A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,023
Currently Running With Scissors:
436 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 34
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Lap Quilt Swap 5 CLOSED - Send 10/8/2009 for fabric; 12/22/2009 for blocks  (Read 20680 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

gingerquilts
« Reply #190 on: November 02, 2009 09:25:11 PM »

I've been working on the christmas stocking swap but home to start cranking out blocks next week.  They all look terrific so far!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Marmish

Quincy the Pug

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #191 on: November 03, 2009 06:29:30 AM »

Posted China's block in the gallery this morning. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ritapizza
« Reply #192 on: November 03, 2009 01:58:21 PM »

Hihihi, sorry, I've been quiet... on vacation on and off the last few weeks...
I've finished a bunch more blocks and will post pictures soon!
Love everyone's blocks! woohoo!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

summertimerolls

"I hope this works"

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #193 on: November 04, 2009 06:24:59 AM »

I too have been quiet lately.  I was fed up with my machine so I started a hand sewing project...but I have put that stuff away for now and want to get back to these blocks.  I want to have them done by Thanksgiving...I'm hosting and that is always stressful.  I know I wouldn't work on them after, so I'm going to have them finished before.  I'll probably do a few of the blocks I've already made since I'm more familiar with them. 

I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather malisha.  My grandmother was in hospice for 6 months before she died this past spring and I know it is a long hard time watching a loved one suffer. I was close with my grandmother, and it is still hard.  Sometimes when the phone rings I think it will be her, or I catch myself thinking of meals to take to her.  But, time is good and it helps.  Hopefully you had the chance to say you loved him and a proper goodbye.  I am very thankful for those moments...and HOSPICE people (staff and volunteers) are wonderful. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PM me if you are interested in a personal swap.
malisha

♫ If i ever lose my knees... i wont have 2 beg ♪

View Profile WWW
« Reply #194 on: November 04, 2009 09:46:23 AM »

I  Hopefully you had the chance to say you loved him and a proper goodbye.  I am very thankful for those moments...and HOSPICE people (staff and volunteers) are wonderful. 

I actually had time! I couldnt stand my family not taking care of him so I took him to live 2 blocks away from my house (he lived about 1 hr away frm me before) he lived in here since march!  and were amazing times, i learned a lot from him and had the blessing of taking care of him and giving him a little of what he gave to me when i was a baby! On his last days in hospital i could be with him very little because as everyone felt it was the end, everyone went to see him, but i still could see him a couple of times and "I love you" was one of the things i said more to him! He never said "I love you" to anyone, not even to his kids! But everytime I said I love you, he answered "me too, like a boy fish to a girl fish" that was kind of funny! and ... although he never said "I love you" not even to me, I was the only one that got to hear "me too" from him! So... that's the best you can have from a loved one!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I live in mexico, I can send loads of mexican stuff ...I'd swap for crafting supplies and scrapbooking supplies (PM if interested)

"Only when the last tree has been cut, and the last fish has been killed, then mankind will understand that money can't be eaten"

http://www.wists.com/malisha
sloth003
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

i still have all my marbles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #195 on: November 09, 2009 05:19:57 AM »

monday update time again.

i have sent all fabric and blocks back.(oct30)

so no update.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Seeking scraps! I'm in need of a variety of white on white scraps. (2.5inch square minimum) for pixel quilts. Have any? Swap for? PM me! Smiley

Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate- Terry Pratchett
Linnybelle
« Reply #196 on: November 09, 2009 06:26:24 AM »

I received Sloth's block for me this weekend and I'm still working on the blocks.  Haven't managed to get pictures yet, it's been kind of crazy around here, but I'm working on it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for postcards from anywhere to use for RSVP cards for my 8/2012 wedding.  Have 80/200.
malisha

♫ If i ever lose my knees... i wont have 2 beg ♪

View Profile WWW
« Reply #197 on: November 09, 2009 12:32:35 PM »

I'm working on blocks today! I finished for china (will send in a couple of hours) and cannot seem to get inspired to make gingerquilts block!! But i'll manage something!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I live in mexico, I can send loads of mexican stuff ...I'd swap for crafting supplies and scrapbooking supplies (PM if interested)

"Only when the last tree has been cut, and the last fish has been killed, then mankind will understand that money can't be eaten"

http://www.wists.com/malisha
shout4joy
« Reply #198 on: November 09, 2009 02:26:36 PM »

I've got everything cut out...will continue sewing this week - in between school with the kiddos, a late swap project (another board and it is mutual with my swap partner), dh home for veteran's day (never get much work done when he's home) and various evening things outside the home...

I put a couple more pictures up late last week Smiley

JOY
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SimplySandy
« Reply #199 on: November 09, 2009 04:23:34 PM »

MONDAY UPDATEGot Malisha's block made. Just need to take a picture of it and post it to the gallery.  I received my block back from Malisha, too.  That's about it for this week.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 34 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Pekingse
How to Draw Patrick
Air Graffiti Wall Takes Street Art Off the Streets
How to Draw Pascal
How to Draw Otto
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes
Meatless Monday: No Meat Lasagna

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...