A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,712
Currently Running With Scissors:
420 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Find Pattern!- Megan Fox Tokyo Transformers Premiere Dress  (Read 8897 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Savage
« on: September 08, 2009 11:07:05 AM »

So i bought this beautiful fabric with only and idea of what i want to do with it. This is what im leaning towards:
http://profashionelle.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/megan-fox-donna-karan-purple-one-shoulder-gown.jpg

I think this is a beautiful gown and the fabric i have is PERFECT!! However i can't make this without any guidance. Can anybody give me a pattern similar or help me figure out how to do something like this. I HAVE to do it. Thank you so much!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011 08:31:34 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged
NoAddedMSG
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009 10:39:39 PM »

So I had a bit of a look through the patterns online, and I couldn't see anything that really fits. If I were making it I would think about it as two separate peices, the skirt part and the top part. The top part would come from any strapless dress pattern where the top and skirt part are constructed in two parts joined together with a seam at the natural waist line (for example, view A in B5322.) You could construct the foundation of the bodice as instucted, then over top drape and then stitch extra fabric to create the gathered look and the sleeve.

The bottom half of the dress: um, I guess is depends on how brave you are.... to me, that looks like a single rectangle of fabric, crossed over at the front of the waist, then stitched to the top half of the dress.... which seems like a recipe for showing the world your underwear when a gust of wind blows the dress open. A slightly safer alternative might be to go for a wrap skirt type approach.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Meet Author Aryn Kyle
Happy For No Reason Book Trailer
Alan Katz Reveals His Previous Occupation
Douglas Florian Reads from Dinothesaurus
Jennifer Baszile Reveals Who She Admires Most
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...