A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 296,681
Currently Running With Scissors:
445 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Canadian etsy sellers  (Read 797 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Awesome1111
« on: September 09, 2009 03:30:02 PM »

I've been looking at shipping methods and they all kind of say shipping to canada or anywhere else is about $10 and up.. How much does it cost on average to ship a single item such as a shirt or skirt?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
onelastminuet
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009 04:53:49 PM »

I've been looking at shipping methods and they all kind of say shipping to canada or anywhere else is about $10 and up.. How much does it cost on average to ship a single item such as a shirt or skirt?

Canada Post takes into consideration a lot of different things to figure out postage cost. The postal code where the package is originating from, the *exact* postal code where the packaging is going to end up. The size of the package itself and the weight of the package. Plus, I don't think Canada Posts offers tracking on most of their national shipping options anymore, unless you're willing to pay an arm and a leg for it.. Just something to take into consideration.

I've always been jealous that the US postal system is so inexpensive in comparison, but keep in mind that most of Canada really is rural communities still, despite all the major metropolitan areas. All that ground to cover means there's more fuel costs to get a package from points A to B and it also means more traveling for postal carriers.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Michelle
http://imaginarysunshine.com - personal blog
http://chelle-chelle.com - crafts blog/site
anaximander
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009 04:20:45 PM »

Canada post is MUCH more expensive than the US - unless you know some tricks. First off, look into their *parcel post* service. Some mail counter clerks don't even really know it exists (aargh) and for the price of about $7 to mail a 8x10x2", 1lb box from KW to Toronto, you also get things like delivery confirmation and signature without having to pay extra. It can take about a week if you're going from Vancouver to Toronto, but other than that, the speed is really not too bad. If you're selling on eBay, look into the flat rate box, as well.

Keep in mind, too, that you don't want to charge just the shipping cost, unless you roll your packaging fees (boxes, plastic wrap, whatever) into the base cost of your item.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ruthless
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010 12:46:55 PM »

Hey, just stumbled on this and I'd like to add

If you go to a postal outlet in say Shopper's drug mart their package postage is going to be different than an actual Canada post outlet. It's going to be more, as they are allowed to charge essentially what they want to for parcels. Letter mail is of course the same but different "representatives" have different pricing. Some an arm, some a leg. LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Japanese Salad Dressing Recipe
Coconut Cringe: Anthony Eats America Ep. 6 - Deleted Scene
Recipe For Revolution: Anthony Eats America Ep. 6 - Deleted Scene
Sushi At Home: Spicy Scallop Hand Roll Recipe
Healthy Chicken Curry Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...