Merry Meet and Welcome to the WWP 15 Samhain Card Swap!Date to send cards by – October 25!
This is a swap within a swap, and you have to be signed up for Witch/Wiccan/Pagan Swap 15, or have sent in a “Card Swap Only” questionnaire and be a returning crafter from one of the previous Witch/Wiccan/Pagan swaps to be involved. Information on this can be found from RondaS at the main swap page:http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=319499.0
Here's the link to the WWP 15 Swap Gallery for when we start sharing what our partners have made!http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=321706.0
Please answer and post this quick questionnaire:Quickie Questionnaire:
Is it okay that the card has blatant pagan themes on it, or do you need to be careful of the other people in your house that may view them?
Does the envelope need to be discreet with regards to pagan themes?
Are you okay with tasteful nudity?
Would you prefer a traditional card or a postcard?
Do you get sickened by those personal news letters people sometimes include with their cards?
This gallery will serve a few purposes.
• A place to post pictures of the cards you receive. You can post them as you get them or you can post several at a time. Be sure to include the sender’s name.
• THE IMPROVED TRACKING SYSTEM (courtesy of Saturn with modifications by WindoverIreland) that makes my job easier.
• A place to prattle on about Witch/Wiccan/Pagan Swap 14
• A place to check in with your progress
Here’s our participants list. Your name will be blue
when you have sent all of your cards and green
when everyone has received from you. A number will be placed next to your name to show how many have received your cards, and how many have yet to receive.PARTICIPANTS LIST:
6. DanniQuee 7. Nobodyhasthisoneyet - 10/14 8. sullengal - 6/14 9. phnxreign99 - 6/14 10. hardyswanton01- 6/14
12. Phizzychick13. hawkeyes_girl - 5/14 14. edelC - 11/14
Please cut and paste this list in your post along with the quickie questionnaire in the card swap gallery. You will cross people's names off your list as you receive cards from them. Don't forget to cross yourself off your own list! Once you send please modify your post to say you’ve sent and let me know the date. If you need help doing this, just let me know!Some Samhain Lore and Inspiration!
Samhain is the third and final harvest festival and marks the Celtic new year. This sabbat bids farewell to the last rays of the summer light and ushers in the darkness of winter.
On this night the veil between the worlds is thinnest and it is a time when communicating with ancestors and departed loved ones is easiest. This is a time to honor the darker aspects of the Lord and Lady, often symbolized by the Crone and her aged Consort. Some Symbols of Samhain Typically include:
Black Cats, Jack-o-lanterns, Gourds, Besoms, Cauldrons and Apples. Anything Halloween realted applies as well. Foods of Samhain Include:
Apples, Gourds, Nuts, Mulled Wines, Beef, CiderDieties of Samhain:
Crone Goddesses, Dying/Aging Gods, Death and Otherworld DietiesSome Samhain Activities:
- Make Resolution and Burn them in a candle flame.
- Do Divinations for the coming year
- Carve a Jack-O-Lantern
- Create a spirit candle and place it in a window sill or jack-o-lantern to light the way for wandering spirits
- Have a mute supper
- Trick or Treat
- Tell spooky stories around a fire
- Make a witch’s ladder
- Create an altar to honor ancestors