Running With Scissors:
433 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sealing in swarvoski crystals  (Read 545 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Kimbosis!
You got dat KIMBOSIS!

View Profile
« on: September 10, 2009 05:12:13 PM »

I just bought this necklace and the crystals keep falling off Sad

Two fell off in the mail and I glued them back on, but then I wore it today and a different stone fell off. I can't glue it back on since I don't have it.

So I was wondering if there's a way to seal the crystals in that wont make it less shiny or anything or if I should just invest in some crystals and be ready to glue them on. It's made of Lucite if that helps with giving me ideas.
I've never messed with any kind of jewelry before and don't want to mess up this $150 necklace so feel free to tell me if this is too big a project for beginners  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
faerieangelchild
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009 09:05:54 PM »

I don't know about you, but if I paid $150 for a necklace, I'd be pretty pissed that it's falling apart... It sounds like it might be defective. Is there any way you can contact whoever you bought it from and see if they'll do an exchange?

Other than that, I have a friend who makes necklaces and covers it in lacquer. It's really shiny and it forms a smooth coating. I don't know if that might be something you would like.

Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Re-Vintaged Jewelry

www.BirdcageBohemia.com

Don't get caged in, fly free...
imxriotxhere
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009 09:51:10 PM »

This seems kind of pointless because I don't think you'd want to do it to a $150 necklace, but I've always covered small rhinestones on body jewelry with just plain clear nail polish.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kimbosis!
You got dat KIMBOSIS!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009 10:34:54 AM »

I don't know about you, but if I paid $150 for a necklace, I'd be pretty pissed that it's falling apart... It sounds like it might be defective. Is there any way you can contact whoever you bought it from and see if they'll do an exchange?

Well I assumed the first 2 stones was because the post office always mistreats my packages. They've forced a contact juggling ball into my mail slot and got it stuck before! I know the designer fixes the items but only if they were bought directly from her store and I bought it on eBay. I just sent a message to the eBay seller so hopefully me trying to fix it the first wont be a problem with getting it exchanged.

This seems kind of pointless because I don't think you'd want to do it to a $150 necklace, but I've always covered small rhinestones on body jewelry with just plain clear nail polish.

I had thought about this but didn't want to jump in and do it without and advice.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrap Busting Artwork
Let's Monkey Around!
Meatless Monday: Lemon Cornmeal Waffles

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...