A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 296,744
Currently Running With Scissors:
456 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Gadget Case with matching pouch updated with pattern  (Read 1790 times)
Tags for this thread: pattern , gadget_case , tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sunfilly
Sew Sonny

"imagination is worth more then knowledge"Albert E

View Profile WWW
« on: September 28, 2009 08:28:28 PM »

Finally after a lot of prototypes and testing by me and my daughter I have come up with what I think is the perfect gadget case.
Adding that extra little pocket on the front made it more functional. The ear buds actually fit very well. Before in the old design..., I thought I could use the card pocket for the ear buds, but once you put the phone or ipod in the case the front pocket became so tight the ear buds would not fit. it is better suited for cards and cash. I put a belt loop in the back to wear on a belt.
Having the little matching case is great to carry the charger in. Perfect for bringing my music to work and now I will not have to have a bunch of loose wires in my purse.

Front of case with matching pouch

ear buds and a blue tooth, They fit all the way in the pocket, I just have them sticking out a bit to show the items.

Back view with belt loop.

it is lined with eco-felt. it makes a nice padding to protect our gadgets.

Ok here is the pattern, sorry the instructions will take me a bit longer, but if you know how to sew it will be no problem.  Please understand this pattern is for personal use only not to be used for commercial use.. I have put a little reminder of that on the pattern so you will not forget. The images are 8x11 so you should not have any problem printing them out. just make sure the main case is 4x6 then you know it is the right size.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2009 12:19:00 PM by sunfilly » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.etsy.com/shop/DLPuckettDesigns

"What is in my minds eye flows though my body and then through my finger tips. That is me and my art."
Sonny Puckett
Geniale
Formerly known as Burgz

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009 10:28:15 PM »

I adore your little gadget pouch! The colours are wonderful and the size is just perfect! I've been looking for that exact kind of "wallet" for sooooo long... could you post a tute or at least a pattern?

Thanks for sharing sunfilly! Congrats Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Each one of us has a fire in our heart for something. Its our goal in life to find it and to keep it lit. " - Mary Lou Retton
ninjanator
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2009 02:37:07 AM »

oh that's functional and good looking - i'm actually about to make my own gadget case, so thanks for the pointers (especially that bit about the earbud pocket - i hadn't even thought of it!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

when I'm wearing my crafty pants: etsy
...when I'm a pack rat: blog
...and when I feel like sharing: tutorials
sunfilly
Sew Sonny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2009 09:04:21 AM »

oh that's functional and good looking - i'm actually about to make my own gadget case, so thanks for the pointers (especially that bit about the earbud pocket - i hadn't even thought of it!)
yeah it fits the earbuds very well. If you notice on the bottom of the little pocket there is a pleat and then elastic on the top. You could just gather the pocket on the bottom as well, but I thought the pleat made it look classy.  Grin The pocket is the same size as the case just turned horizontally  I made the elastic the same width as the case so it would be snug. I would suggest you make the pocket only one layer of fabric with a turn at the top for elastic.

I will try to come up with a tut for this case. I'm not to good with instructions so give me time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"What is in my minds eye flows though my body and then through my finger tips. That is me and my art."
Sonny Puckett
sunfilly
Sew Sonny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2009 12:22:39 PM »

If you make one of these please post it I would love to see. I would love some feed back on the pattern as well, how good or bad you think it is. I will work on instructions as well, but it will take me a while I want them to be as professional as I can make them. Wink
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009 12:28:27 PM by sunfilly » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sonny Puckett
Geniale
Formerly known as Burgz

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2009 02:52:46 PM »

If you make one of these please post it I would love to see. I would love some feed back on the pattern as well, how good or bad you think it is. I will work on instructions as well, but it will take me a while I want them to be as professional as I can make them. Wink

Thank you for this! I appreciate it. I'll let you know when I try it out (I don't know if I'll have access to a camera anytime soon though...)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Each one of us has a fire in our heart for something. Its our goal in life to find it and to keep it lit. " - Mary Lou Retton
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...