A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 305,440
Currently Running With Scissors:
584 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Kwik Sew Clutches  (Read 7263 times)
Tags for this thread: kwik_sew , clutch , skull , zebra  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« on: September 07, 2009 05:24:49 PM »

Here are two clutches I recently made with the free Kwik Sew Clutch pattern http://www.kwiksew.com/Projects/5001.pdf. Really easy pattern to follow. I did struggle with the stiff interfacing being it was my first time using the Pellon 70. I really didn't like the wrinkled effect from the fusible interfacing...any tips to keep this from happening is appreciated. After my mom seen my skull clutch she fell in love with the shape/size and wanted one for herself but with a purse strap.  I couldn't convince her to let me make her a skull one   Cheesy so I made her a zebra one...now whenever we go shopping I can spot her a mile away  Wink . Thanks for looking~~ Mary :mrgreen:

Sewing in the wind.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009 06:06:46 PM »

Cute, I love the fabric.
betty bat
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009 06:13:02 PM »

I really like the strap that you added.  I'm not a "clutch girl", but I liked the shape of the purse, so the strap would make it even better for me.  Good work!

Let go of what's already gone..

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2009 06:19:37 PM »

i love it..just simply love it..

its ME!!
Soap licking is dangerous..please dont try it at home

will trade some soap for a superhero cape which will be used by the kid in my avatar ^^
The Daredevil Sky Pirate

Down to a 12 and shedding more lbs. everyday!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2009 06:26:49 PM »

You know, I downloaded this pattern too, and I looked at the one they displayed and was like..."but it looks so drab  Sad" Now I have to make one, yours is so fabulous! I love the fabric, the bow, the key fob, everything!

My Swaps
Multi-Themed Steampunk Swap

"One psychopath per TARDIS, don't you think?"

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2009 06:27:34 PM »

Those are beautiful!  Surprisingly, given my aversion to animal prints (long story involving a psycho ex of my mom's), I LOVE the zebra one.

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2009 09:36:08 PM »

adorable! i love the style Smiley

Turn inside out before laundering!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2009 09:54:18 PM »

I love the monogram patches on these bags! Did you make them?

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2009 07:30:29 AM »

Wow thanks, wasn't expecting so many nice comments Grin. I love the skull fabric, I actually have 5 yards of it sitting at home just begging to be used. Dh said I couldn't order any more fabric till I used this one so I had to come up with something.

betty bat The strap looks better than I expected. I'm not so much a clutch girl either but I figured it would be nice to try something new besides making myself yet another huge bag. Plus with a toddler its nice to leave the diaper bag in the car and just have a small bag to run errands with.

LilySnape Oh so you also like the wild prints Wink. Then I guess you would like the giraffe fabric I just purchased too. My mom bought and entire bolt of zebra fabric Shocked last year when she was on a zebra kick.

Seraphina_de_Sangre Oh wow I actually inspired you to make one, I'm blushing Cheesy. You know I too came across this pattern (the first time) about a year ago and said "Blahhhh, how boring Tongue." I wasn't as creative back then  Undecided. But then I found it again (1 month ago) while looking to purchase a clutch/small purse pattern and the lightbulb went off......this could work with a little jazzing up. And it did Cool. Good luck, looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

DivaLea Thanks! Yes I made the patches, that part actually wasn't planned. I originally was going to embroider the design directly onto the bag. Normally I like to do a practice test of any designs (especially after merging two together) before I apply to the real item . Well I loved the test design so much I couldn't see just tossing it aside after spending 30 minutes on it so I used my applique scissors to cut it out as close as possible. It looked so plain just sewn on top the flap so I started playing around with ribbon and loved the effect of the patch sewn on top the ribbon. We love monogramming everything here in the South so after I had DD I saved $ for a year so I could get and embroidery machine. It was worth every penny.

THanks again! ~~Mary
I'm willing to do a personal swap! :-)

"Paint it black with a splash of HOT pink!"

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2009 02:24:48 PM »

These are really cute! I love the skull one. I so need to make one now. Wink

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Direct Actors
How to Digitize Super 8mm
How to Edit Your First Movie
How to Shoot Your First Movie
How to Make Your First Movie: Using Proper Gear
Latest Blog Articles
November 25, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Cube Advent Calendar
Thankful for Family

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...