A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,468
Currently Running With Scissors:
430 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Baby Bump Swap Gallery  (Read 2801 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

marcusandila
Fairy Tales are Real

A TRUE LOVE Story Never Ends

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2009 11:46:20 AM »

I received my package from lil_starry1 today!!! Everything is really awesome. All of it was either from my wishlist or inspired by my wist; which is really nice. Smiley

NOW FOR THE PICTURES!!!

Here is what I seen when I opened up the package. I know this is probably weird, but for some reason...I REALLY REALLY Like the homemade wrapping paper made by her kiddos. There are handprints and random stampings on them all. I think they are adorable. Smiley

Next up we have a nursing necklace & bracelets. I'm pretty sure I requested these items. She also sent me a print out about nursing necklaces-games and things based on the development stages of babies. Really neat!! Smiley

Next up we have a diaper cover [I think I requested these, if not inspired by the many on my wist]. Its really cute, has buttons on it. & Some knitted booties, probably inspired by the many on my wist. lil_starry1 must have learned to knit during this swap, i remember her saying she didnt know how to knit, but you cannot tell at all by the booties. They are fabulous & they will match perfectly with a knitted sweater jacket I already have that is yellow.  Smiley

A "rar!" onsie inspired by my wist. it's freakin awesome! Smiley

A "The cat did it" onsie straight from my wist. With surprise paw-prints on the back. Really clever..

front

back

She sent me some hand-painted tri-fold diapers; which double as burp-cloths if I want to use them as that purpose instead. Inspired by my wist, I'm sure...They are very detailed, and took a long time to paint probably; especially the lion. They are fantastic & I'm not sure if I want to use them as actual diapers or if I want to use them as burp cloths yet.

close-up of the animals:

THANK YOU lil_starry1! EVERYTHING IS WONDERFUL. You did an awesome job, and all is well appreciated.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MY BLOG
MY PINTEREST
Momma to Cade & Cas
*Personal Swap? Yeahhh!*
Babsy
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2009 10:53:11 AM »

I've been horrible - I received my package so long ago and still haven't posted it - I am sorry!  First off, I was TOTALLY spoiled, so I really feel bad even posting all of this.. lol, but here is my package from marcusandila...

This is the overall photo... I couldn't even fit it all into one.  I really, really appreciated the hard work that went into this.  Even though it's my 2nd child, it's my boyfriend's 1st, and he's pretty nervous about it, so half of this swap was for him!  He has always said he doesn't understand why I do these swaps, I think he finally realizes how cool it is to get a present in the mail for no reason what so ever =]

Here's my portion of the package.  There's a blanket, bib, burpcloth, sleeper, and shirt, all Pooh themed, because I like Disney characters.  Plus, a hat, headband, barrettes, and a magazine.  I can't wait to have a girl and do her hair all pretty!  That's one thing I never got to experience with my boy.. lol.

Now, here's his portion.  He's more into the "girly" stuff, and she definitely hit that on the head! =]  He got 2 bibs, a burpcloth, a crocheted hat with matching thumb-less mittens (which is great because I can't crochet or knit), a bottle, and...

Two amazing onesies.  I am so jealous that this was in his part of the package.. lol.  I think this is going to be her staple clothing.. we will just switch back and forth everyday and wash the other one on the day that it's not worn.  How's that sound? haha.  For those who don't play World of Warcraft, the lion is the Alliance emblem since both me and the dad play Alliance characters and "noob" is just a term for someone who is new/acts new to the game, so it fits perfectly =]

This helped us fill up our baby stuff so much more, it was perfect.  THANK YOU so much, Ila!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
marcusandila
Fairy Tales are Real

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2009 04:24:31 PM »

This helped us fill up our baby stuff so much more, it was perfect.  THANK YOU so much, Ila!

Glad you like everything, I had a blast crafting for your baby; especially with the "whatever you do best" request- haha- left me with soo much to do & not enough time. We only have 1 infant girl in my whole family [extended included], so it was really fun to craft girly things rather than all boy stuff or gender neutral. Smiley

LOL I dont even play WoW but I loved, loved the onsies. Marcus was like "cool babe. i like the tribal design of it..why a lion tho?" lol he doesnt play either. I had to explain the whole concept behind the onsies. He's just like "Ohh, well I suppose they should like it then..." I was constantly asking him, "Does this look weird? You think this is ok for a lil girl?? Too boyish? etc??" I had fun though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MY BLOG
MY PINTEREST
Momma to Cade & Cas
*Personal Swap? Yeahhh!*
SAHMama
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2009 07:11:21 AM »

I got my package from irish_chicky yesterday! Smiley

She sent some goodies for me - a rice eye pillow (to be heated or cooled for headaches), candles, & fossilized leaves. The box is awesome too; it held something for my son, but I've claimed it for myself! Smiley

Goodies for the baby (due October 20) - a monkey hat, a Halloween hat, & an awesome pair of pants. I have to make or find a great onesie to go with these pants 'cause I just love them!

And a gift for my almost-2-year-old son - a sock monkey. He loves it (took it with him for his nap yesterday) & keeps talking about his "new monkey"!

Thanks so much irish_chicky! We love everything! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

marcusandila
Fairy Tales are Real

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2009 08:41:02 AM »

what awesome stuff. I think that bat hat is adorable. & The sockmonkey is super cute too. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MY BLOG
MY PINTEREST
Momma to Cade & Cas
*Personal Swap? Yeahhh!*
irish_chicky
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2009 11:23:50 AM »

Yay, so happy you like everything SAHmama, I hope the monkey hat fits ok and so glad your son likes his monkey. It was my first time ever making a sock money so that makes me happy.

I had a lot of fun making everything I messed up the pants once and had to make another pair but really like how they turned out and I also fell in love with the halloween hat, almost  couldnt send it Tongue

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am interested in doing personal swaps!!!
marcusandila
Fairy Tales are Real

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2009 06:54:03 AM »

lol thats how i was with the entire pooh-bear set.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MY BLOG
MY PINTEREST
Momma to Cade & Cas
*Personal Swap? Yeahhh!*
lil_starry1
Pickle Painter.

Just add glitter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2009 07:44:45 AM »

Mines here!!! I will try and get photos later! It is all absolutely gorgeous and I am thrilled, have been really sick today  Huh so it was a lovely surprise!

We have such a lovely gallery of stuff, there are gunna be lots of fabulously well dressed and accessorised little babies in the next few months.

Thank you SAHMamma I loveeeeeeee everything!! Pics to follow.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

irish_chicky
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2009 12:02:42 PM »

Hey everyone!!! I just wanted to let everyone know that I will be updating swap status' in the next couple days for everyone that had their packages recieved. It's been a crazy weekend for me so I'm a bit behind on stuff.

I'm getting very excited to recieve my package, hopefully it doesnt take to much longer to get here!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am interested in doing personal swaps!!!
Gumption

"Sing an outlaw love song." -Social Distortion

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2009 08:28:23 PM »

Hey Irish_Chicky!  I'm so sorry that the Swap-Organizer's pkg seems to be the last to arrive.  After all of this great crafting, I'm worried that mine isn't enough.  I hope you like it when you get it.  It should be there this week, according to the Post Office.....

Great crafting, everyone, btw!

-Gumption.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Opposite of Me Book Trailer
Jane Feather Talks About Writing
Tom Bromley Talks About the 1980s
Nora McFarland Reveals Her Favorite Movies
Vincent Flynn Talks About Extreme Measures
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...