A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 296,402
Currently Running With Scissors:
818 Guests and 37 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Small Destash/buy nothing swap 4  (Read 4082 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MiLady
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2009 11:55:11 AM »

Wow! I only just discovered this gallery today! Everything looks great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Happiness is the key to success, success is not the key to happiness. If you love what you're doing you will be happy.
Serenthia
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2009 04:21:33 AM »

Wow I also only just found out! I didnt realised people had recieved already! Awesome stuff! I really like the cupcake and owl, i wish i could crochet (I tried but failed hard haha) I also really like the twighlight frame Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shelina
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2009 04:38:56 AM »

Wow I also only just found out! I didnt realised people had recieved already! Awesome stuff! I really like the cupcake and owl, i wish i could crochet (I tried but failed hard haha) I also really like the twighlight frame Smiley

If it helps any I learned to crochet from youtube! I would look at a pattern and figure out what the stitch for the abbreviation was then go to youtube and figure out how to do. I would have to pause and rewind a lot to keep up but i figured it out. Now it is so easy to me. I am even starting to figure out my own patterns. The owl was actually my very first pattern I made! Next it will be youtube knitting 101 LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Decaf
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2009 10:21:28 AM »

I got my package from guineverefree...hol y crap!  My jaw dropped open when I opened the package and I'm still grinning from ear to ear (which I've really needed lately!)  Prepare to drool...

First, a teaser pic of my cat checking out the box and treasure inside (pretty sure she wanted to keep it for herself...too bad Banana, it's mine!)

OK, onto the good stuff...check out this hooded scarf!  I had a similar one in my wists, but this one is WAY better!  I adore the colors, and look at all the patterns!

Yeah, I know you're jealous  Grin  Here are some more pics of all the different patterns she used...

Argyle!

Stars!  Checkerboard!

Stripes!  Other amazing patterns I don't know the name of (in the note she listed all the different stiches she used...I count 15 different stiches between the knit and crochet!  WOW!)

Finally, the action shot (I couldn't wait for my husband to get home to take a pic for me, or apparently even to put on makeup  Cheesy

It fits perfectly!  THANK YOU SO MUCH guineverefree!  You're an awesome partner and organizer!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

guineverefree

I love happy endings, they are so rare. - Aro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2009 12:17:08 PM »

I'm so glad you like it! I had so much fun on it! When I start out with it I thought "this is way too artsy for me" but about half way through I didn't want to give it up. I"m glad it went to a good home!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MiLady
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2009 02:07:53 PM »

Well, I've received and what a fabulous parcel I got!!! I'm getting a bit addicted to this swap milarkey.

A crocheted bag that I'd been drooling over, LINED!! (I LOVE bags)

Stitch markers, which i desperately needed and I absolutely love the glitter in some of the beads (Littlebluegirl suggested i might use them as wine glass charms, but I've completely gone off wine since an unfortunate incident with a 9euro 5litre box of wine and a drinking game that I lost) A felted flower brooch which is in stunning colours

And a much needed bookmark which was put to use shortly after I took the photo
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Happiness is the key to success, success is not the key to happiness. If you love what you're doing you will be happy.
Decaf
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2009 02:18:35 PM »

That bag looks great!  Man, I need to learn to crochet  Cheesy  (Side note: am I the only one who accidentally types crotch instead of crochet every time!? lol)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

oneredboot
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2009 02:59:30 PM »

i received from ckchan today!  she sent a lovely knitted grey shawl and two scrubbies made from plastic bags.  i LOVE shawls, so this beautiful one will get lots of use!  and i'm excited to use the scrubbies--i've been wanting some of these!!  thank you, ckchan!!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Serenthia
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2009 11:36:33 PM »

That hooded scarf is AWESOME! I love the colour combo.

More gorgeous crochet and that knitted shawl is beautiful! You ladies are truely talented Smiley
Im interested to know what those scrubbies are, i've never heard of them before, but if theyre made from plastic bags, bonus points! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

littlebluegirl
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2009 03:33:28 AM »

As usual, I'm a latecomer to the gallery.  What lovely goodies.  I especially like the Mario pincushion.  And I'm glad you like what I sent MiLady.  And swapping IS addictive Cheesy  Should be getting my package from you on Tuesday...sooo long to wait!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
David Menasche: What Are You Reading?
Trailers: X-Men: No More Humans Trailer
My First Book Became A Lifetime Movie
Author And Mom Describes How Divorce Led To Her Steamy Memoir
CoolAge Blogfest Winners at Spring Fest, IIT Kharagpur
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...